Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

the rebuilding process at elizabethton is just getting started. not sure of the exact numbers but from what i hear DB is a little bigger school than Elizabethton. may give them a few advantages. i'm not looking for much from this game and don't believe the score will say much about either school or the kids playing for either school. good luck to both teams.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betsy is not a good game to see if you are really back. Be carefull or they will feed the ego. DB 42 - Betsy7.

I don't know how good they are,but the only difference in our play last night was a little bit weaker team on the other side, then in the games we lost. Making big plays next week and last night are a lot harder against OR.Let's win the games we should and not forget where we need to get by playoff time.

I don't know how good they are,but the only difference in our play last night was a little bit weaker team on the other side, then in the games we lost. Making big plays next week and last night are a lot harder against OR.Let's win the games we should and not forget where we need to get by playoff time.

Excellent comment and prioritizing. Play well against cowtown.

db will win by at least 14 points, probably more. But this is no gauge of how the team will fare. The tribe will be lucky if they make the playoffs this year. Oh well, that's about as good as exitting after the first round, plus it saves on gas you can use for basketball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Excellent comment and prioritizing. Play well against cowtown.

Thanks,I'm just worried that if we run like Hogg did against Tennessee High or Tayor did friday,we will be talking about how great our running backs are.The next thing you will hear on the radio and by the fans is our running backs are the best thing since penut butter and who needs the pass.I don't care who is running the ball,when teams like WB stack up for the run,we have to pitch and catch.I thought the game at WB was a good one for the offense except for not being able to make a lot of catches that we should have.Special teams are another big problem that I thought we might be real good at because of the kickoff returns.We did get a punt block against Jc,but we let them recover a kickoff on us as well. We are just as likely to hit the punter as block his kick.I hate to even bring up what our punt return team has cost us this year.Can we please,please,please get away from the ball if it is near our on goal line.

Thanks,I'm just worried that if we run like Hogg did against Tennessee High or Tayor did friday,we will be talking about how great our running backs are.The next thing you will hear on the radio and by the fans is our running backs are the best thing since penut butter and who needs the pass.I don't care who is running the ball,when teams like WB stack up for the run,we have to pitch and catch.I thought the game at WB was a good one for the offense except for not being able to make a lot of catches that we should have.Special teams are another big problem that I thought we might be real good at because of the kickoff returns.We did get a punt block against Jc,but we let them recover a kickoff on us as well. We are just as likely to hit the punter as block his kick.I hate to even bring up what our punt return team has cost us this year.Can we please,please,please get away from the ball if it is near our on goal line.

Good point on the special teams! Our sprcial teams have turned around 2 games that if we don't fumble and score we may win the game. If we are punted to inside the red zone, we need to clear out. If we play a team that stacks against the run and we are in the "I" or power "I" we can still push forward and then the pass will open. We have 2 strong FB's that can help on the short runs. Now if we run under the center against WB they would not have stopped the short game. Just like against JC on 3rd and 2 we had Lawson in at back and we lined up in the shotgun and run a screen to him and it failed. The way the run was pushing, we should have went with him up the gut. Again, I think this was a poor play selection from the staff!

DBdad, you are right on. If some of the DB fans can get past their record I think they will notice that GC is bringing DB along nicely. DB with a different type of squad than they have had recently and the team has been tempered in fire this year early on. Take note of SHHS and GHS with new coaches. Every one thought how over rated the coaches were, but their systems are kicking in. Clark is not the new kid, but the type of team he has is new to him and DB, so I believe it is not a stretch to compare the work in front of with McCurry and Smith. It does not take a FB historian to remember a 5 & 5 Sevier County team winning a state ring or Maryville in 98 or 99 going 6 and 4 and winning out as well. Good luck and I wish GC to have thick skin.

Good point on the special teams! Our sprcial teams have turned around 2 games that if we don't fumble and score we may win the game. If we are punted to inside the red zone, we need to clear out. If we play a team that stacks against the run and we are in the "I" or power "I" we can still push forward and then the pass will open. We have 2 strong FB's that can help on the short runs. Now if we run under the center against WB they would not have stopped the short game. Just like against JC on 3rd and 2 we had Lawson in at back and we lined up in the shotgun and run a screen to him and it failed. The way the run was pushing, we should have went with him up the gut. Again, I think this was a poor play selection from the staff!

I agree on the fullback. You need a Lawson type of player in front of you best running back,I said that before the season ever started. The best back on our team is 33.He may be playing at fullback,but he should be the tailback. None of the other backs run hard and hold on to the ball.They do one or the other.33{Taylor} is very fast as well.Let some of the other backs have some great runs against some lesser teams and go away from the pass.If this happens,we will be ''done '' come playoff time. If you want to talk running backs,I thought number 30 looked very good during the forth quarter.I don't know if he has been hurt or what , some body said they thought he was a junior or maybe even a senior.I had not seen him this year.That's what I've been talking about, when it comes to our special teams.We have kids that can run and hit,but we play the only names we can remember on every down.Let the kids that are good athletes and don't get to play,go in on special teams. Keep using your depth chart as we did at JC,but go deeper when the game is out of reach.What if a good lineman or 7,10,33,15,2,24 get hurt when the game is allready ours? Look at how good 30 ran the ball and tell me we don't have kids that can help.

If we stay behind the center and continue to use trhe running game up the middle we will open the pass game up. If we do this the previous 3 losses DB is 4-1 at the least. I like hard nose football and when the 2 FB lead the game in rushing that is HARD NOSE!!

I disagree about the 4 and 1 record. Those teams knew we were no threat to pass the ball so they put 7 and 8 men on the line to stop the run. It's the two dimensional threat that has opened up the running game.