Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

I agree,I've seen some bad calls and spots all year,but those guys make hundreds of decisions during a single game, and are going to mess up. The TSSAA has checks and balances as everyone should know.If a ref has brought up a red light with his calls,you better know someone over him is watching the game film and watching him even closer the next time he doe's a game.

If you want to see some poor officiating venture across the state line. And I'm not talking about for a cigarette run!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CS will turn 19 in November of his senior year. TSSAA states no player can turn 19 before August 1st.

GC knows the TSSAA rules, besides you think this is the first time there is an age issue. PS they have always had a couple of "oldies" on the team and this year is no different. Everybody thinks Gate City originated it but you need to look at the early DB teams before they had a TSSAA.

GC knows the TSSAA rules, besides you think this is the first time there is an age issue. PS they have always had a couple of "oldies" on the team and this year is no different. Everybody thinks Gate City originated it but you need to look at the early DB teams before they had a TSSAA.

Gate City just perfected it.

Roll Tribe Roll

40-14 DB Elizabethton scored twice on the 2nd team and DB's 3rd team scored as well. DB found a new weapon in freshman Chris Sensabaugh with 10 carries and 150 yards (3 TDs) by early in the 3rd quarter. Get ready for 4 years of this guy.

Roll Tribe!

For those of you who said 32 was a full back and could not run like a half back, I think you can eat those words now. Talking about 4 years, wait until next year with 7 under the center and 45 leading the hole with 32 running wild. Next year you will have 3 threats in those guys. It's about time we saw a couple of the backs run up field. We all know that the Cyclones are rebuilding but we are starting to run the ball like DB can. We still need to work on the pass, but it's hard to do that when we realy don't have a true go to reciever. #10 helps, but I would still like to see him under the center. I said DB by 21, and I also said watch what happens in the playoffs!!!! If a team shuts us completely down on the ground we will struggle.I liked what I saw tonight, again hats off to the D, way to go 65, that's the way to punish the O. Talk about the backs hitting the hole, 65 knows how to slobberknock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Justin is not %100 then why play him tonight??? Hey GC, "100 strong"? Go to the bench and play other 100 kids. If DB has any dreams of success in the playoffs they will need every starter %100. Will GC stay under center or go back to the shot gun to prove to K-town he knows what he is doing and is right? Stick to under center, play 45 at fullback, run 3 fresh tailbacks LT, RH, and CS (let JS recover). Occasional run the shotgun to keep Betsy thinking. On D keep bringing in fresh legs from the 100 and this will be a game like old times. The only question will be which car tonight will be the most expensive ride in HC. Run the shotgun the entire game and it could stay close if DB makes mistakes. Betsy, no peeking at the HC court!

Good prognosis, We still have some kids in late that should not be in there. I like the quote on keeping 3 fresh backs in the game and letting the big FB lead the way. 33 has good speed and can run in the open. Use 45 more to get the good blocks and let the fresh legs get up field. Get some of the other kids in the game earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been told that Chris is well within the age range to play all four years.If you see this kid run,you will know that he has plenty of speed.I've seen him run the bases during the summer for years,and there are very few kids that can move around the bases like he can.That's what I don't understand when you talk about his lack of speed. I still say 45 is your fullback next year and bring chris along as a halfback.Just watch how he can pick an opening and hit the hole. People forget that Hogg was our star runner early on,but he has had trouble holding onto the ball.Sylvester for whatever reason,just hasn't had his normal great year.I know he was hurt early on,but he not running as hard on offense,but at the same time he is making great plays all over the defensive field.If Hogg had not had his bad luck holding onto the ball and Sylvester was making great runs,we might not have seen Sensabaugh for a few more weeks.If I were coach Clark and thought that the water boy would help us get to and win playoff games,I'd tell the water boys mom that [ fooootball ain't the devil ]and we will cook her some swamp food if he can play.

Pudding,did you see the game.Chris is a halfback with speed and power. I still have to remember my own words,if we go away from the pass,forget a playoff run.I don't care how good we look on the run,and we did look great.These teams are not WB,OR and so on. Glad to see coach use the bench,I know some of those kids will be so happy this weekend .I was really glad the big guy got in,he has earned it .Great game,Roll Tribe

Pudding,did you see the game.Chris is a halfback with speed and power. I still have to remember my own words,if we go away from the pass,forget a playoff run.I don't care how good we look on the run,and we did look great.These teams are not WB,OR and so on. Glad to see coach use the bench,I know some of those kids will be so happy this weekend .I was really glad the big guy got in,he has earned it .Great game,Roll Tribe

I have disagreed with you before and will again...did you even witness the DB playoff losses the last 2 years? Passing wasn't the issue(Couldn't ask for more out of Bo, Coty, Throp, etc)...but when the WB game became a grind DB couldn't run against a bigger team from Region2 (Ooltewah in '05 as well) and got a quick sideline seat to the rest of the playoffs. We had NO problems last year with the passing game but most teams that are going places in the playoffs can run the ball...just check out the last few years.

I have disagreed with you before and will again...did you even witness the DB playoff losses the last 2 years? Passing wasn't the issue(Couldn't ask for more out of Bo, Coty, Throp, etc)...but when the WB game became a grind DB couldn't run against a bigger team from Region2 (Ooltewah in '05 as well) and got a quick sideline seat to the rest of the playoffs. We had NO problems last year with the passing game but most teams that are going places in the playoffs can run the ball...just check out the last few years.

Read your own post.The last two years we had no problems with the pass.OK,This year we do.We are still missing guys and turning the ball over,way to much.We could have walked away from WB with a win,had we been able to make some catches.I do agree that we should have took one of the big guys and plowed over at the goal line last year.Yes,you have to be able to run.If you can't pass and they stack 8 and 9 at the line,then guess what. I'll tell you what,OR and WB will beat you because you ran two times an had a incomplete pass,punted the ball 30 yards and they punt it 40 or 50.It don't add up.