Stratford vs. Pearl Cohn

60spartans

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Pearl only score 18 v. Stratford? I watched Hillsboro put up 56 against Stratford and it could of been 200 if they would of thrown a pass in the second half. At 18-6 the mercy rule never even shortend the game??

Pearl Cohn is 5-1. That record tells me that they must be a pretty good football team. I don't care if they are winning games by the score of 3-0 every week.

They are 5-1 despite lsoing every starter they had last year on their offensive and defensive lines. This includes #53 Brown, #54 Hudgins, #65 Smith, #78 Curry, #74 Davidson, #32 Horton, & #42 Logan. You've also got to include starting tight end/defensive end #83 Jeremy Gordon in both this list as well as the later list that I will give. They also lost their starting fullback/middle linebacker #45 Trokon Paye. He didn't graduate but he is gone now and no longer a member of the team so I will include as gone starting tailback from last year's team #22 Deaveon Gregory. Remember Gordon the tight end????? Not only did he graduate but also gone from last year's team are starting wide receivers/defensive backs #17 Brian Gupton & #5 Rashad Mason. Both of those guys are playing college football at North Carolina. The Firebirds had to deal with the loss of those offensive skill players one year following losing starters such as wide receiver #24 Josh Graham and starting offensive backfield #28 Bobby Council & #34 Tavares Smith (serious neck injury between freshman and sophomore years).

I may be from Cheatham County but I do know a thing or two about Metro/Nashville Football in Davidson County. The only team in Metro/Nashville that has been hit hard to graduation and with other issues as far as losing kids goes is Whites Creek. The Cobras record looks like a team that has done so though because they are still winless on the year. Hillsboro, Antioch, Hunters Lane, Maplewood, or McGavock have not lost ALL OF THEIR STUDS to graduation from one year to the next for the last 2 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

It's going to be three years after this year for Coach Tony Brunetti's Firebirds. Senior players on this year's team include #15 Deaunte Mason, #3 Howard Griffin, #2 Dominique Harris (formerly Sweatt), #81 William Johnson, #82 Wayne Cox, #85 Michael Venoy, #56 Markese Osborne, #23 Carlos Knight, etc. Despite this I can promise you that in 2008 Pearl Cohn will still be successful and have a great season despite all of the overlooking of them in Region 4-3A and all of the talk about White House, Greenbrier, Station Camp, Sycamore, etc.

A semifinal team from last year with the single best offensive player (Mason) and defensive player (Griffin) in all of Class 3A continues to float under the radar and get little or no credit from just about everyone that I talk to concerning the Firebirds. This is all despite being 5-1 and rolling!!!!

Pearl Cohn is 5-1. That record tells me that they must be a pretty good football team. I don't care if they are winning games by the score of 3-0 every week.

They are 5-1 despite lsoing every starter they had last year on their offensive and defensive lines. This includes #53 Brown, #54 Hudgins, #65 Smith, #78 Curry, #74 Davidson, #32 Horton, & #42 Logan. You've also got to include starting tight end/defensive end #83 Jeremy Gordon in both this list as well as the later list that I will give. They also lost their starting fullback/middle linebacker #45 Trokon Paye. He didn't graduate but he is gone now and no longer a member of the team so I will include as gone starting tailback from last year's team #22 Deaveon Gregory. Remember Gordon the tight end????? Not only did he graduate but also gone from last year's team are starting wide receivers/defensive backs #17 Brian Gupton & #5 Rashad Mason. Both of those guys are playing college football at North Carolina. The Firebirds had to deal with the loss of those offensive skill players one year following losing starters such as wide receiver #24 Josh Graham and starting offensive backfield #28 Bobby Council & #34 Tavares Smith (serious neck injury between freshman and sophomore years).

I may be from Cheatham County but I do know a thing or two about Metro/Nashville Football in Davidson County. The only team in Metro/Nashville that has been hit hard to graduation and with other issues as far as losing kids goes is Whites Creek. The Cobras record looks like a team that has done so though because they are still winless on the year. Hillsboro, Antioch, Hunters Lane, Maplewood, or McGavock have not lost ALL OF THEIR STUDS to graduation from one year to the next for the last 2 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

It's going to be three years after this year for Coach Tony Brunetti's Firebirds. Senior players on this year's team include #15 Deaunte Mason, #3 Howard Griffin, #2 Dominique Harris (formerly Sweatt), #81 William Johnson, #82 Wayne Cox, #85 Michael Venoy, #56 Markese Osborne, #23 Carlos Knight, etc. Despite this I can promise you that in 2008 Pearl Cohn will still be successful and have a great season despite all of the overlooking of them in Region 4-3A and all of the talk about White House, Greenbrier, Station Camp, Sycamore, etc.

A semifinal team from last year with the single best offensive player (Mason) and defensive player (Griffin) in all of Class 3A continues to float under the radar and get little or no credit from just about everyone that I talk to concerning the Firebirds. This is all despite being 5-1 and rolling!!!!

how do u know so much about us? all the haters out there better start to learn. pc is rollin and like i been sayin we goin all day way this yr.

pc..............dont play wit it!

Please don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of PC and Coach Brunetti and I hope they win every week. I was honestly surprised that they didn't score more points and I was hoping to hear more about the game.

These 2 teams really don't like each other. I expect some extra pushing to be going on Friday night. Not real sure of personnel for either team this year. Highly doubt a blow out in this one. I wouldn't mind being in the stands around 8 pm for the show though.

Well you better find another show because the game was last Friday.

How did Pearl only score 18 v. Stratford? I watched Hillsboro put up 56 against Stratford and it could of been 200 if they would of thrown a pass in the second half. At 18-6 the mercy rule never even shortend the game??

A lot of the underclassmen saw considerable time in last week's win. This may have had something to do with the final score.

Stratford has a spitfire in #1. Enjoyed watching him run the ball.

Although few in number, the Maplewood band was actually decent. The problem I had was with the "lady" who continually hollared throughout their halftime performance. She literally drowned out the band. They are few in number so it was difficult to hear them and she did not help thier cause. She appeared to be so caught up in listening to her own rhetoric and apparently thinking she was sounding good that she lost herself and shouted throughout their entire performance. She hyped their "flag boy" to the point you literally could not hear the band.

I think she was jealous that the Firebird band is nearly 100 strong and I counted 8 horns in the Maplewood band. But, this is not a reason for her to disgrace them in such a manner. She was truly unprofessional. Is she an administrator at the school or just an over zealous band parent? I truly hope the latter!

Someone who wants these, I am sure, hard working band members to be heard at halftime, should tell this "lady" to keep quiet so they can be heard. Not to mention, her articulation of the English language was not the best.

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It!"

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now i had a chance to attend this game, i did say earlier that this game will be closer than the score indicates. Now the refs did have there say so in this game. The game could of easily been 31 to 6. but penatiles killed those chances for pearl-cohn. LETS NOT FORGET THIS A HEATED RIVAL. Records are thrown out when these two schools play in any sport that they compete in. now to my man big country i really like the way he gives out information. but Trokan Paye did graduate i know cause he was right beside me at da graduation line up and is attending a D-II school down in alabama. And jermey gordon did graduate also (da TE) he went down with trokan to da same school in alabama but drop out. but i agree wit u about 2008 season Pearl-Cohn has a freshman qaurterback that has a pretty good arm however not as tall as deaunte mason, but should do good. but 2007 season has so more to do with defense. they should go deep again in to da playoffs.

Now i had a chance to attend this game, i did say earlier that this game will be closer than the score indicates. Now the refs did have there say so in this game. The game could of easily been 31 to 6. but penatiles killed those chances for pearl-cohn. LETS NOT FORGET THIS A HEATED RIVAL. Records are thrown out when these two schools play in any sport that they compete in. now to my man big country i really like the way he gives out information. but Trokan Paye did graduate i know cause he was right beside me at da graduation line up and is attending a D-II school down in alabama. And jermey gordon did graduate also (da TE) he went down with trokan to da same school in alabama but drop out. but i agree wit u about 2008 season Pearl-Cohn has a freshman qaurterback that has a pretty good arm however not as tall as deaunte mason, but should do good. but 2007 season has so more to do with defense. they should go deep again in to da playoffs.

Pearl-Cohn will never have a leader quite like D. Mason. He is the best PC QB in the last 30 years or more. His leadership will be missed greatly next year and the years to follow. If they can't get it done this year, they won't for at least another decade.

Pearl-Cohn will never have a leader quite like D. Mason. He is the best PC QB in the last 30 years or more. His leadership will be missed greatly next year and the years to follow.

Mason is a great leader. He is simply just a winner. Period!!!!

I saw him last year in a playoff game against Sycamore and he made every big play needed for his team to win. He did all of this with what was later found out to be a broken ankle. That's the kind of stuff that legends are made of in all honesty.

This year Mason has thrown for 1,011 yards and 12TDs and rushed for 350 yards and 5TDs. He's my choice right now to be Mr. Football Back in Class 3A. NO ARGUMENT NEEDED BECAUSE I WON'T CHANGE MY VOTE!!!!