Marion County v. Whitwell

It is always tough to play at Whitwell. I believe the score of the 2005 game was MCHS 13 Whitwell 7, 2003 MCHS 13 Whitwell 24, and 2001 MCHS 14 Whitwell 6. It is no given that the Warriors will win when playing at WHS but I expect them to get a history lesson this week about how tough it is to play up there and they will understand the importance of going up there well prepared.

Bill i totally agree that its always a tough, phisical game. Last season the "You Got Nailed" award went to a couple of Warrior boys in this game. Thats how physical it is. However the upper hand the past two years has by far went to the men dressed in purple and white. I totally agree with you Bill about the toughness of this game however i firmly disagree with this history lesson you speak of. The Warriors have fallen one time since the eighty's (87 I belive correct me if im wrong) to the Tigers. So if anyone in Whitwell is going to be giving a history lesson this week you will see it at school not at Tiger Stadium Friday night. And dont get me wrong im not refering to Friday nights game and who is going to win im just refering to the history of the two teams. Good luck to the Warriors and the Tigers in this one it should be a great night for Tennesse High School Football.

Marion- 28+

Whitwell- 0

We Are..........Marion County!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very good prediction above. I also think Mr. VolHooker's young lads will win this one big. They are due for a big win over the young lads from WhitWell.

Mr.Legend would you or anyone else know when the last time Whitwell has defeated Marion besides 2003. I think im close but i want to be 100% correct.

We Are........Marion County!!!!

I have no idea to be honest with you. Is 2003 the last time Marion County lost to WhitWell?

Yes it is an i was told that they were so praised for winning that the school got out the following Monday thats a rumor now you know how that goes. The last time they defeated Marion prior to 2003 had to be after the 84 season but before 90. I was told that it was the 87 season but I wanted to be sure.

We Are..........Marion County!!!

That is a very good prediction above. I also think Mr. VolHooker's young lads will win this one big. They are due for a big win over the young lads from WhitWell.

I think...

MC 28

WHS 13

I am not sure that our defense can completely stop a tough offensive unit...especially a "border" battle such as this one. We can shut them out...the capability is there...but I am not sure it will happen. We also have the ability to put on an offensive show, but I will not go to the extent of predicting a blow-out!

I have followed football in the valley for a long time. Marion does usually beat my Tigers. But, I dont think there is a player out there that will say that Whitwell is a game they can take lightly. We have a new coach and a new attitude. I think the boys will get better each week. I dont wont to make a prediction. I dont do to good with those. I will just set back and watch the boards to see what everyone else has to say. Where is Mikelinebacker, volsbbfan, mcroadwarrior, purplegrad, mcdad,and all the other Warrior faithful. I would like to hear what they have to say. Good luck to both teams and I hope for a safe game for all players.