TCA V.S. JCS

tcafootball30

yeah I think it will be a packed house...two local schools with fans that turn out...

I heard they were selling crow Friday night for any trash talkers who wanted it. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hey good idea...at a small private school like ours the booster club will sell anything they can make a dollar on...lol

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad to see so many poeple interested in the game. like i said before, im not trying to be rude or cocky, jcs has obviously been good in years past because we have never won a game against them. but i still think they got lucky last year and that we have a better team this year. i dont know why so many poele are getting upset either you believe your team is better or the other team is better. i know we have been working hard and we want to beat jcs and i think we will. i don't think they can be that lucky two years in a row...so you can make it sound however you want to...TCA will win friday night!

JCS got lucky when they beat us last year there is no way they would have beat us again we just were flat in that playoff game jcs struggled against gibson county last week, we beat the crap out of them what does that mean? the lions will dominate the eagles on friday night...it is OUR year!!

jcs defense is horrible you guys can't stop our run and our db's will be running picks to the house all night your o line can't even protect your qb...pitiful...our d line is going to have fun friday night. you may think i'm being cocky but i'm just stating the facts. jcs will lose against us and then they won't win another game until dresden...be glad you got lucky and won last year!

Smack talk like this is from someone who is immature and insecure, frankly.

I'm glad TCA has a good football team this year. I wish them the best in their class. JCS is the first State Champs in football in Jackson, and I hope (sincerely) to see other area schools enjoy the same incredible experience we had at JCS this past year. Remember, JCS gave God the honor and glory for what happened here, so don't expect us to engage in "luck" discussions about last year.

Congratulations to Westview for their success thus far. Now that's an awesome team.

p.s. JCS coaching staff and their ability to adjust to any opponent will favor JCS in this match-up.

so i guess im immature and insecure because i feel different than you! just because im not from jcs doesnt mean that im immature. you guys had a great time winning state im sure, but you got there on some lucky breaks, if we would have played you again things would have been different...im glad you know we have a good team, if you are at the game friday you will be able to see how good we are

so i guess im immature and insecure because i feel different than you! just because im not from jcs doesnt mean that im immature. you guys had a great time winning state im sure, but you got there on some lucky breaks, if we would have played you again things would have been different...im glad you know we have a good team, if you are at the game friday you will be able to see how good we are

I rest my case. Child-like behavior (immaturity) and exaggerated bragging (insecurity) are the things at issue with you. Not whether you have a different opinion. A lot of people have a different opinion here on these boards, but they don't act like you act.

I'm beginning to think this person isn't a TCA player or fan. . .just someone trying to make TCA look horrible.

Smack talk like this is from someone who is immature and insecure, frankly.

JCS is the first State Champs in football in Jackson,

Ummm...not to get off topic, but that statement is not true. JCS is NOT the first football team from Jackson to state champions. Sorry if that burst a bubble of yours. It doesn`t take away from their great season, but give credit where credit is due.

VG

Ummm...not to get off topic, but that statement is not true. JCS is NOT the first football team from Jackson to state champions. Sorry if that burst a bubble of yours. It doesn`t take away from their great season, but give credit where credit is due.

VG

Didn't we exhaust this subject last year? OK, from the time they instituted the playoff system . . . .

JCS didn't make that claim initially. . . only after it was published in the Jackson Sun.

Didn't we exhaust this subject last year? OK, from the time they instituted the playoff system . . . .

JCS didn't make that claim initially. . . only after it was published in the Jackson Sun.

Yes the Sun originally said it. Then they realized they were wrong and corrected it. I`m wondering why you were still trying to make that claim? (especially since you knew it wasn`t true)

Apparently we didn`t "exhaust" it enough. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For those that don`t know Jackson High won 2 state championships in football.

VolGen,

I honestly didn't know Jackson High had won two state titles...I, like OBWON first heard it in the Sun and I guess I missed it when they retracted it and when it was discussed on here...but I usually only post during football season and then take the rest of the year off so it may have happened while I was in hibernation...I actually heard a radio station mention that ours was the first title again this season, they may have been playing off of the Sun's inital report...in any event, last year was an incredible year...

Yes the Sun originally said it. Then they realized they were wrong and corrected it. I`m wondering why you were still trying to make that claim? (especially since you knew it wasn`t true)

Apparently we didn`t "exhaust" it enough. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For those that don`t know Jackson High won 2 state championships in football.

The point of my statement about being the first (if you reread it) was to say that we hope there are many more state championships for Jackson. What is good for Jackson is good for all of us individually.

I'm curious why you are so offended by the statement. Were you part of the Jackson High School program back then? I certainly don't want to take anything away from those teams.

I never read a "retraction" from the Sun either. I do know they rephrased their statement to say that this is the first state championship in football since the TSSAA instituted the play-off system. Also, I do know that it is not the first time the Jackson Sun referred to a team attaining the first state championship. In past years when a Jackson area team was playing deep into the playoffs they would refer to whether Jackson would see their first state championship this year or not. My feeling is that under the current TSSAA system of play-offs, to go 35-40 years without a state championship, and then finally you bring one home. . .that is certainly newsworthy. And a great claim for the victor. Sorry, but it is.

VolGen,

It was never JCS intent to take anything away from the success of previous teams from Jackson High...if our repeating of the Sun statement did so I apologize for the JCS family...we were excited about our win and I can understand that any teams previous who accomplished the same would be just as excited...Like OBWON I hope many gold balls are brought back to town by any school who can do so...Jackson has a rich heritage of sports excellence and I would love it to be known statewide...I think it would be perfect to have gold balls brought home in all 4 of the five classes represented by Jackson schools...