Dickson County vs Riverdale

CantStopTheChop

I know that this is probably unfair to say, but coach A is no Gary Rankin.

THANK GOD!!! he is not!! every coach needs to do their own thing & be their own leader & he is showing he can be a great leader both on & off the field!! Good luck Warriors...stay focused on Fridays game & take it one at a time...

Bdogg why don't you stay w/ something you know...if you know enough of anything 2 stay with... but leave this board & these players alone... Just bc jealousy has made a point of showing its face where u r concered you do not need to continue to post it over & over.. we get it!! Riverdale is on a role.. enough said... DC good luck sorry you have had to listen to all of this other stuff.. it should be a great game.. GO WARRIORS!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make this perfectly clear. I am not making this a Smyrna vs Riverdale thing. We settled that last year in November, and we will settle it again on October 26th. Yes, Smyrna has slipped twice this year, and we are working to get better. All I am saying is that Riverdale has not played the caliber of football so far this year than one would expect. As for Aydelott, I hear that he is a fine man. As far as having his team always ready to play, I give you the playoffs against Smyrna last year as evidence. I know that this is probably unfair to say, but coach A is no Gary Rankin. That can also be said about many other coaches. Keep working hard Riverdale, and we will too. Our game on October 26th should be a dandy.

it was also settled last year in october (a more memorable game to me for obvious reasons lol) 49-0. like i told dude on here last week lincoln county and dickson county are long time opponents and traditionally good teams its not our fault if they are as good one year to the next both beat us in 2003 so thats not that long ago. antioch new to our schedule but they have been a consistant playoff team in recent years. the past 4 years we have had 4 different teams in that slot (CPA, worthington kilbourne ohio, mccallie, antioch) and thats coach A's alma mater so i think the teams are trying to build a rivalry there and we shouldnt have to worry about them backing out of the contract.

see we cant worry about these other teams and what they are gonna be like years down the road all we worry about is us and thats why you find us taking care of business most all the time. just like smyrna cant help it that both gallatin and brentwood are having a down year. like i said tho you cant even make a solid point because BA is the ONLY scheduling advantage yall might have over us...and you wouldnt even be trying to make this argument if you were in our shoes 5-0

stop trying to take credit away from a great football team.

but as far as coach A and last year in the playoffs, riverdale outgained smyrna in most every stat besides the score. really that game came down to 3 plays...4th and goal from the 1 yard line when scott thomas had to sit that play and we got stopped, sonny gray about a foot from the ground throwing a jump ball right into 2 defenders but josh crouch came down with it and went the distance, and the missed field goal. a TERRIBLE game by us and we were still a yard on the goal line and a few yards on the field goal away from winning. but yeah we were embarassed cause it was SMYRNA but its not like yall came in and dominated us by any means.

i have all the respect in the world for gary rankin but i honestly think you could make a bigger argument about him not having us prepared for oak ridge cause that really was an embarassment...course he knew he was leaving at that point, he didnt want to leave with a loss but its not like it was any dirt on his shoulder if he did at that point.

How long does it take to get to DC ? what time do i need to leave and where is a good place to go eat

Depends on what time you leave the Boro and which way you go. Leaving after 3:30 and going I-24 thru Nashville it could take a while due to traffic. Going thru Franklin has always been the fastest for me personally, but it was during the days when I carried a badge for a living and I didn't exactly watch my speed. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As to places to eat I always hit the Cracker Barrel, but I have to say that DC concessions always fed good food.

Figure an hour to and hour and a half though. I always left no later than 3:30 so I could enjoy the drive thru the country and enjoy my meal.

it was also settled last year in october (a more memorable game to me for obvious reasons lol) 49-0. like i told dude on here last week lincoln county and dickson county are long time opponents and traditionally good teams its not our fault if they are as good one year to the next both beat us in 2003 so thats not that long ago. antioch new to our schedule but they have been a consistant playoff team in recent years. the past 4 years we have had 4 different teams in that slot (CPA, worthington kilbourne ohio, mccallie, antioch) and thats coach A's alma mater so i think the teams are trying to build a rivalry there and we shouldnt have to worry about them backing out of the contract.

see we cant worry about these other teams and what they are gonna be like years down the road all we worry about is us and thats why you find us taking care of business most all the time. just like smyrna cant help it that both gallatin and brentwood are having a down year. like i said tho you cant even make a solid point because BA is the ONLY scheduling advantage yall might have over us...and you wouldnt even be trying to make this argument if you were in our shoes 5-0

stop trying to take credit away from a great football team.

but as far as coach A and last year in the playoffs, riverdale outgained smyrna in most every stat besides the score. really that game came down to 3 plays...4th and goal from the 1 yard line when scott thomas had to sit that play and we got stopped, sonny gray about a foot from the ground throwing a jump ball right into 2 defenders but josh crouch came down with it and went the distance, and the missed field goal. a TERRIBLE game by us and we were still a yard on the goal line and a few yards on the field goal away from winning. but yeah we were embarassed cause it was SMYRNA but its not like yall came in and dominated us by any means.

i have all the respect in the world for gary rankin but i honestly think you could make a bigger argument about him not having us prepared for oak ridge cause that really was an embarassment...course he knew he was leaving at that point, he didnt want to leave with a loss but its not like it was any dirt on his shoulder if he did at that point.

I don't think Rankin or coach A have ever NOT prepared as good as possible. You don't get to be the head coach of a Riverdal or Hillsboro by just going through the motions before squaring off with Smyrna or Oak Ridge in the playoffs. Both men are outstanding football coaches that have also been blessed with a bevy of talent. That playoff loss by the Warriors was a great game. It was sad to see someone lose but at least the winner got the gold ball.

After seeing the Warriors earlier in the year and hearing things about them now it sounds like that offense is growing exponentially each week. If they ever get close to catching up to the that defense they're in for another ring. Wish I could see this one but I'll be at Smyrna-Gallatin. Hopefully someone posts a score somewhere soon after the game. But 104.5 should have somebody there if the have any sense.

THANK GOD!!! he is not!! every coach needs to do their own thing & be their own leader & he is showing he can be a great leader both on & off the field!! Good luck Warriors...stay focused on Fridays game & take it one at a time...Bdogg why don't you stay w/ something you know...if you know enough of anything 2 stay with... but leave this board & these players alone... Just bc jealousy has made a point of showing its face where u r concered you do not need to continue to post it over & over.. we get it!! Riverdale is on a role.. enough said... DC good luck sorry you have had to listen to all of this other stuff.. it should be a great game.. GO WARRIORS!!

I am not being critical of anyone. Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

it was also settled last year in october (a more memorable game to me for obvious reasons lol) 49-0. like i told dude on here last week lincoln county and dickson county are long time opponents and traditionally good teams its not our fault if they are as good one year to the next both beat us in 2003 so thats not that long ago. antioch new to our schedule but they have been a consistant playoff team in recent years. the past 4 years we have had 4 different teams in that slot (CPA, worthington kilbourne ohio, mccallie, antioch) and thats coach A's alma mater so i think the teams are trying to build a rivalry there and we shouldnt have to worry about them backing out of the contract.see we cant worry about these other teams and what they are gonna be like years down the road all we worry about is us and thats why you find us taking care of business most all the time. just like smyrna cant help it that both gallatin and brentwood are having a down year. like i said tho you cant even make a solid point because BA is the ONLY scheduling advantage yall might have over us...and you wouldnt even be trying to make this argument if you were in our shoes 5-0stop trying to take credit away from a great football team.but as far as coach A and last year in the playoffs, riverdale outgained smyrna in most every stat besides the score. really that game came down to 3 plays...4th and goal from the 1 yard line when scott thomas had to sit that play and we got stopped, sonny gray about a foot from the ground throwing a jump ball right into 2 defenders but josh crouch came down with it and went the distance, and the missed field goal. a TERRIBLE game by us and we were still a yard on the goal line and a few yards on the field goal away from winning. but yeah we were embarassed cause it was SMYRNA but its not like yall came in and dominated us by any means. i have all the respect in the world for gary rankin but i honestly think you could make a bigger argument about him not having us prepared for oak ridge cause that really was an embarassment...course he knew he was leaving at that point, he didnt want to leave with a loss but its not like it was any dirt on his shoulder if he did at that point.

Point is taken. Good luck Warriors.

Well well here we go again same as every year Riverdale fan beats his chest in his like a bad tarzan impression and the cougar nation is preparing for WWIII.I have never once waiverd on my faith in the Cougars but man if I here one more DC fan complain about "aww Riverdale for homecoming we never beat them".Well guess what we do.Somtimes it is for fun and somtimes it is for the playoffs,but never is it for nothing.I have faith that we have,can,and will win .Will it be tonight?Who knows.It just seems that it is easier for us[DC fan] to run and hide instead of standing up for your selves and your team.No ill will towards Riverdale but if we don't fill the BIG HOUSE tonight and scream our lungs out for the boys in blue and orange we are not fans we are but veiwers.In closing tonight we'BREAK THE SPEAR",and if we do not or can not we have fun and love those lights.

Go Warriors! One game at a time and you will be just fine! Any one who has had a son in this football program knows how hard these young men work year in and year out! Period! No matter who the head coach! Coach A or coach Rankin!

I think it goes without saying that ever since Rankin, the Warriors have worked very hard.