Ensworth vs. McCallie

tigerfan55

Boy, am I tired about hearing the term "Super Seven" like it is some 1950s college fraternity. In the 22 years I have lived in Nashville, it seems that it has mostly been the "MBA/BA Super Two" anyway (I may well be wrong about his, so apologize ahead of time). Ensworth is the smallest Division II AA School and will play the full schedule next year. A big win over CPA (a very good team), and games against MBA, McCallie, Father Ryan, Webb, JPII and BGA show me that they are not really ducking anyone in 2007. They have some real skill and speed, and fast defensive backs. Certainly size and depth are an issue with only 200 boys on campus, but we shall see. So, they have some tough games coming up, and they may win . . . they may lose (many thought Webb would win last week), but please don't feel offended that EHS has the temerity to actually want to play schools like MBA, McCallie, and others and actually jump in the sacred Super Seven sandbox with them.

I think maybe you're taking offense where none has been implied. The term "Super 7" was appropriate; all 7 of the schools involved have long and storied histories, except possibly BA, whose record over its relatively short existence is pretty good. I don't think anybody feels that Ensworth doesn't belong, just that they're probably a year or two away from being highly competitve in that classification. I think most people share the view that they are very well coached, and my thought is that they will probably bite somebody this year. As I've said elsewhere, I really wish MBA had scheduled somebody else for homecoming.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, am I tired about hearing the term "Super Seven" like it is some 1950s college fraternity. In the 22 years I have lived in Nashville, it seems that it has mostly been the "MBA/BA Super Two" anyway (I may well be wrong about his, so apologize ahead of time). Ensworth is the smallest Division II AA School and will play the full schedule next year. A big win over CPA (a very good team), and games against MBA, McCallie, Father Ryan, Webb, JPII and BGA show me that they are not really ducking anyone in 2007. They have some real skill and speed, and fast defensive backs. Certainly size and depth are an issue with only 200 boys on campus, but we shall see. So, they have some tough games coming up, and they may win . . . they may lose (many thought Webb would win last week), but please don't feel offended that EHS has the temerity to actually want to play schools like MBA, McCallie, and others and actually jump in the sacred Super Seven sandbox with them.

ummm...what are you talking about? Is there really somebody somewhere who DOESN'T think Ensworth with its bottomless pockets and perhaps one of the greatest coaches ever in the state is going be a force someday? If someone isn't taking you all that seriously right now...well maybe it's because this is EHS's 4th year in existence. Talk about hunting for a slight.

the "super 7" exists because 10 years ago (you must not have paid that much attention in your first 12 years in Nashville), the TSSAA forced us into D2...I'm sure 100% of the "sacred super 7" would gladly go back to the old days and give up the league altogether, but in the meantime, it's pretty much just a name that some of us use on occassion, mostly in response to the folks from 4a and 5a who constantly say things like "wow, you won D2! Congrats on beating 6 other teams in your league!."

ummm...what are you talking about? Is there really somebody somewhere who DOESN'T think Ensworth with its bottomless pockets and perhaps one of the greatest coaches ever in the state is going be a force someday? If someone isn't taking you all that seriously right now...well maybe it's because this is EHS's 4th year in existence. Talk about hunting for a slight.

the "super 7" exists because 10 years ago (you must not have paid that much attention in your first 12 years in Nashville), the TSSAA forced us into D2...I'm sure 100% of the "sacred super 7" would gladly go back to the old days and give up the league altogether, but in the meantime, it's pretty much just a name that some of us use on occassion, mostly in response to the folks from 4a and 5a who constantly say things like "wow, you won D2! Congrats on beating 6 other teams in your league!."

Fair enough. I know I was reacting - in part- to some comments made earlier in the season on this site about how things should never had changed from the Super Seven, and that Briarcrest, Ensworth, and others had no business with the big boys. Now, over the next few years things should be even better, with more teams. Ensworth does have deep pockets but so does MBA, BA, McCallie and most of the rest. Just check out some of their facilites. Its great to see, especially when I remember what I had in high school.

Fair enough. I know I was reacting - in part- to some comments made earlier in the season on this site about how things should never had changed from the Super Seven, and that Briarcrest, Ensworth, and others had no business with the big boys. Now, over the next few years things should be even better, with more teams. Ensworth does have deep pockets but so does MBA, BA, McCallie and most of the rest. Just check out some of their facilites. Its great to see, especially when I remember what I had in high school.

I think most people who are truly fans of D2-aaa recognize that with the addition of EHS, our league will become, hands down, the tops in the state...when you consider the rivalries that are going to exist between MBA, BA, EHS, and a resurgent FRHS, middle TN football for private schools is going to be better than it has ever been.

Nobody manages the game like Harrison Ballard for QB at EHS...and with weapons like Trent Wallace and Tavarris 'Beast Mode' Jefferson on offense and John Darwin and Blake Crozier on defense....EHS has a shot at this one. Especially since it is at Ensworth and I doubt a lot of McCallie will make it up to the game....

I really that Ensworth will win this one. Regardless Ensworth is pretty much in the playoffs already easy with 2 more joke games on their schedual. Ensworth does have a great chance however and if McCallie plays bad they should win. If Ensworth wins it will be a blowout like 59-14 for example. Ensworth has the type of offence that can score play after play after play, but their defence is unstable at best. Their D-line has been ran all over however they seem to do better against runs inside than sweeps. Webb did break longs on Ensworth... so im sure that a similar offence that McCallie runs should have at least the same sucsess as Webb proably much better.

Ensworth is very underrated. They have all the talent, coaching, and size they need, they simply lack the maturity. They WILL be a powerhouse, that's nothing to argue about. As of now its just a matter if they can pick up the maturity with these big games coming up. Theres no doubt in my mind, that they have the potential to be undefeated this year, but to do that they'll need to wide open all the time.

I really that Ensworth will win this one. Regardless Ensworth is pretty much in the playoffs already easy with 2 more joke games on their schedual. Ensworth does have a great chance however and if McCallie plays bad they should win. If Ensworth wins it will be a blowout like 59-14 for example. Ensworth has the type of offence that can score play after play after play, but their defence is unstable at best. Their D-line has been ran all over however they seem to do better against runs inside than sweeps. Webb did break longs on Ensworth... so im sure that a similar offence that McCallie runs should have at least the same sucsess as Webb proably much better.

Since this is your first post I'm gonna give you a free pass. Next time you post something this ridiculous it's open season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think maybe you're taking offense where none has been implied. The term "Super 7" was appropriate; all 7 of the schools involved have long and storied histories, except possibly BA, whose record over its relatively short existence is pretty good. I don't think anybody feels that Ensworth doesn't belong, just that they're probably a year or two away from being highly competitve in that classification. I think most people share the view that they are very well coached, and my thought is that they will probably bite somebody this year. As I've said elsewhere, I really wish MBA had scheduled somebody else for homecoming.

Let me tell you something about MBA. They will prepare for the Ensworth game just like they prepare for any game. Like Ensworth is undefeated and favored to win. This coaching staff is awesome! Rest assure, they will not be taken lightly. One game at a time, all the way to winning state.

Nobody manages the game like Harrison Ballard for QB at EHS...and with weapons like Trent Wallace and Tavarris 'Beast Mode' Jefferson on offense and John Darwin and Blake Crozier on defense....EHS has a shot at this one. Especially since it is at Ensworth and I doubt a lot of McCallie will make it up to the game....

No offense to Mr. Ballard, but what happened? The first game, CPA, he had -10 on ground and 2-9 with 20 yards passing. Seems like Jefferson took more snaps than he did. In the last three weeks his numbers are greatly improved. Is it the competition/pressure? What is the difference?