TCA V.S. JCS

tcafootball30

JCS got lucky when they beat us last year there is no way they would have beat us again we just were flat in that playoff game jcs struggled against gibson county last week, we beat the crap out of them what does that mean? the lions will dominate the eagles on friday night...it is OUR year!!

jcs defense is horrible you guys can't stop our run and our db's will be running picks to the house all night your o line can't even protect your qb...pitiful...our d line is going to have fun friday night. you may think i'm being cocky but i'm just stating the facts. jcs will lose against us and then they won't win another game until dresden...be glad you got lucky and won last year!

Sounds pretty opinionative to me!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Sun originally said it. Then they realized they were wrong and corrected it. I`m wondering why you were still trying to make that claim? (especially since you knew it wasn`t true)

Apparently we didn`t "exhaust" it enough. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For those that don`t know Jackson High won 2 state championships in football.

Actually, they won three depending on who you talk to and what polls you went by way back in the day. However, JCS is the first school in Jackson / Madison County to ever win a state football championship on the field. The titles won by Jackson High were awarded by pollsters and are thus mythical. That does not diminish the accomplishments of those teams because that was the system in place at that time.

Well I didn`t mean for this to get off topic from the game, but I`ll say this to OBWON and JaxMan. Retraction from the Sun was not the correct word I should have used. Rephrasing would better describe it. I had no part in the Jackson High teams that were named state champions, but I am familiar with the history.

OBWON, I`m not trying to take away anything that JCS accomplished last year and I agree with you in that I hope any team from Jackson can experience the same thing. I`m proud of any team from Jackson that can win a state championship. And being a Jackson resident I want Jackson to get all the credit it deserves. So when someone says JCS was the first state football champion from Jackson then folks who read that will come away thinking Jackson has only won one state championship ever.

I know you are proud and should be, but your comment slighted the city of Jackson. I have no problem with saying "the first state champion in football from Jackson since the playoffs were started" or " The first state football champion from Jackson in 50 some odd years". Like I said, the Jackson High championships were way before my time, but as a Jackson resident I`m equally as proud of those Golden Bear teams as I am the one from JCS.

Reitzfan...You are correct about the way state champions were recognized before the playoffs. The TSSAA records gives Jackson High credit for 2 championships. However they did it back then was different from the way they do it now, but since the TSSAA is the governing body for TN high school sports that`s good enough for me.

Who knows...it might be another 50 years until Jackson wins another. I won`t be around and JCS may not even be around 50 years from now, but I would hope that someone will remember and give credit to That JCS team from 2006 like I`m doing for the old Jackson High teams. I don`t know if I was the only one who called the Sun last year when they said JCS was first team from Jackson to win one, but I did call to let them know about the old Jackson High teams. The next day they did rephrase it. The Sun gets reporters who may not have grown up around here and don`t know all the local history. I just don`t want folks to rewrite history. Again..I`m not trying to take anything away from JCS. They earned their state championship, And even though they won it under a different system than what is used today, Jackson High earned it under the system that was used back then.

Now back to JCS/TCA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Actually, they won three depending on who you talk to and what polls you went by way back in the day. However, JCS is the first school in Jackson / Madison County to ever win a state football championship on the field. The titles won by Jackson High were awarded by pollsters and are thus mythical. That does not diminish the accomplishments of those teams because that was the system in place at that time.

That's like saying that D1 football championships shouldn't count as national championships...

VolGen,

I agree that any format used by TSSAA is offical...and my hats off to the Golden Bears for their two titles...and again I apologize for my ignorance on the subject...but I grew up in Covington (Go Chargers) and my only knowledge of Jackson Football was that JCM drilled us every year...lol

JCS got lucky when they beat us last year there is no way they would have beat us again we just were flat in that playoff game jcs struggled against gibson county last week, we beat the crap out of them what does that mean? the lions will dominate the eagles on friday night...it is OUR year!!

jcs defense is horrible you guys can't stop our run and our db's will be running picks to the house all night your o line can't even protect your qb...pitiful...our d line is going to have fun friday night. you may think i'm being cocky but i'm just stating the facts. jcs will lose against us and then they won't win another game until dresden...be glad you got lucky and won last year!

wow getting a little full of ourselves aren't we. TCA did play a great game against us last year, but about two weeks after our victory against you all we had a change of thought about our purpose for last season. I think that if we had played you all in the playoffs we would have won. This year is a lot different from last year, our strengths last year are in some cases are weaknesses this year and vice versa. I think that the reason we didn't beat Gibson County by as much as you all did is because when we get a big lead we tend to slack off a little bit ie. Fayette Academy. I think that we will win. It is a home game and i think it will be close.

Prediction:

JCS- 41

TCA- 35

How bad will TCA beat JCS Friday night?

The question isn't if we will we, it is by how much?

TCA - 42

JCS - 3

They can't stop us!

I keep hitting the mute button....but he just keeps talking. Isn't great how we can all be good CHRISTIAN friends. I know that all TCA people aren't this annoying...can we hear from some of those people that aren't nearly as annoying. In the words of a JCS teacher...let them play it out on the field

It seems like Lionfootball sounds like a student at JCS or if i dare say a coach by the posts he or she is posting. That is called bulletin board material to get their team motivated. But if it works i see no problem

I could see maybe a student doing something stupid like this....but a coach???? I think it is someone from TCA trying to smart off...and in his own words....your in for a rude awakening.

Wow you really think it will be that high a score? I know that both teams defences are better than that. In most rivalries the team who plays better defence will win. This game is going to be great. The team whos line plays better will win IMO. Good luck to both teams.

I think that both JCS and TCA have great offenses and there Defenses....well......i think it will be a high scoring game. It is going to be rocking Friday night...cant wait