GP vs. Rutledge

BobWhite

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe rutledge's secondary has to play good, from what I've heard rutledge has got some horses on the line this will be a good game, Bo Dyer is a very smart runner, made one of the best plays i've ever seen on a sure sack on ogle, took a pitch he was'nt expecting cut back to other side of field still behind line, for a no doubt loss of 10, saw a reciever down field and threw a TD pass to hagan sims it was beautiful. But a late flag, called it back block in the back, no one saw it but the referee. GP is playing with alot of maturity. But this will tell us alot about our seniors.

I believe rutledge's secondary has to play good, from what I've heard rutledge has got some horses on the line this will be a good game, Bo Dyer is a very smart runner, made one of the best plays i've ever seen on a sure sack on ogle, took a pitch he was'nt expecting cut back to other side of field still behind line, for a no doubt loss of 10, saw a reciever down field and threw a TD pass to hagan sims it was beautiful. But a late flag, called it back block in the back, no one saw it but the referee. GP is playing with alot of maturity. But this will tell us alot about our seniors.

Somebody that was there told me that it was a playground type play. They also said that Dyer's block in the back was 40 yards from the play and they also said ref called it after the TD (or close).

I dont know much about Rutledge, so with that being said I like GP in this one can't say a score cause I don't know enough about Rutledge.

Rutledge runs a 6-1 on defense some, 3 tackles on strong side. Will bulldog air it out or try to pound it on that line they have. it seems to me that a 6-1 although has it s strong parts , would be easy to score on.

First, Rutledge deserved to win. When you run fullback dives all night for 6-7 yards per pop and the other team can't stop you, then that says something. GP never should have let the score run up and it should not have come down to the wire. Not to take anything away from Grainger County High School, but who really thinks GP would not have scored if the game clock operator had stopped the clock as required on out of bounds runs, incomplete passes, and moving of the chains in the final minutes.

That's a pretty big accusation. Sounds like being down 15 points must've been a fluke then eh? Keep in mind I wasn't there, but I did get an account of the last minute when I called my brother to see how things were going...and by the way unless things have changed the game clock operator is an official on the field or in the pressbox and not some homer.

That's a pretty big accusation. Sounds like being down 15 points must've been a fluke then eh? Keep in mind I wasn't there, but I did get an account of the last minute when I called my brother to see how things were going...and by the way unless things have changed the game clock operator is an official on the field or in the pressbox and not some homer.

Hats off to rutledge best tackling team I've seen in a while, it was a good game and no one sat down last 4 mins.. go GP

15 Point lead was not a fluke. GP hurt themselves with 3 fumbles. Although, Rutledge only got points off of 1 of those. It still stopped drives by GP. One of those inside the 5. Would it have made a difference? Don't know and will never know. Yes the clock operator was an official and yes he did consistently let 3 or 4 seconds run off the clock after the umpire cut the time. Would it have made a difference? Again noone will ever know. I would be more concerned though with why the officials did not grant GP a timeout after the last play. They still had 1 and there was time left. All of this is a mute point any way though because Rutledge won 28-22. One would have to give it to them, they did what they had to do to win the game. Congrats to them. One of the better teams Rutledge has had in recent years. McBee kid is a very good athlete and running backs did a good job all night.