Cascade vs. M.T.C.S.

FridayMainEvent

Pick the Winner  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

I think that is the main problem here. 99% of the Cascade threads that have contained any "DRAMA" over the past year is initialized from you guys. If Cascade people have been coming to your threads and stirring stuff up, I apologize. I wouldn't know since I've never even looked at the section of CoachT dedicated to Class 4 and 5A. I can say without a doubt the majority of the regular Cascade fans who frequent this website could do without the "Drama". Maybe we can come to some type of truce and agree to let bygones be bygones. I personally will promise you that you'll never see me on a Shelbyville thread and in exchange I'd appreciate you staying off our threads. (I'm including all past troublemakers!) If this doesn't work, I guess we regulars will just have to increase or "ignore" list and you'll eventually go away anyway. Like you said, without "DRAMA" you have no reason to be here anyway.

Your horse feathers sure do get ruffled easy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your horse feathers sure do get ruffled easy

Your an idiot, u make no sense at all. Were on here talking about our game. NO one cares what u think we just stick up for our kids and our program when it is being bashed. If you cared about your program as much as we do i know you would do the same. Get on your thread and if you want to start drama start it there. Have a nice day. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would take that bet any day seeing as MTCS's #5 is AVERAGING nothing less then 42 yards per punt, and atleast 10 punt attempts, with a long of 65 /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

Oh and thats just in games, in just a competition, well this kid played goalie for a number of years and has a VERY strong leg. He's also one of the best sweepers in Soccer in the NATION. So yeah athletic wise, I'll be willing to put money on #5 in Orange and White. Also this is funny because this is his first year playing football and hes a starter. I can't even imagine how good of a Kicker/Punter he would be if he had played even 1 more year, hes already looking at Soccer scholarships, so what is your guy looking at? Walking on to MTSU or something? =)

WOW, went from field goals to punts

Its funny because I go to Smyrna I just happen to know a few folks from MTCS. The real number 5, and a REAL number 5 would be Rodriguez Wilkes from my High School, you may have heard of him? Oh maybe you can watch some highlights of what you WISH your players could be like, here I'll link you:

http://www.storkmontgomery.com/RodriguezWilks.aspx

There, you can relax and take notes. And may I point out, 62 yard field goals STRAIGHT ON are not impossible to hit for my #5 from MTCS, he can actually hit them as well, how about some difficult kicks from the hash marks along with 40+yd length. No, I didn't exaggerate his national skills, ask him, ask his sponsored select soccer coach. He's a beast at Soccer as well as a nice Kicker. By the way, he didn't play soccer for the school due to his own personal reasons, if you don't believe me, well tough for you, because I talk to him every day pretty much. He has played select since he was around 12 ATLEAST as well as gone to Nationals and such STARTING on his soccer teams (including indoor). This year he says he will be playing for his school so why don't all of you Cascade "So proud of your 1A (lowest division of talent basically) football team" go watch him play since apparently your friend bjsdog goes to all sporting events!

Oh and BabiesAndMemories, your proving as a great character, knocking down kids on a web site that is supposed to promote high school sports. Good job man! Your doing great! I hope you have children and your children get called cry-babies and such by strangers they don't even know =) Way to go, your really a great person! =)

This is the last time I'll waste my time on this 1A football board, nothing but below average talent for the most part, and boring football. Maybe ya'll can make it up to Murfreesboro to stay and see what some real high school football is like!

WOW well said...and aren't we full of ourselves

I dont really have much of a reply to your statement or opinion because in fact it is your opinion. I do not see though why it is a problem how he writes what he does about cascade a bad thing. Shelbyville has Gary Johnson, Unionville has Jimmy Jones, and Cascade has Danny parker as their team reporters. What is the problem here? With your statement about one of his articles " One mans trash, is another man's treasure" I will certainly assume you are a Shelbyville fan. Nothing wrong with rooting for your team but how he writes about Cascade is of no concern to you. You dont have to read his article. if he has too much "heart" in his stories then I dont see a problem?? Why would having heart and close ties have anything to do with how he writes. For many many many many years the sports page was entirely consumed by Shelbyville athletics. cascade would have a small article from Mr. Melson and that would be about it. I am sure he has had no problem writing stories when they are struggling as well as winning. This has gotten way out of hand and is stupid to be honest. If you have a problem with Mr. Parker's writing skills email him and I am sure he would be more than happy to discuss this issue with you as well. As for your ties with Shelbyville congrats on winning your second game seriously, but do everyone a favor and worry about your team. we are nto going over and bashing anyone associated with your team on your threads.

Don't know the man or his work but it sounds like the inference is that he is not a true reporter, unbias and factual, but because he is so loyal to the team he is actually an editorial or opinion writer. The example cited here "Ones Mans Trash is Another mans Treasure" apparently about Shelbyville sounds like an opinion piece.

Don't know the man or his work but it sounds like the inference is that he is not a true reporter, unbias and factual, but because he is so loyal to the team he is actually an editorial or opinion writer. The example cited here "Ones Mans Trash is Another mans Treasure" apparently about Shelbyville sounds like an opinion piece.

Sounds like a quote to me.

Didn't that guy cover Cascade football when they went 4-6 and didn't make the playoffs? I think that was a down year. Didn't even go to a bowl game. That was the first year he covered them I think. Go back and see if his "experience" was good enough to write anything of substance that year. Did he just write like 45 words when they lost? What about when they were blown out in week 10 and in the playoffs last year? Those couldn't have been easy stories to write.

Not sure if some of you guys have any concept of a small town newspaper. What if the editor routinely bashed his/her local schools? Would coaches talk to him/her? Would people still subscribe? How much crap would he get if he investigated recruiting of high school athletes in that county or did stories on kids and why they transferred? And I'm sure there are student-athletes somewhere getting into trouble doing something? My point is that the Shelbyville paper is not the NY Times or a tabloid. They can't get away with covering what some consider "real news." I am sure Johnson's house would be burnt to the ground if he called a coach out for recruiting a player to Shelbyville, which is the school he covers from what I understand. That paper makes its money out of making scrapbook material, not taking "heart" out of its stories but rather putting it in. Average paper with average employees? Come on. You really think Peter Gammons is going to move to the Horse City from Boston to cover the Golden Eagles? How much money can a reporter make to give up every Friday night to go cover football or basketball after covering Liberty the night before after covering youth softball the night before that?

All the schools there have their own reporter. How many schools can say that? Brentwood Academy? No. Goodpasture? No. Forrest? No. MTCS? No. Go ask any coach or AD in your county about what they think of their local paper and there's your answer. Tell me what Thomas and Burkey think. Don't they coach basketball there? Isn't that the sport there? Go to Eagleville, Lynchburg, Chapel Hill or Lewisburg and ask them if they would have any interest in getting HALF the coverage Shelbyville, Cascade or Community gets? Better yet, ask to see the refrigerators or classrooms of your county's athletes. See if there isn't something taped or tacked onto them. See if anybody talks to these guys when they walk into a gym or onto a field? Do kids stare all upset off or do they make a joke and smile? Those would be better sticks of measure rather than a coacht poster who created a profile 43 minutes ago and said dude was an idiot.

I guess you MTCS fans haven't heard. Dont be bragging on your punter too much or he will mysteriously transfer to Cascade in the middle of his junior year.

In another post you state that Cascade is one of your teams. But, this comment is obviously a cheap shot at Cascade and Nick Batts. You need to leave the Nick Batts situation alone. All of you in town need to. So does everyone at Cascade. Nick is gone and he is not coming back. Nick will probably never play a snap of varsity football at Cascade, but he will be eligible after Jan 1 to play basketball and baseball. And, I am afraid, that nothing can be done to change any of these opinions from becoming fact.

I know exactly why Nick came to Cascade. I bet you do not have a clue as to the real reasons. I am sure you will say you do; but, if you really did know why, then you would not take cheap shots like this. I know all of you in town have been told that he left because either 1) he was tired of losing, or, 2) he was close to Coach Carkuff and Coach talked him into coming over, or, 3) he didn't like the new coaching staff at Shelbyville. I have heard all these at one time or another from my friends in town. While the 3rd reason is actually a true statement, athletics had very little to do with Nick's transfer. You, as an obvious Shelbyville fan first and foremost, will never allow yourself to believe the truth about Nick. So, please just let it go and leave Nick alone. He is the only person that has been hurt by this situation and he does not deserve the treatment he has received from most in Shelbyville (not saying you have said anything bad about him, but many in town have and you know that is true).

To all the Central and Cascade fans, why do we always have to be arguing with each other? The facts are, we do not, nor will we ever, play one another. We will never be in the same region or district. Nothing Cascade does really affects Central. Nothing Central does really affects Cascade. As Murfreesboro continues to grow uncontrollably into northern and eastern Bedford Co, Cascade will continue to grow, but I doubt it will ever be the size of Central. Shelbyville Central has a long and rich heritage in athletics and academics to be proud of, but is it too much to ask that "little ole" Cascade be allowed to be successful in its own right? Nothing Cascade will ever do will take away from Central's legacy. Why can't Shelbyville be proud of the successes of Cascade, and Cascade be proud of the successes of Central? I really don't understand.