Jefferson County vs Cocke

JC4life

VERY SOON, heck he's in the press box already and has been for some years its just a natural progression(that and I think we`d throw the ball around the yard a good amount too.) Your NCAA comment makes me think of some of the plays coach Hutchins would throw at us that he had the scout team running, that and coach Whitehead yelling that he should be showing us stuff we`d actually see in a game, ahhhhhhh good times /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah well they will let anybody in the press box (Luke James).

I'd like to see it soon, Brimer Jr. is the fastest Ginger kid I've ever seen. I think it would be great to have him and Gut get these boys back to state a couple times over the next 25 years.

Now if we could get Ricky back in town to coach the runnin backs...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we`ve been trying to do too many things with the passing game ever since Meadows left. We had WR's running 15-20 double moves with the QB rolling out in the Euverard era where by the time the WR got open the QB was eating grass. Here were trying to set up the one big play down field, after cramming it down the other teams throat for 2 quarters.?  Yeah Tyler Brown made his living down field, but some of his best work was off all the 5yd stop routes that we ran. We do not need to run anything all that special to do some things in the passing game, and we don`t need a Jarrod Houston, David Yokely, Tyler Brown type guy to do it either. If the guys we have now aren`t capable of running 7yds down field and turning around we need to start forfeiting games. Slants, outs, and stop routes with a stop and go or fade every now and then is all we need. They are simple plays to run, and for the most part have little risk involved. Yeah it would be great to be able to run 20yd post routes or dare I say........ it a post corner, but we can looses up a defense with the short passing game as well. All we have to do is make one guy miss off a stop route and its nothing but green grass for days. We really are making things more complicated than they need to be.I agree with you 100%.?  Euverard's passing game did not fit the personnel he had to work with and this year I feel we have good personnel to run the short passing game to our benefit.?  I'm not saying abandon the veer, use it but spread the defense a little with the 6 yard out, the 8 yard curl, and the TE hot pass that we have ran for years.?  You are right - they are safe routes and some of those 6 yard outs will turn into big plays (missed tackles).?  Seems like our passing game is home run or nothing.?  Stepp runs nothing but the go route.?  Looks like we have some adequate WR's and 2-3 good TE's that we really don't use.?  IMO - if your QB and WR's have the timing down on the quick out and curl patterns then it can't be defended if your QB can roll out and have enough time to throw it.?  I know I'm not a coach and don't want to sound critical but things change over time and you have to adjust to how the game changes.?  I love the veer and it is effective, but you have to keep the defense honest.?  Spread it a little on them.?  As far as a grade for the coaching - I would say a B for defensive coaching and a C for offense, just because we are so stubborn and conservative, unwilling to spread the defense a little.?  (Oh yeah - an unwilling to utilize a 6'5" wide receiver).? 

If Zach could hit Stepp on a go route every other down, don't you think they would call the play? It's not Brimer being conservative or anything like that. We do what we are best at, and it has been working pretty good.

I don`t think we would call that play over and over even if it did work. Personally I would have ran the fade as many times as it took till DB took some guys off the line. I know this, if we ran a running play that got us 50yds we`d run it again, heck we`d probable call it till the cows came home. I think we want to be a power run team like the teams of the past, and we're willing to do it at all cost. We're either going to win by the run, or not at all seems to be the philosophy, which works when you have the lines like we`ve had in the past with a Upton, Jennings, or Houston type guy in the backfield. Sorry but we just don`t have team to blast through teams even if they do have 9 guys in the box like we have in the past. If you aren`t at least somewhat balanced on offense it will eventually catch up to you, and after CC the schedule doesn`t get an easier.

Barb, you are probably the only non-Cocke County fan that has something to say in every single CC thread..... more often than not, something in a condescending manner. Thank you so much for reminding the CC faithful of Greeneville's superiority in everything. It truly is a blessing to have your input regarding our teams.

Back to the JC/CC game:

I know this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. However, Cocke County is really struggling right now. Unfortunately, I believe that most of what occurs on the field will be to the Patriots' liking. Good luck to both teams, and hopefully we can renew this rivalry in a respectable manner.

As a rule I have something to say in most 5 rivers threads. I will not apologize for my honest assessment of the CC performance in a game I actually attended. Perhaps you should reread the other CC threads and make sure you are correct before posting though. I hate for you to be incorrect...might make me look superior. There are 5 CC specific threads this season and I have posted on this one and the Greeneville thread...and the other 3 could have used a bit more interest that the 2 posters they had /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> However, since you seem to have such a lack of warm feelings about you fb team this year I will endeavor in the future to brighten your day as often as possible.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And Id give you and warlock an F, for FOCKING STUPID!!!! Give me a break, we have overachieved big time...considering we lost the starting QB and most of the line. We won 3 games last year (did you forget?), and we are running a brand new offense this year with a first year starter at QB!!!! How could anybody say that we have underachieved!!!! We, when I say "we" I mean 1 or two players, hang on to the football.....and yeah, we could be undefeated right now!!! Still yet, we have overachieved very much so!!!! Up 14-0 on DB in the 1st qtr, we had a turnover, and go braindead on one def series and boom, theyre right back in the game!!! As far as the coaching goes....how could you not give it an A+??? Offense is great, Deffense is great, Special teams is great!!! For a first year coach with a 3 win team that lost a lot of kids, id say he and his staff have done one heck of a job!!! By the way, JC4Life, please never let me know who you are so that I can come to your house and smash your computer over your gay head!!! PLEASE!!! D.A.!!

AGREE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> With everything but JC4Life being Gay. A little anal sometimes, but not gay. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

AGREE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> With everything but JC4Life being Gay. A little anal sometimes, but not gay. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Love is just flowing through this thread now, we`ll all be in a circle singing kumbaya in no time, I`m sure of it

Love is just flowing through this thread now, we`ll all be in a circle singing kumbaya in no time, I`m sure of it

Don't forget the campfire and marshmellows!!! Speaking of fire, didn't we used to have bonfires on Thursday nights before the games?? What happened with that. Guess it went the way of homecoming dances and letter jackets too. It amazes me we don't have any of this stuff here cause the administration says the students don't want it. But right down the road in Mo town and K town they still have it. Interesting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Here's a question I've been asking some folks...

Most memorable game in this series? The series is a bit lopsided, but there have been some good games in the series.

The 1982 game was a big one that CCHS won 14-12. Other big CCHS wins were in 1996 when they defeated Jefferson County in their state runner-up year and a 1998 see-saw affair.

As a rule I have something to say in most 5 rivers threads. I will not apologize for my honest assessment of the CC performance in a game I actually attended. Perhaps you should reread the other CC threads and make sure you are correct before posting though. I hate for you to be incorrect...might make me look superior. There are 5 CC specific threads this season and I have posted on this one and the Greeneville thread...and the other 3 could have used a bit more interest that the 2 posters they had /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> However, since you seem to have such a lack of warm feelings about you fb team this year I will endeavor in the future to brighten your day as often as possible.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Barb,

I am sorry that I don't have time to count the other CC threads, much less reread them. I am usually somewhere called 'work'. When I did get the chance to read posts during, let's say, basketball season, I was rather distracted by the satisfaction you apparently get from arguing with PTS Sportswriter and disrespecting Cocke County. Greeneville is the mecca of high school athletics, so there is no point in trying to be proud of our teams. Everyone knows that the Devils are the best thing since sliced bread, so please give it a rest.

It deeply saddens me that this will probably be the last post I have for a while. I am not privileged enough to check these forums every 30 minutes.

Good luck Patriots! Give 'em heck Cocke County!

Don't forget the campfire and marshmellows!!! Speaking of fire, didn't we used to have bonfires on Thursday nights before the games?? What happened with that. Guess it went the way of homecoming dances and letter jackets too. It amazes me we don't have any of this stuff here cause the administration says the students don't want it. But right down the road in Mo town and K town they still have it. Interesting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

ah yes, bonfires, letter jackets and the like. i agree, it seems like we are the big school in the area that doesnt have that student support. boy we used to....

Here's a question I've been asking some folks...

Most memorable game in this series? The series is a bit lopsided, but there have been some good games in the series.

The 1982 game was a big one that CCHS won 14-12. Other big CCHS wins were in 1996 when they defeated Jefferson County in their state runner-up year and a 1998 see-saw affair.

played in both the '96 and '98 games. that gets to my point earlier in the thread, cchs will come at you each time you play them. and they are always primed for an upset. while the rivalry has died down a lot over the last decade, they still star their schedule in the summer when we will be playing them.