Ensworth vs. McCallie

tigerfan55

If McCallie gives the ball to RB Reggie Pointdexter and let him do what he does best, then McCallie wins no doubt. Although lately his number of carries have been limited and strangely McCallie has been losing... what does that tell you?? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McCallie gives the ball to RB Reggie Pointdexter and let him do what he does best, then McCallie wins no doubt. Although lately his number of carries have been limited and strangely McCallie has been losing... what does that tell you?? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have noticed that on your other post "Reggie Pointdexter" name is mentioned, by the way I believe he spells it "Poindexter." Why do you think the coach is not giving him the carries, maybe they know something you do not or they believe that they can win without him carrying the ball. I would suggest that you contact his coach with an inquiry concerning the number of carries that he gets per game. He carries the ball as much as the other RB Brock, so why do you see that as a problem? Just asking!

Ensworth can beat McCallie, MBA, and especially Father Ryan. They beat BGA last year. The O-line and Defense are not strong points, but the backs and coaching will keep them in every game. McCallie, MBA, Father Ryan, and BGA can beat Ensworth...but they will have to outscore them (not going to stop those rbs)!

Ensworth is very underrated. They have all the talent, coaching, and size they need, they simply lack the maturity. They WILL be a powerhouse, that's nothing to argue about. As of now its just a matter if they can pick up the maturity with these big games coming up. Theres no doubt in my mind, that they have the potential to be undefeated this year, but to do that they'll need to wide open all the time.

Maturity is nothing, i hate that saying. They are all the same age and the same amount of matureness.....being mature wont make a difference, it is about who can play football better and there is nothing else to it period to the end. Being a new school doesnt make a difference either, why dont people treat all the schools the same, it is so annoying about there history (BA, MBA) and if they are new or not (ensworth). History was the past, who cares, it is about the present

I've heard enough of EHS's backs. They are absurdly overrated against teams who cant stop a run if they put 11 in the box. They are good, but doesn't everyone have good backs these days? They're line is just not big enough to compete in super 7 football. Good coaching rids teams of going 1 dimensional. I'd like to see EHS's QB beating McCallie in the air.

McCallie takes this one.

McCallie - 31

EHS - 7

if any teams puts 11 in the box, they will be beat, they can just pass, so nobody will put 11 in the box. and im pretty sure their running backs are not overrated, considering there more productive one thus far is a SOPHOMORE - yes Orleans is a sophomore. What makes everybody think there line is so small too? Is it because they are new. I am pretty sure they have a big line, have you seen number 55 for them....huge and athletic. But i agree with you on one part, the QB. Ensworth has a good QB but McCallie is definitely better, McCallie should be able to pass on them pretty easily

. I believe Ensworth really does not know what they have coming for them and have not factored in the fact that McCallie will smack them in the mouth and physically and mentally wear down this young Ensworth team. Good luck to both but i have McCallie 35 to 14 (and thats as close of a score as i can go)

ALL THE SAME AGE and have all been playing same amount of years

i agree with the win by mccallie but i hate everyone getting on ensworth about age and maturity because it is just so wrong, come on guys

if any teams puts 11 in the box, they will be beat, they can just pass, so nobody will put 11 in the box. and im pretty sure their running backs are not overrated, considering there more productive one thus far is a SOPHOMORE - yes Orleans is a sophomore. What makes everybody think there line is so small too? Is it because they are new. I am pretty sure they have a big line, have you seen number 55 for them....huge and athletic. But i agree with you on one part, the QB. Ensworth has a good QB but McCallie is definitely better, McCallie should be able to pass on them pretty easily

Hmmm read into what you are quoting before you post. I said the teams that EHS has "ran all over" are so bad at defending the run that even if they put 11 guys in the box, they wouldnt be able to stop anybody. I think a 3 year old putting on his first pads understands you cant win a down with 11 in the box.

I don't feel like quoting the other guy who said EHS can beat mba,ba,ryan, what are you thinking? They stand no chance against any of these teams. Hillsboro has much, much, much more superior athletes than EHS, so how are you to say that your going to have to outscore EHS to beat them when their backs are decent at best. I like my chances with Eric Gordon and Jacquese Seward over Orleans and Taverres. I can already tell somebody is going to scream out that EHS has better coaches then Hillsboro, but Hillsboro has a lot better OL. Talking about outscoring an opponent is 4A and 5A football talk. It doesn't work in DII-AA.

To the people talking about EHS's easy schedule, you are right. They must have been laughing their ###### off when they finished making their schedule. BUT THEY ARE A YOUNG TEAM, THEY CAN'T JUST GO RIGHT INTO THE REAL SCHEDULE! Yes this is sarcasim, I'll end this post with a quote to show the how hypocritical EHS fans are.

"ALL THE SAME AGE and have all been playing same amount of years

i agree with the win by mccallie but i hate everyone getting on ensworth about age and maturity because it is just so wrong, come on guys"

And the guy talking about how the other EHS fan talking about how they have to go easy into their schedule because they are so YOUNG. Gotta take a stand either way guys I'm sorry.

Maturity is nothing, i hate that saying. They are all the same age and the same amount of matureness.....being mature wont make a difference, it is about who can play football better and there is nothing else to it period to the end. Being a new school doesnt make a difference either, why dont people treat all the schools the same, it is so annoying about there history (BA, MBA) and if they are new or not (ensworth). History was the past, who cares, it is about the present

Suppose we don't say "maturity", but use the term "experience"? Ensworth probably has outstanding athletes (I say "probably" only becuase I'm in exile in Florida, and haven't actually seen them), and they most assuredly are well-coached. What they lack is anyone with three years experience playing top flight varsity teams. That counts for something, especially in the pressure of the last few minutes of a close game.

Likewise, I disagree with your assessment of the impact of history. History and tradition are among the intangibles that can tilt a game between teams that are evenly matched. It doesn't win games on its own (see MBA vs. BA last year, for example.) But when everything else is equal, history is one of the intangibles that can have a major effect.

Rest assured that Ricky Bowers is laying the groundwork to establish history and traditions at Ensworth, because he knows their value.

I dont know if experance is a problem either. Ensworth has been playing a full varsity schudeule and many of Ensworth's seniors and juniors have been starting since they were freshman. They may have not been playing D 2 calibure schools, but they still have played other varsity schools since they were a freshman. If anything Ensworth has more experance playing a Varsity schedule than anyone.

Ensworth can beat McCallie, MBA, and especially Father Ryan. They beat BGA last year. The O-line and Defense are not strong points, but the backs and coaching will keep them in every game. McCallie, MBA, Father Ryan, and BGA can beat Ensworth...but they will have to outscore them (not going to stop those rbs)!

Generally speaking, outscoring your opponent is the key to putting an "X" in the win column...An astute observation indeed...Of course, I suppose things are little different in golf...