Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

Come on guys, game management and production are the same thing...when the receivers have caught passes and we can get the defense out of the box, this offense has been, can be, and will be successful...

Ring runs the option well, makes good decisions, has guts, and throws the ball pretty well...would look real good percentage wise if passes that should have been caught were...but sometimes that happens...

Which QB has D-B had that has been perfect?...Burton, Ferguson, Kerns, Wagner, Butler, and many others were outstanding QBs, but sometimes they made mistakes...sometimes their passes were overthrown, dropped, and even intercepted...

How good would Betsy's offense be if Dale Fair was ay running back and their QB hit Fuqua in stride every time?...

I appreciate and respect your opinions, but for me it is beyond time to get off the kids and get behind them...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, game management and production are the same thing...when the receivers have caught passes and we can get the defense out of the box, this offense has been, can be, and will be successful...

Ring runs the option well, makes good decisions, has guts, and throws the ball pretty well...would look real good percentage wise if passes that should have been caught were...but sometimes that happens...

Which QB has D-B had that has been perfect?...Burton, Ferguson, Kerns, Wagner, Butler, and many others were outstanding QBs, but sometimes they made mistakes...sometimes their passes were overthrown, dropped, and even intercepted...

How good would Betsy's offense be if Dale Fair was ay running back and their QB hit Fuqua in stride every time?...

I appreciate and respect your opinions, but for me it is beyond time to get off the kids and get behind them...

Roll Tribe Roll

I am glad to see another positive statement. Kids will make mistakes, this will happen at the next level, I think we are going the right way because our coaching staff has somewhat went back to the basics. We still need to work on our special teams! Again, it has been said by GC that this team has heart, wait until the playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Now that you have cleared that up,maybe what we need is little skunk #20 out there catching them balls that are over receivers heads or not even catchable.I haven,t seen him much since the THS game.I tkink we have plenty of receivers who have,and can catch it that have playing.If you are watching the game at all and not writing a sports summary.you would agree.Not trying to down any player just making a reply to the crap that GC puts in the paper every week about how great a player is doing when it is medicore.We have got to stop making basic mistakes at critical times.Beating up on a 3A team is't going to help you down the road,it might feed the ego.Time will tell.

Gosh, with your attitude Plowboy, maybe you should write a summary...but then you have to man up and put your name on it...the passes I referred to were the ones that should have been caught, not the bad passes...the passes that were dropped, for example the eight dropped passes at WM. Blount; had those been caught it might have made a difference in the Indians offensive effectiveness...didn't drop any against Jefferson County and the offense had good balance and was effective...is there a D-B QB that I should have seen that was perfect?...and now you are are "not trying to down" two players...we may have to get Coach Gundy after you...

Roll Tribe Roll

Gosh, with your attitude Plowboy, maybe you should write a summary...but then you have to man up and put your name on it...the passes I referred to were the ones that should have been caught, not the bad passes...the passes that were dropped, for example the eight dropped passes at WM. Blount; had those been caught it might have made a difference in the Indians offensive effectiveness...didn't drop any against Jefferson County and the offense had good balance and was effective...is there a D-B QB that I should have seen that was perfect?...and now you are are "not trying to down" two players...we may have to get Coach Gundy after you...

Roll Tribe Roll

Everybody is entitled to have an attitude even you.There is no such thing as a perfect QB or player for that fact.Don't know where you are heading with the two player thing.I really don't care who you get after me.Sometimes

people can see thru all the in accurate facts that seem to filter out of J.Fred at times.They are just kids playing ball trying to have a good time and they do pay attention to whats being done and said around them.Especially coaches!

The Coach Gundy thing was attempted humor, he is the coach at Oklahoma State, trying to lighten this up a bit...anyway...I would want the coaches to think positive and to attempt to be able to say something positive about the play on the field...Coach Clark had a lot of positive things to say about the receivers when they were dropping passes, that they would catch the ball, he believed that and he had a lot to say positively about the offensive line and the effort of the team, the heart...all those things are good and it seems you may agree with that...just not when directed toward the QB position...do I misunderstand your position?...if so, I'd appreciate you explaining further...and I am not sure what inaccurate "facts" you are referring to...thanks

Roll Tribe Roll

Game managment and Production the same thing? Well, not really how I define them. But I get you. Many, many teams, just need a QB that can manage the game and run the O. DB certainly has that. Plus, he does give production, making completions and the occasional scamper. Dropped balls are not his fault, as Skunk pointed out. We all might be talking different if those had been catches. One of my county buddies, who has watched the Wake Forest summer QB/WR camp the past two years, said with the stud receivers that attend that camp, Ring looked like a all-stater and thought he was selected as one of the top grade level QBs on the final day of the camp. Don't blast the kid, because Coach states something that may be a stretch. If I've learned one thing, you can't really listen to the rhetoric and puns that Coach Clark says to the media. I think Coach(s) at DB are some of the best, but sugarcoating and cute puns don't fly when you're .500. These statements were not the fault of the QB.

To answer the previous thing about the freshman, do I think he will be a great high school player? Yes. When? Soon. Potentially a game-changer on both sides of the ball? Yes. All Conference in the future? Yes. All-State? Maybe. Future college player? Yes. D1? Too early to tell, but it's tough as there are so many good RBs. Good high school speed? Yes. Great high school speed? No. He had a great game the other night and it was good to see. I stood and clapped right with ya. Yep, was there deer. What I said previously, was in the game (singular) that I had seen him play in he didn't really look very fast. Man, he just wasn't. For reference, I asked my Rebel buddy about that very game (as I am old and my memory is, what was I saying?) and the two players that ran by him then were the younger Philips kid and the Waterson kid who broke the middle school hurdle record for Sullivan County and City of Kingsport. Maybe an unfair comparison, so I apologize if you feel that way. Do I think the freshman has good football speed now? Yes. Good, not great. Do I think Coach G will build the game plan around him? He better. So, in taking my own advice as I feel this borders on talking about a kid, good or bad, too much directly, let's drop this line of thought and see what happens in the next three years.

Now let's all be a little more aware that the kids read this. I agree with Skunk. Time to get behind them. Skunk, love your clarity on here.

BTW, Skunk - "Coach Gundy" hahahah That was great! I got it.

Game managment and Production the same thing? Well, not really how I define them. But I get you. Many, many teams, just need a QB that can manage the game and run the O. DB certainly has that. Plus, he does give production, making completions and the occasional scamper. Dropped balls are not his fault, as Skunk pointed out. We all might be talking different if those had been catches. One of my county buddies, who has watched the Wake Forest summer QB/WR camp the past two years, said with the stud receivers that attend that camp, Ring looked like a all-stater and thought he was selected as one of the top grade level QBs on the final day of the camp. Don't blast the kid, because Coach states something that may be a stretch. If I've learned one thing, you can't really listen to the rhetoric and puns that Coach Clark says to the media. I think Coach(s) at DB are some of the best, but sugarcoating and cute puns don't fly when you're .500. These statements were not the fault of the QB.

To answer the previous thing about the freshman, do I think he will be a great high school player? Yes. When? Soon. Potentially a game-changer on both sides of the ball? Yes. All Conference in the future? Yes. All-State? Maybe. Future college player? Yes. D1? Too early to tell, but it's tough as there are so many good RBs. Good high school speed? Yes. Great high school speed? No. He had a great game the other night and it was good to see. I stood and clapped right with ya. Yep, was there deer. What I said previously, was in the game (singular) that I had seen him play in he didn't really look very fast. Man, he just wasn't. For reference, I asked my Rebel buddy about that very game (as I am old and my memory is, what was I saying?) and the two players that ran by him then were the younger Philips kid and the Waterson kid who broke the middle school hurdle record for Sullivan County and City of Kingsport. Maybe an unfair comparison, so I apologize if you feel that way. Do I think the freshman has good football speed now? Yes. Good, not great. Do I think Coach G will build the game plan around him? He better. So, in taking my own advice as I feel this borders on talking about a kid, good or bad, too much directly, let's drop this line of thought and see what happens in the next three years.

Now let's all be a little more aware that the kids read this. I agree with Skunk. Time to get behind them. Skunk, love your clarity on here.

Pudding thanks for your post.You hit the ole nail right on the head about the comments and puns coming out from GC.Will try to look over them in the future.It seems that you are watching the games also.Receivers do make QB(s) look good at times.You were also right in saying its not the players fault that the sugarcoating goes on.Coaches tend to forget that us fans are watching the game also and see whats happening on the field.I am glad you got the coach Gundy thing Skunk throwed in on me,I haven't got a clue.Again thanks for the post.

I guess I just like Sensabaughs straight ahead,hit the hole type of running.He doesn't dance around,and when he get's loose he has good speed as well.

and the two players that ran by him then were the younger Philips kid and the Waterson kid who broke the middle school hurdle record for Sullivan County and City of Kingsport.

Pud,

Two "T"s in Watterson and Two "L"s in Phillips. Not meaning to nit-pick, just get tired of seeing this other places as well, like the Kingsport Times, i.e. the misspelling of the name that have been in paper several times. I know Mr. Throp understands (not Thorp). Thanks. Hope your Indians have a good remainder of the season. Going away again now.

SatchUmp