Maryville Tied with Baylor for 3rd in All-Time Wins

Rebel96

With Maryville's win last night and Baylor's loss, Maryville is now tied with Baylor for 3rd in All-Time Wins

All-Time Wins (Top 5)

1. Dobyns-Bennett: 694-207-28

2. Montgomery Bell Academy: 642-310-46

3. Baylor: 633-270-39

3. Maryville: 633-213-33

5. McCallie: 583-317-44

*Since the 1997 season MHS gained 93 games to date on Baylor. Next team in sight...MBA.

The data comes from: http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm

With Maryville's win last night and Baylor's loss, Maryville is now tied with Baylor for 3rd in All-Time Wins

All-Time Wins (Top 5)

1. Dobyns-Bennett: 694-207-28

2. Montgomery Bell Academy: 642-310-46

3. Baylor: 633-270-39

3. Maryville: 633-213-33

5. McCallie: 583-317-44

*Since the 1997 season MHS gained 93 games to date on Baylor. Next team in sight...MBA.

The data comes from: http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm

Notice since 1997....aka the public/private split. Still, congrates you have to play with the cards your delt and Maryville's played them well.

I don't think the public-private split matters at all in terms of this record. MHS has been playing football since 1927, so this is a culmination of the last 80 years. Historically Maryville has been a pretty solid team throughout the years. We've been state champs in the 60s, 70s, 90s, and now 2000s. Also, we haven't had a losing season since 1961. Not many teams, if any, can also claim that stat. Yes, the last 10 years have been good to us but that goes hand in hand with the arrival of George Quarles. Someday he will leave this program, but I guarantee another coach will continue the winning tradition at Maryville.

I don't think the public-private split matters at all in terms of this record. MHS has been playing football since 1927, so this is a culmination of the last 80 years. Historically Maryville has been a pretty solid team throughout the years. We've been state champs in the 60s, 70s, 90s, and now 2000s. Also, we haven't had a losing season since 1961. Not many teams, if any, can also claim that stat. Yes, the last 10 years have been good to us but that goes hand in hand with the arrival of George Quarles. Someday he will leave this program, but I guarantee another coach will continue the winning tradition at Maryville.

I don't think the split has helped Maryville win any games but I think mofo is implying that moving to Division II has made it more difficult for Baylor to win games having to play MBA, BA, MUS, CBHS, & Father Ryan each year.

The Huntingdon Mustangs have an all-time record of 547-262-15 as of this week of 10/5/07. Our complete records only go back to the 1930 season although Huntingdon has had a team since 1918 at the earliest we know of. There is a nice picture on the www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.html site of the Huntingdon team of 1918. Go to the site and scroll to the decade of 1930-1939 to see the photo. I've looked at this site many times and always enjoyed knowing other teams records and the teams they played.

Where would this record put the Mustangs on the all-time win list?

Do you know where Huntingdon might rank on the all-time wins list?

The programs ahead of Huntingdon are Dobyns-Bennett, MBA, Maryville, Baylor, McCallie, Knoxville Central, and Oak Ridge, which would make them 8th in Tennessee (see link below). If Huntingdon has been playing since at least 1918, there are a lot of potential wins there that could move them much higher.

There are some schools out there that no one has complete records for that could be in the mix as well. BGA, for example, has been playing for 100 or so years; I wouldn't be surprised if their win totals weren't in the 500s.

Partial List of Tennessee All-Time Records