MBA vs. Ravenwood

TheBlender

At first, having heard this score, I was flat out shocked...but then after hearing how this game played out I understand what happened to MBA. They got COCKY and thought the game was over. They put in second stringers and almost blew the game, giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter.

31-7 MBA 6 minutes left in 4th quarter.

Backups come in...Mba's back-up QB throws an interception and Ravenwood scores.

First onside kick...Ravenwood gets in it. They throw it deep..touchdown

Second onside kick...Ravenwood gets in it again...Touchdown

Mba gets the kickoff...drives it to Ravenwood's own 5. MBA QB takes a knee.

31-28 MBA wins

Huge mistake by the MBA Coaching staff to put in 2nd stringers, and then give Ravenwood any sort of confidence. MBA must learn from this and to never give up on a game or they will face loads of trouble in their upcoming games.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, having heard this score, I was flat out shocked...but then after hearing how this game played out I understand what happened to MBA. They got COCKY and thought the game was over. They put in second stringers and almost blew the game, giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter.

Congrats to Ravenwood for 6 outstanding minutes of football. Now if you can get the other teams to play their second strings and play 44 more minutes like that I would think you all could win state!! Good luck on that!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

31-28 MBA wins

Huge mistake by the MBA Coaching staff to put in 2nd stringers, and then give Ravenwood any sort of confidence. MBA must learn from this and to never give up on a game or they will face loads of trouble in their upcoming games.

How bright is the future for MBA football?

Time will tell, but the non-varsity teams are holding their own.

JV (2-0)

MBA 38, Goodpasture 0

MBA 26, Pearl-Cohn 0

Freshmen (5-0)

MBA 24, Independence 14

MBA 48, Cookeville 26

MBA 55, Columbia 20

MBA 28, Creek Wood 20

MBA 28, David Lipscomb 16

8th Grade (2-2)

MBA 8, Springfield Middle 22

MBA 8, Whithorne 26

MBA 6, BGA 0

MBA 20, Ensworth 0

7th Grade (4-3)

MBA 12, Coopertown Middle 14

MBA 16, Brentwood Middle 6

MBA 18, Holy Rosary 6

MBA 20, BGA 6

MBA 8, St. Edward's 6

MBA 6, St. Henry's 31

MBA 0, Smyrna Middle 38

QUOTE(Highschool101 @ Sep 29 2007 - 10:17 AM) *

Congrats to Ravenwood for 6 outstanding minutes of football. Now if you can get the other teams to play their second strings and play 44 more minutes like that I would think you all could win state!! Good luck on that!! roflol.gif

31-28 MBA wins

Huge mistake by the MBA Coaching staff to put in 2nd stringers, and then give Ravenwood any sort of confidence. MBA must learn from this and to never give up on a game or they will face loads of trouble in their upcoming games."

Don't you just love it when people that weren't at the game have such insight and depth of knowledge about what happened. MBA was clearly the better team on the night but Ravenwood kicked butt in the 4th quarter as well as the first series of the game. How many teams have you seen just give up when down by 24 points with 6 minutes to go. Don't care what you think about Ravenwood, the Raptors showed heart , determination, and character during that quarter. And no, MBA's 2nd team wasn't in the entire time. I also doubt, for instance, that MBA has a substitute kickoff return team. The starters came back in as soon as the coaching staff realized they might be in trouble. This was a good game and both teams left the field with their heads high. UofTfanatic should spend more time worrying about why the Vols can't beat SEC opponents and can barely beat teams like southern Miss and Ark. State. I guess his only release is to spend his (or her) time on HS football boards and comment on games she (or he) didn't see.

Again it sounds like Ravenwood played an incredible 6 minutes of football. Nobody said the second stringers were in the whole game. 31-7 with 6 minutes left is consistant with what was predicted. What coach wouldn't put second stringers in? We've all been at games where the second stringers almost gave the game away. Thank goodness it didn't happen this time.

As I stated in an earlier post, Williamson County has tons of athletes and excellent coaching. Hats off to Ravenwood for never thinking they were out of this game.

MBA,

the game lasts for 4 quarters. It sounds like you played well for 3 quarters; let's play four from here on out!!!

Roll Red

The MBA second string quarterback entered the game after the starter was injured. 15 (MBA starting quarterback) did re enter the game. MBA never replaced all their starters. Ravenwood's comeback was genuine. I was so proud of all those boys who played with so much heart!

Also want to compliment MBA players and coaches. After playing BA earlier in the season, even when we were down 28-0, their big names were still in the game. Guess they just had to run up their stats. The final play of the game by MBA, taking a knee, when really they could have attempted and probably succeeded in scoring, showed true sportsmanship. I would much rather see Ravenwood playing MBA in coming seasons than the cross town rival BA.

I'll be cheering on MBA against BA.