Brentwood @ Ravenwood

RHSRaptor08

i don't see the competition this year... brentwood is nothing short of awful and the ravenwood team seems to be improving and with a week off they should come in fresh and shut down the bruins on the home fields.

RHS 21

BHS 0

I agree that what you said "should" happen. However, don't forget the emotional aspect to this one. Both teams get pumped regardless of their records. For the Raptors to insure victory, they need to put this one away early and not leave the door open for some fluke plays (a la Goodpasture) to take the game away from them late.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a previously close observer of the program from times past and have been saddened by the results to-date but I observed practice this week for the first time so I don't have anything to compare to for this year. What I did see was a focused team that was working very hard to improve. I saw some excellent leadership emerging that may have been lacking this year and I expect it to carry over to the game this week. I predict you will see Ron Crawford's stamp all over this team this week and they will play with more discipline and fire than they have shown thus far. Good Luck Bruins....Make us old Bruins proud!

Good luck to both teams on a injury free game this Friday.

Where is Jaron Norfleet at now?

Jaron is a true freshman at UT Chattanooga, where he's playing defensive end. He's seen some playing time, logging a handful of tackles so far this year.

Expect the Bruins to give it their full effort tomorrow. Everyone is healthy and there may be some new wrinkles to the scheme. Also, I'm not so sure that having a bye week before a big game is such a positive thing. Brentwood always seemed sluggish coming off the bye in seasons past. Thankfully they've done away with it this year. Good health to both teams and lets settle it on the field.

DAD1 is right. I've watched some practice and the difference this week vs. others have been the extreme focus this week- as well as some brutual hitting. The Bruins are wounded, their pride is hurt, and they haven't been in this position in about 13 years. They have the youngest team they've fielded in over a decade. The players aren't use to it, the coaches aren't use to it, and the fans aren't use to it. The best tonic in the world would be a W over the boys on Wilson Pike.

Trust me, Ron Crawford knows how to get a team ready and focused. He is a hands-on coaching dervish.

Things are sluggish on the offensive side, but they are getting very, very close to exploding on the scoreboard.

This game is all about emotion and want to.

Good Luck Bruins

DAD1 is right. I've watched some practice and the difference this week vs. others have been the extreme focus this week- as well as some brutual hitting. The Bruins are wounded, their pride is hurt, and they haven't been in this position in about 13 years. They have the youngest team they've fielded in over a decade. The players aren't use to it, the coaches aren't use to it, and the fans aren't use to it. The best tonic in the world would be a W over the boys on Wilson Pike.

Trust me, Ron Crawford knows how to get a team ready and focused. He is a hands-on coaching dervish.

Things are sluggish on the offensive side, but they are getting very, very close to exploding on the scoreboard.

This game is all about emotion and want to.

Good Luck Bruins

You got me on Moms & Dads watching varsity practice because this is one thing we don't do at Ravenwood. Watching varsity practice as over anxious parents is not a good thing for the son and his team, but I see Brentwood has a different opinion on this, not to be critical. If it works for you, go for it. I understand few of the Moms & Dads watching the sons practice on JV/Freshmen team because they are not older enough to drive.

Rector was no doubt out coached by Crawford during Brentwood rebuilding the team last year with "young players". I see this rebuilding explanation with "young players" is being carried over this year as well. This "being young" explanation for two years straight is getting old. Brentwood should be to a point of reloading instead of rebuilding.

The field is set, let's get it on tonight...no excuses and have fun tailgating...bragging rights and Woods Trophy going to the winner of these two fine high schools.

Ravenwood wins this game, however I'm not sure by how many points due to the fact that it is a rivalry game and that changes alot of things. So in essence it might be a close game. The main thing Ravenwood has working for it is that it has one of the best football coaches in the state of Tennessee, no discredit to Ron Crawford. I also look for Michael Becker to make a statement tonight on why he should be this region's MVP. Also something worthy of noting is that neither one of these teams are as good as they have been in the past few years.

It will be interesting to see how the playing time is divided tonight at QB for the Bruins between senior Drew Fancher and sophomore Jordan Evans. Last week at Blackman, Drew started and played the first drive, threw a pick, and did not play the rest of the game. Fancher has started all 3 games for the Bruins, but Evans has gotten increasingly more time in all 3. Don't be surprised to see Evans starting tonight for the Bruins. The coaches like Fancher because of his outstanding leadership ability, but when it comes down to who has the better arm and who can make big things happen, it is Evans hands-down. You can take it to the bank that Evans will get a college football scholarship, joining the likes of Bill Whittemore ('00 Kansas), Matt Henshaw ('01 FSU), Austen Everson ('03, Ohio U), Thomas Welch ('05 Vanderbilt), and McCurdy ('06 Naval Academy).

Brentwood 14

Ravenwood 10

It will be interesting to see how the playing time is divided tonight at QB for the Bruins between senior Drew Fancher and sophomore Jordan Evans. Last week at Blackman, Drew started and played the first drive, threw a pick, and did not play the rest of the game. Fancher has started all 3 games for the Bruins, but Evans has gotten increasingly more time in all 3. Don't be surprised to see Evans starting tonight for the Bruins. The coaches like Fancher because of his outstanding leadership ability, but when it comes down to who has the better arm and who can make big things happen, it is Evans hands-down. You can take it to the bank that Evans will get a college football scholarship, joining the likes of Bill Whittemore ('00 Kansas), Matt Henshaw ('01 FSU), Austen Everson ('03, Ohio U), Thomas Welch ('05 Vanderbilt), and McCurdy ('06 Naval Academy).

Brentwood 14

Ravenwood 10

This one's going to be fun to watch. By the way, what numbers are Fancher and Evans?

Coach Crawford said, in his TV interview this week, that all other things being equal, the quality of the QBs will determine the outcome. He acknowledged the importance of the Bruin QB matchup with Michael Becker. His comments pretty much affirm your post!

This is always a roller coaster especially for those of us who have lived in Brentwood for many years and have had kids graduate from both schools. Good luck to both teams and pray for no injuries! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This one's going to be fun to watch. By the way, what numbers are Fancher and Evans?

Fancher is 15, Evans is 5.

For those wanting a little history on this rivalry, the Bruins and Raptors have met 6 times (twice in playoffs) since the opening of Ravenwood in 2002. The series is tied 3-3, with the Bruins winning in 2003, 2004 playoffs, and 2006. The Raptors have won in the 2004 regular season and twice in 2005. There was no varsity game between the schools in 2002. The home team has won all 6 meetings.