Be careful for what you ask for...You might get it.

wizard

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, the coaches are not involved in these types of decisions. They may be the last ones to know.

While I spend most of my time down here in Florida City, FL I do speak with various coaches most every week. The major concern that the private schools had was the travel to play regular season games and SOME of that has been eliminated. As finances continue to get tight for both the public and private schools I see a time when everyone is brought back together if for no reason other than money. It simply is costing the TSSAA too much money to operate two divisions. They could put everyone back together with four divisions for football, basketball and baseball and have a great association. All non financial aid giving private schools must play in AA or higher and all schools that give financial aid must be in AAA or AAAA. For sports like track, cross country, wrestling, etc... have only one division and crown one champion.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been meeting of private schools (several) to discuss a seperate organization if force to divison 2 by all privates and even if not with the mulitplier...it will happen if we are all forced to Division 2...why would we stay...why pay TSSAA if they are going to put us in a divison of unwanteds...we hav eno representation on the TSSAA board...so why give them our dues...if I recall this country was formed over taxation with no representation...if their is a total spilt we will leave...