Harpeth or Hickman(who wins)

suicide6780

What was the score of those games??

I am sure the night in 97 when huntingdon threw the ball only 1 time in the game Harpeth did a great job of keeping their gap responsibility that night!!!

'97: Huntingdon over Harpeth (42-0): 2nd Round

'99: Huntingdon over Harpeth (45-14): Quarterfinals

'01: Harpeth over Huntingdon (10-7): 1st Round

'03: Huntingdon over Harpeth (60-12): 1st Round

THERE YA GO!!!!!

BTW, it would be crazy to compare Huntingdon's great teams from the past to a Hickman Co. team that hasn't gone to the playoffs in a decade and is just 3-0 so far on the early season. THAT IS AN INSULT AT THIS POINT IN TIME!!!! Down the road????? Who knows????? Right now though you just can't make a comparision like that one. SORRY!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everyone enjoys hating on the passionate Hickman County fans who are thrilled to be having a great football season after so many lean years. You probably can't compare this year's HC team with those great Huntington teams from the past, but to jab at HC for not making the playoffs in a decade...we'll, I bet Harpeth would have made about the same number of trips to the postseason if they had been playing 4A football. Try playing the metro schools week in and week out, getting your brains beat in, and then you'll appreciate the 3-0 start just like the Hickman County fans do this year. And just keep on taking the dawgs lightly...Harpeth will gets theirs come Friday night in Centerville.

Go Dawgs!

I hope everyone enjoys hating on the passionate Hickman County fans who are thrilled to be having a great football season after so many lean years. You probably can't compare this year's HC team with those great Huntington teams from the past, but to jab at HC for not making the playoffs in a decade...we'll, I bet Harpeth would have made about the same number of trips to the postseason if they had been playing 4A football. Try playing the metro schools week in and week out, getting your brains beat in, and then you'll appreciate the 3-0 start just like the Hickman County fans do this year. And just keep on taking the dawgs lightly...Harpeth will gets theirs come Friday night in Centerville.

Go Dawgs!

Harpeth might get theirs on Friday. Nobody is taking Hickman Co lightly at Harpeth I can assure you. Harpeth hasn't exactly been riding the wave the past 4 years. Harpeth won't ever be a 4A team and 2A Harpeth beat some of those 3A and 4A Hickman County teams around the same years they were getting thumped by Huntingdon in the playoffs. I guess you guys owe us....

Try playing Goodpasture, CPA and DCA week in and week out with 3A Sycamore and Cheatham County thrown in for good measure. You surely don't want to compare schedules over the past 2 years. You guys are playing a 2A schedule with a roster full of 4A like junior and senior numbers. You should win. It's going to take a couple of years for this Hickman/East Hickman deal to shake out.

Harpeth might get theirs on Friday. Nobody is taking Hickman Co lightly at Harpeth I can assure you. Harpeth hasn't exactly been riding the wave the past 4 years. Harpeth won't ever be a 4A team and 2A Harpeth beat some of those 3A and 4A Hickman County teams around the same years they were getting thumped by Huntingdon in the playoffs. I guess you guys owe us....

Try playing Goodpasture, CPA and DCA week in and week out with 3A Sycamore and Cheatham County thrown in for good measure. You surely don't want to compare schedules over the past 2 years. You guys are playing a 2A schedule with a roster full of 4A like junior and senior numbers. You should win. It's going to take a couple of years for this Hickman/East Hickman deal to shake out.

NO COMPARISON.......PERIOD

Your kidding me. There is absolutely no comparison, none, zero, nadda. And just exactly what are 4A like junior and senior numbers? Man, I bet they would have alot rather played Hillsboro than DCA. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I've never seen people make excuses for getting it handed to them like I have the teams that are getting beat by Hickman Co. The same team that everyone wanted on their schedule. I remember when someone on here predicted they would be no better in 2A since they still hadn't beat Fairview. I'm pretty sure this was planned. It took three years and i'll bet those kids worked their butts off to get to this point. Plus they survived a split which took half the kids leaving them half the enrollment. So your excuses are hilarious, and i'm sure before the end of the season there will be more.

Your kidding me. There is absolutely no comparison, none, zero, nadda. And just exactly what are 4A like junior and senior numbers? Man, I bet they would have alot rather played Hillsboro than DCA. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I've never seen people make excuses for getting it handed to them like I have the teams that are getting beat by Hickman Co. The same team that everyone wanted on their schedule. I remember when someone on here predicted they would be no better in 2A since they still hadn't beat Fairview. I'm pretty sure this was planned. It took three years and i'll bet those kids worked their butts off to get to this point. Plus they survived a split which took half the kids leaving them half the enrollment. So your excuses are hilarious, and i'm sure before the end of the season there will be more.

Great Post!

Yea Hickman has been through so much more than Harpeth in the last 4 years it isnt even funny. And I bet you would rather play Goodpasture more than Tullahoma. And what he meant by your junior and senior numbers are you have A LOT more than Harpeth, and the other schools in our region.

Yea Hickman has been through so much more than Harpeth in the last 4 years it isnt even funny. And I bet you would rather play Goodpasture more than Tullahoma. And what he meant by your junior and senior numbers are you have A LOT more than Harpeth, and the other schools in our region.

You're right Harpeth has been through much more than Hickman County has in the last 4 years....

You all put a Goat in the yard of one of your Coaches....I guess that does mean you have been through a lot more...I bet you our Coaches would have gotten a Goat in his yard, had everyone not understood playing against Hillsboro, Maplewood, Whites Creek, and yes Tullahoma (By the way John Olive is one of the best Coaches out there and yes they are good) was a battle that we could not win no matter the numbers. Man, give it up, you have no excuses!!!! Don't be upset that Hickman County people are proud to have some "chance" to cheer....we have been kicked around enough....and let me remind you all these boys need is to know how to win and they will not loose those embarrassing games (the ones they should not) anymore....I know they have worked hard for three and four years....I have been there!!!

You're right Harpeth has been through much more than Hickman County has in the last 4 years....

You all put a Goat in the yard of one of your Coaches....I guess that does mean you have been through a lot more...I bet you our Coaches would have gotten a Goat in his yard, had everyone not understood playing against Hillsboro, Maplewood, Whites Creek, and yes Tullahoma (By the way John Olive is one of the best Coaches out there and yes they are good) was a battle that we could not win no matter the numbers. Man, give it up, you have no excuses!!!! Don't be upset that Hickman County people are proud to have some "chance" to cheer....we have been kicked around enough....and let me remind you all these boys need is to know how to win and they will not loose those embarrassing games (the ones they should not) anymore....I know they have worked hard for three and four years....I have been there!!!

That is just a ton of arrogance right there. You make it sound like the community as a whole put that goat in there yard. That is very dumb of you to say, and I dont remember saying John Olive is a bad coach, did I???? You make it sound like DCA, CPA, Goodpasture are just walks in the park. Not only could you all as a whole not beat any of these teams last year you wouldnt beat them this year. And you are not telling any of us something new saying we wouldnt beat Hillsboro, Maplewood, Whites Creek, and yes Tullahoma. I am not upset that you have something to cheer about this year, why would I be because so far if im not mistaken Harpeth is 2-1. So there you go put another stupid post up real quick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is just a ton of arrogance right there. You make it sound like the community as a whole put that goat in there yard. That is very dumb of you to say, and I dont remember saying John Olive is a bad coach, did I???? You make it sound like DCA, CPA, Goodpasture are just walks in the park. Not only could you all as a whole not beat any of these teams last year you wouldnt beat them this year. And you are not telling any of us something new saying we wouldnt beat Hillsboro, Maplewood, Whites Creek, and yes Tullahoma. I am not upset that you have something to cheer about this year, why would I be because so far if im not mistaken Harpeth is 2-1. So there you go put another stupid post up real quick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am just glad you get the picture now.....at least we see eye to eye!!!!!

How many of last years sophomores and juniors are this years juniors and seniors at HCHS? How many would you have lost if the school board had made everybody go where they were zoned? Those are 4A numbers for upperclassmen no matter how you slice it. The fact that you guys didn't fare very well in 4A doesn't change the numbers. I think Harpeth has 34 kids dressing out for football. 11 of those are freshmen. Some of those freshmen played alot of varsity minutes. Not excuses, just how it is for alot of rural public 2A schools. I think Hickman's upperclassman numbers are skewed and it will take a couple of years for things to even out. What part of that statement is false?