Tyner Rams vs SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

...Congrats to the S.Pitt Pirates for a hard fought win...you definitely made the plays during and at the end of the game to secure the victory...and while I am dissapointed in not getting the win, I am still proud of the way the "RAMS" came back with less than 30 seconds to play to make it an exciting finish...this was truly a playoff atmosphere and I hope both teams go a long way the rest of the season!!!

...ZP...the S. Pitt folks that I talked to prior to the game showed a lot of class and y'all have done an excellent job on Beene stadium...best wishes the rest of the way and this match-up at mid-season could be the start of a 'great' rivalry!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says, Congrats to SP & Tyner, both teams left it all on the field in one of the most enjoyable games OP has seen is a very long time. Tyner Rams, you guys are a tremendous team that never quit. OP and every football fan that witnessed the game gained respect for both teams. OP met some GV fans that made the trip to SP to watch the game. Guys, you're welcomed back anytime.

OP says, Good luck to Tyner the rest of the season. As for the Pirates, well just continue to work and stay focused.

OP doesn't believe the team as yet reached its full potential.

AGAIN, CONGRATS TO THE PIRATES ON A GREAT WIN

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the pirates on a hard fought win, they have a great team and there is no reason why they should not will it all in class A. Unfortunately for Tyner, the road just keeps getting tougher. Tyner still has Howard, McCallie and Boyd Buc left on the schedule (also Sequatchie and a team from North Carolina). The Rams could possibly finish the year below .500, due to their monster schedule but of course they have already clinched a playoff berth. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Man what a game! My hat is off to both teams. From the opening kick-off to the last whistle neither team quit. I tell you guys If I was a college scout I would be looking long and hard at #24 and # 2 for SP. these two can sure bring the wood. If the pirates play with the intensity they showed last night they will be tough to handle in 1A. ZP, I didn't get to make it to the pre-game thing didn't get off work in time but my brother and mother made it. They both were really impressed. First game my mother has been to a game since I played, don't think it will be her last. I would also like to

say the Tyner fans and the Tyner football team is a class act. Their band is something to see.

It was unreal. That was some of the hardest hitting I have seen in a game. And speed...players were flying around everywhere.

It's great that your Mom made it to the game and I'm glad they enjoyed the festivities. When you're down sometime let me know and I'll get you in to check out the weight room. I should have some more pictures up later today too. I saw Mike after the game and he said you were at the game. Give me a shout next time you make it to a game. Next week is homecoming against Whitwell.

You may be right about not facing another team but just like Tyner but we are pretty deep in a lot of spots and our second teamers are fast too which makes practice a little more realistic speedwise than some of our games. I think you will see that we also hit and play much bigger than 1A. I'm not sure you have faced a team quite like SP either (not talking better but different). We both play a similar offense and do some things defensively that mirror. It may be that practice has been the best place for both of us to prepare for each other. It should be a really good game for both teams

BTW, South Pittsburg's JR High (6-0) defeated Bledsoe MS (5-1) 22-0 at Bledsoe. We face them again in the SVC Championship game on 10/29 at Bledsoe. This season we have now scored 212 points while allowing 6 points and for the last 3 seasons we are 22-1.

Hey Zonepirate, Are there rules against monopolies?

I would like to again say how well the young lads on both teams performed. These type games are really fun to watch. I think it was a very festive atmosphere and look forward to seeing these teams play other teams later in the season. I definitely want to check out that South Pitt/Boyd game and I also want to see Tyner play Howard. Good luck to both teams next week.

First of all, Congratulations to both teams on a Great, I mean GREAT, ballgame tonight. Both teams played hard for 4 quarters and never quit.

For TYNER: Very big, very athletic, and very well coached. I new that Coach Turner would have a very well prepared and disciplined team ready for this game. I have seen him too many times. He always has his teams ready for their Friday night battles and this was no exception. #28 & #5 were very tough on offense. Defensively, I believe that #40 may have a future on Saturdays upcoming. He has the size and he was all over the field(including the backfield). GOOD LUCK to The RAMS throughout the rest of the season. Bring the State Title back for our region.

For SP: One of the best "Overall" games that I have seen you guys play. The O & D lines dominated(i thought) for the most part. # 75 must have had at least 6-7 pancake blocks against some good Ram lineman. # 52 played a tremendous game on the defensive side of the ball. Must have had at least 10-12 tackles. Defensively: I also thought that #6, #7, & #40 played above their normal games (which they need to do week in and week out). There were some very big defensive stops that stalled Tyner's drives throughout the game. None bigger than the 1st & Goal from the 6yd line that ended on 4th down with a fumble recovery for a touchback resulting from a big hit at the 1(I believe from #2). Offensively: #2 & #24 were almost unstoppable. I believe that each had over 150yds rushing tonight. #24 ran the ball very hard and showed a little of his own "speed" on a break-away run for a TD. #2 is just a joy to watch. He looks like a man among beasts(even against 2A TYNER). He is a load to bring down and packs a punch from the defensive side too! The QB for SP is as solid as I've ever seen. He never seems to get rattled in any situation. In all the games I have seen him play over the last 4 years, I have never seen him do 1 thing to cause his team to lose. He throws the ball etremely well(which sadly isn't seen because of the mighty running attack) and can run well when needed. 100% Winner / 100% Competitor. (1st person I'd pick to run my team....If I had one.)

OVERALL NEGATIVES:

A few things that I believe SP needs to improve to advance to their Final Destination(The Boro).....

1. Fumbles:

They must take care of the ball.

2 fumbles (I believe #24 had both)!!!!

Tyner could have one this game because of the last one.

2. The "Bomb":

Defensive backs cannot continue to allow the over-the-top throw.

I believe that we have had at least 4-5 this year.

3. Kicking Game:

The punting has been atrocious. There were 2 tonight that probably avg. 15-20 yds.

PAT's - # 15 has done fairly well in this category over the past year & half. MUST HAVES. I believe that the

kicker is taking too long between the snap and when he kicks. Too many near blocks.

(It might be time to search out that German student I heard you had in school)

4. Passing Game:

Almost non-existent tonight. I realize how good the ground game was, but if the passes are caught when

delivered on the money, imagine how much the defense would have to relax. Makes for an even

more effective ground game.

No Passing Game = Another 2nd or 3rd round exit against a team who can and WILL slow the run.

Evidence..........Look at the last 2-3 years.

5. Cramping:

I am not sure why players are still getting these leg cramps. Too late in the season for these.

I know that Grider has them in shape.

An answer and prevention plan needs to be found quickly!

ADDITIONAL OVERALL POSITIVES:

1. The heart and drive of this team seems to be its strongest asset. NEVER DIE!

2. The Coaching:

One of the best jobs I have witnessed from this staff in recent years.

A few questionable calls offensively in my opinion, but who am I to say???

The decision about the kick-offs was one of the smartest things I have seen in a while.

I hope that none of our competitors use this against our return teams.

I thought the tone was set with big hits on almost every KO. Almost no return each time.

#82 will be very sore in the morning. If #25 for SP took his head off 1 time he did it 5.

The PIRATES have alot to look forward to if they keep playing hard-nose football on both sides of the ball.... AND if they keep their intensity and drive to make it to the BORO.

WARNING: DON'T LET THIS BE YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP! YOU HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING YET!

KEEP WORKING HARD TOWARD YOUR GOAL AND BRING THE CHAMPIONSHIP BACK TO THE VALLEY!

First I would like to say congrats to South Pittsburg on a great win, I wish that the outcome had been different but, that's the way it goes. Second, as far as the cramping, 2 things contributed to that, it is my understanding that most of the playets for SP haven't played a whole game this year until last night and also it is a hydration thing. These boys have to understand that they have to PRE-HYDRATE, that means you can't wait until right before the game and try to hydrate, you have to start at least the day before. Over-all it was a really good game by players and officials and I am already looking forward to next year at our place.....good luck to SP the rest of the way.........

First I would like to say congrats to South Pittsburg on a great win, I wish that the outcome had been different but, that's the way it goes. Second, as far as the cramping, 2 things contributed to that, it is my understanding that most of the playets for SP haven't played a whole game this year until last night and also it is a hydration thing. These boys have to understand that they have to PRE-HYDRATE, that means you can't wait until right before the game and try to hydrate, you have to start at least the day before. Over-all it was a really good game by players and officials and I am already looking forward to next year at our place.....good luck to SP the rest of the way.........

better yet, just drink water. Its good for you

All I can say is WOW...what a game. This game had to be one on the best HS games I have ever seen. Tyner is a great team and without going to the gun we would not have beaten them. I'm glad Coach Grider added that this year. Both teams should be proud because they never game up and kept fighting back. I can't wait until next year.

RamFan I'm glad you enjoyed the trip and Thanks. Good luck to Tyner the rest of the way. I too would be happy to play Tyner every year along with Boyd

CONGRATULATIONS Pirates & Coaches!!

I love Marion County Football. I have a lot of friends in South Pitt and only hate them one day of the year. Including the wife I married from South Pitt. South Pitt wins this game and I hope they win it big. Tyner is big but South Pitt has more heart and are more disciplined. I hardly ever say this but, "Go Pirates" I'll be in Whitwell watching the big purple kill whitwell.

Wooooow!!! somebody actually said this? About th Rams? We may lack a lot of discipline (unfortunately) but one thing we have plenty of is heart...Case in point, the Knox-Fulton Game...And now that it's over, the South Pitt game...