South Carolina - Westside vs. Brentwood Academy

USA1

I can't help but chuckle at this thread. RamsRule, thanks for playing. You're very entertaining.

I'm confined to following East Tennessee football this year because of my job, but I have been keeping up with the Eagles -- I badly want to see this vaunted D-line in action. Many have said it's the best defensive front BA's ever had, and the Westside coach said in the article that it was the best he'd faced in 24 years of coaching.

I am anxious to see how the Eagles stack up against MBA. Any opinions there? All I've see of the Eagles is the fourth quarter of the Smyrna game, and I haven't seen the Big Red.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but chuckle at this thread. RamsRule, thanks for playing. You're very entertaining.

I'm confined to following East Tennessee football this year because of my job, but I have been keeping up with the Eagles -- I badly want to see this vaunted D-line in action. Many have said it's the best defensive front BA's ever had, and the Westside coach said in the article that it was the best he'd faced in 24 years of coaching.

I am anxious to see how the Eagles stack up against MBA. Any opinions there? All I've see of the Eagles is the fourth quarter of the Smyrna game, and I haven't seen the Big Red.

WesVLT, the D-line is every bit as good as advertised. They rotate 4 guys for the three down lineman positions (all will play div. I college football). Then they have an OLB that plays on the line every down who is also div. I prospect. The OLB (Tuani) is the only senior of the group. They put tremendous pressure on the QB and are obviously big boys, but they are also athletic and quick enough to contain scrambling QB's and runs to the outside.

I can't wait until the game against MBA. From what I hear MBA has a very good, physical offensive line and a great FB in Bartholemew. So it should be a great battle in the trenches.

What's new???????? When was the last time one of the big D1 schools played a very good out of state team? It's not going to happen!

2005 Gary Rankin and the Riverdale Warriors traveled up to Ohio to take on Worthington Kilbourne (which was a 6A team highest classification) which was supposedly ranked #6 in the Ohio i believe...outcome of the game? 26-7. D1 aint got the money to play out of state opponents consistantly, but when the opportunity came we represented TN as well as anyone could /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2005 Gary Rankin and the Riverdale Warriors traveled up to Ohio to take on Worthington Kilbourne (which was a 6A team highest classification) which was supposedly ranked #6 in the Ohio i believe...outcome of the game? 26-7. D1 aint got the money to play out of state opponents consistantly, but when the opportunity came we represented TN as well as anyone could /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't remember that Riverdale traveled to Ohio a few years ago to play and won the game.

BA paid the team from Westside to travel. How do the public schools from other states get the money to travel? Northwestern (Miami, FL) is a school that is in a very poor area of Miami but they found a way to travel to Texas and defeat Southlake Carroll.

You need a better excuse than money. It can be done but the community must get behind the school and help raise some funds. The bands, basketball teams, and wrestling teams from public schools travel all over the country but the football teams can't, give me a break. I wish you would just tell me that you don't want to travel and play out of state competition.

I didn't remember that Riverdale traveled to Ohio a few years ago to play and won the game.

BA paid the team from Westside to travel. How do the public schools from other states get the money to travel? Northwestern (Miami, FL) is a school that is in a very poor area of Miami but they found a way to travel to Texas and defeat Southlake Carroll.

You need a better excuse than money. It can be done but the community must get behind the school and help raise some funds. The bands, basketball teams, and wrestling teams from public schools travel all over the country but the football teams can't, give me a break. I wish you would just tell me that you don't want to travel and play out of state competition.

Usually, the sponsors of these events pay travel expenses. I believe ESPN picked up the tab for Northwestern to travel. This is becoming a trend (and frankly, not a healthy one IMO) in high school athletics. Sometimes, the community and school raise the money, or as in the BA/Westside game, the host school pays part of the travel expense, and I have no issue with that. BA certainly made money on the game, as it drew a pretty good crowd.

I'm confined to following East Tennessee football this year because of my job, but I have been keeping up with the Eagles -- I badly want to see this vaunted D-line in action.

You know the home games are streamed online, right?