Tyner Rams vs SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

I actually made it down for the game this past Friday.. I picked Coach Ditka up at the Marion County Airport before the game and rode down to see a barn burner... Coach Ditka was amazed at the speed for 2 smaller schools.. He was impressed with SP defense the most... He told me if SP continues to get better it will be rough for someone to beat them... However I have seen in he past SP has got the big head and then gets smacked around by someone so time will tell.... Oh yeah Great game atmosphere the Chilli Cheese toast with a slaw dog was very yummy...Good luck too both teans the rest of year...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I have seen in he past SP has got the big head and then gets smacked around by someone so time will tell.......

How many times must I repeat this: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! This Pirate team is destined to be one of the greatest, possibly the second best of all time. A perfect storm of a football team with no real competition left to rain on in the regular season. No weaknesses on this team including the kicking game. Its adequate and thats good enough. This team is mature enough not to be treated like fragil china on shaky shelving. They just won a game that will be talked about for decades. There leading Region 3 1A and after storming on Boyd next week they will be leading Region 3 2A as well. Bring on the competition...please.

Of course, the above opinions are my own and are not endorsed by or reflective of any Tennessee High School, public or private.

when u can hold tyner 3 X s in the red zone due to poor special teams and you hold tyner 4th and goal on the 1 yd line it seems to me that nobody can stop piit from winning a state championship BUT THE COACHES THEMSELVES!

KEEP THESE DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN THE GAME WE WANT ANOTHER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP LOOK AT THE FILM AND U WILL C WHO HELD THE RAMS 4TH AND GOAL!

[i THINK THE COACHES NEED TO LOOK AT THE FILM WHEN A PLAYER GOES OVER 60 YDS STAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD THIS IS A MENTAL LAPSE ON THE LINEBACKERS PART! AND I DON'T THINK IT WAS OUTSIDE BUT IF THAT PLAY HAPPENS IN 2ND OR 3RD ROUND PLAYOFFS ITS A REAL GOOD CHANCE OUR SEASON WILL BE OVER! WE NEED SMART PLAYERS IN THE GAME NOT JUST LUCKY AND ONE CAN PLAY AGAINST SLOW COMPETION IT SHOWED IN THE TYNER GAME SOMEBODY WAS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[i THINK THE COACHES NEED TO LOOK AT THE FILM WHEN A PLAYER GOES OVER 60 YDS STAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD THIS IS A MENTAL LAPSE ON THE LINEBACKERS PART! AND I DON'T THINK IT WAS OUTSIDE BUT IF THAT PLAY HAPPENS IN 2ND OR 3RD ROUND PLAYOFFS ITS A REAL GOOD CHANCE OUR SEASON WILL BE OVER! WE NEED SMART PLAYERS IN THE GAME NOT JUST LUCKY AND ONE CAN PLAY AGAINST SLOW COMPETION IT SHOWED IN THE TYNER GAME SOMEBODY WAS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That happened early and it got fixed. The kicking game (or lack of) is a bigger issue.

That happened early and it got fixed. The kicking game (or lack of) is a bigger issue.

Old Pirate says the kicking game or the lack of is the biggest weakness the pirates have. Thr punter has got to be more consistant. His 1st couple of punts were good and then it went down hill late giving Tyner a short field.

SP needs someone to work dailey with the kickers and OP is not talking about 5 minutes..................... kickers have to be developed like all other positions. OP says the kickers work less than "any" position player.