MBA vs. Ravenwood

TheBlender

fromtheTop2.....when did you vandalize the sled @ Ravenwood per rapbwood? Who is that guy? Did you kill Kennedy too? I believe my youngest would refer to him as a "tool"...is that a word?

Next thing you know he will be accusing the Pope. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about the Ravenwood-MBA game....

Much of MBA's success on offense this season can be attributed to those who toil in the trenches and who rarely receive any attention. MBA's O-line is definently not a big, fat, slow offensive line. LT Bailey (6'5" 315), LG Rolff (6'O" 260), C Lipscomb (6'2" 225) RG Adams (5'11" 240), RT Johnson (6'5" 235), and TE Sloan (6'4" 240) are an athletic bunch. Bailey, Lipscomb and Sloan play on MBA's varsity basketball team. Johnson is not a bad basketball player, either. I think both guards, Rolff and Adams, and Johnson are on the wrestling team. On top of that, if you're not accounting for the TE in the secondary, McGuigan's not shy about throwing to him to help keep the defense honest (witness the Hillsboro game).

On the defensive side, everyone knows about Bartholomew, but LB Alfonza Knight and S Jas Rader are bringing the wood on defense, too. D-tackles Scott Bubis (5'11 250) and Matt Ferrell (6'3" 250) are big, strong and quick off the ball. The ends, Dane Daniels and Trip DeMoss are tough, fast and contain well. MBA rotates a lot of players on defense to keep them fresh. The entire defensive unit plays fast, exhibit the fact that they held a quick and explosive Hillsboro (last year's 4A runner-up) offense to just 12 points.

Ravenwood will have difficulty matching up against MBA and will wear down in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised if MBA won by 21+.

I am sure your coach is watching film but watch out for the fakes. One of Rectors favorites things to do dating back to when TC was there is acting like they are going for it on fourth down but the QB is really just going to punt away and try to catch ya'll with no one to catch it. They are pretty masterful of drawing teams off sides to gain the first down too so watch out for that as well.

Let's talk about the Ravenwood-MBA game....

Much of MBA's success on offense this season can be attributed to those who toil in the trenches and who rarely receive any attention. MBA's O-line is definently not a big, fat, slow offensive line. LT Bailey (6'5" 315), LG Rolff (6'O" 260), C Lipscomb (6'2" 225) RG Adams (5'11" 240), RT Johnson (6'5" 235), and TE Sloan (6'4" 240) are an athletic bunch. Bailey, Lipscomb and Sloan play on MBA's varsity basketball team. Johnson is not a bad basketball player, either. I think both guards, Rolff and Adams, and Johnson are on the wrestling team. On top of that, if you're not accounting for the TE in the secondary, McGuigan's not shy about throwing to him to help keep the defense honest (witness the Hillsboro game).

On the defensive side, everyone knows about Bartholomew, but LB Alfonza Knight and S Jas Rader are bringing the wood on defense, too. D-tackles Scott Bubis (5'11 250) and Matt Ferrell (6'3" 250) are big, strong and quick off the ball. The ends, Dane Daniels and Trip DeMoss are tough, fast and contain well. MBA rotates a lot of players on defense to keep them fresh. The entire defensive unit plays fast, exhibit the fact that they held a quick and explosive Hillsboro (last year's 4A runner-up) offense to just 12 points.

Ravenwood will have difficulty matching up against MBA and will wear down in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised if MBA won by 21+.

you forgot about S Nathan Wade(hard hitter-probably the hardest) and CB Tee Stumb(leads team in interceptions)

you forgot about S Nathan Wade(hard hitter-probably the hardest) and CB Tee Stumb(leads team in interceptions)

OK, Ravenwood fans, I've given you some commentary on what MBA has shown this season. How about telling something about your team. What kind of defense do they run. What type of offense. Do they throw the ball. Who do they rely on to carry the mail. Which players, or units, do you feel will present MBA with match-up problems? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How were you able to beat a good Franklin team?

This comment is SO Ravenwoodlike. Do you have proof someone from Brentwood did this? Are you basing your accusations because of the fact Ravenwood started the vandalism first a couple of nights before the big win Brentwood had at your house.

Yes young feller, the evidence is at hand and conclusive of property damage while the painting of a couple of paw prints on a public street is very minor in comparison, yet it is vandalism and it shouldn't have happen. It reminds of four years back when this all started with Brentwood driving onto Ravenwood football field and tearing it up.

Brentwood High is paying for the current damage to the football equipment and facility repairs so it will end there I hope. It just leaves less money for Brentwood to spend on their equipment or facilities. Nobody wins when these things get out of hand. I hope you were not involved because fingerprints leave an identity as well as a white late model extended cab truck. We'll see once the police investigation is completed.

fromtheTop2.....when did you vandalize the sled @ Ravenwood per rapbwood? Who is that guy? Did you kill Kennedy too? I believe my youngest would refer to him as a "tool"...is that a word?

Dad1, Take a reading course, I didn't accuse FromtheTop2 of anything. Just questioning about dropping a hint.

Dropping a hint about the damage football equipment at Ravenwood this past weekend by persons associated with Brentwood High?

Yes young feller, the evidence is at hand and conclusive of property damage while the painting of a couple of paw prints on a public street is very minor in comparison, yet it is vandalism and it shouldn't have happen. It reminds of four years back when this all started with Brentwood driving onto Ravenwood football field and tearing it up.

Brentwood High is paying for the current damage to the football equipment and facility repairs so it will end there I hope. It just leaves less money for Brentwood to spend on their equipment or facilities. Nobody wins when these things get out of hand. I hope you were not involved because fingerprints leave an identity as well as a white late model extended cab truck. We'll see once the police investigation is completed.

I find it hard to believe Brentwood is paying for damage to Ravenwood. Your trying to say the police are dusting for prints on something that could have hundreds of prints. That makes no sense to me. Your saying the investigation is not completed but Brentwood has agreed to pay for damages. I find that hard to believe and am thinking you are blowing smoke here. Oh and by the way I don't think Brentwood will have any trouble buying any equipment we may need.

Are you for real???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes and you are not. You don't support any team, aggravate everyone else, and wouldn't know a football if it hit you in the head. You get on here a flap your youthful mouth by trying to pester people with childish post. Does your mother know what you are doing with your time on the computer?

I find it hard to believe Brentwood is paying for damage to Ravenwood. Your trying to say the police are dusting for prints on something that could have hundreds of prints. That makes no sense to me. Your saying the investigation is not completed but Brentwood has agreed to pay for damages. I find that hard to believe and am thinking you are blowing smoke here. Oh and by the way I don't think Brentwood will have any trouble buying any equipment we may need.

I guess you know little from a student view. Ravenwood administrator went to Brentwood last Friday to apologize and agreed to pay for painting the paws back to Brentwood colors on Murray Lane. Yet, no one was found from Ravenwood to commit such an foolish act. It is a common thing to do between schools to settle juvenile vandalism. To answer your second question, spray paint cans don't have hundreds of prints unless the paint was being passed around by multitude of students. I guess if the football program can sell enough of those $10 restaurant discount cards this year for fund raising, it could buy some equipment.

OK, Ravenwood fans, I've given you some commentary on what MBA has shown this season. How about telling something about your team. What kind of defense do they run. What type of offense. Do they throw the ball. Who do they rely on to carry the mail. Which players, or units, do you feel will present MBA with match-up problems? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How were you able to beat a good Franklin team?

Nathan Wade and Tee Stumb play for MBA

to clear up any misconceptions about my reference to "tough sledding":

I am, and was, unaware of any vandalism involving blocking sleds. I was merely using a well-worn phrase to expound on an important point, which went unanswered. I was also not involved in any vandalism. Those days are long past. Now, DAD1 is a different story. . .

Also, as far as any grassy knoll references, I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of a second gunman.

Nor do I think that the Pope, the Knights of Columbus, or any group with the word "Templar" was involved with these incidents. I did see black helicopters over Raptor practices a couple of times last week.

Vandalism of any sort is stupid, and the adage "you reap what you sow" and "waking sleeping dogs" comes into play.

To the game: It will be won in the trenches by a superior MBA team. RHS plays an unconventional defense in attempting to bring more than you can block on every play. If the O-line of MBA zone blocks on runs and creates time on pass plays, the Big Red will move the ball. RHS needs turnovers to shorten the field, and will need special teams to step up to make it a game. Where is the game being played?