Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

boyfromsi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing for certain. The teacher who was fired and now has a lawsuit against The OR Schools now has a lock on her case. Her lawyers have to be the happiest guys around.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad - If you followed the teacher's case, you would've read that she was talked to multiple times about her behavior. Why would a lawyer think they have a lock on her case? Just admit that you didn't want Stevens here in the first place. I bet you are one of those guys who was a Gaddis fan. Gaddis has done something far more damaging than Stevens. Stevens was trying to protect his turf like any home team would do. Well, Gaddis was looking for something extra when he gave his vows in front of God. What's your message?

The bottom line is this; I can't figure out why there's a problem with Stevens. The guy has won a State Championship. I understand he had a 5 and 5 record last year. Many coaches have that record every year. Gaddis went 5 and 5 in his tenure and the Baylor coach was fired the following year Stevens was hired. Maybe, Oak Ridge could've kept the Baylor coach employed. But, it probably wasn't the coaches fault, he probably didn't have talent, right? Ole Dad I challenge you, not personal, who would you like to see coach Oak Ridge Football? I would like to see other opinions too.

Andy Shattuck and Stanton had a real nice public talk on Stanton's coaching show last night. There is obviously no problem between the two of them, that will drive the Clinton people crazy! Especially when Andy ended his phone call with "Go Cats"

Jedave, you and I agree, we've got the right coach here now. 5-5 was after losing 28 seniors, 20 of which were starters off the 05 team, lost our qb for game six through ten, and still lost two very close games and one in overtime. Those exact same players are 5-0 a year later. We've got a good coach.

And for all the Clinton people that are trying to make this bigger than it is: If the Clinton students were on the field to congratulate their players for another hard fought loss, why were they at the North goalpost when their team, players and coaches were shaking hands (some of them anyways) at the South end of the field near Jackson Square? hmmmm?

Just like Andy Shattuck says, "Go Cats!"

Andy Shattuck and Stanton had a real nice public talk on Stanton's coaching show last night. There is obviously no problem between the two of them, that will drive the Clinton people crazy! Especially when Andy ended his phone call with "Go Cats"

Jedave, you and I agree, we've got the right coach here now. 5-5 was after losing 28 seniors, 20 of which were starters off the 05 team, lost our qb for game six through ten, and still lost two very close games and one in overtime. Those exact same players are 5-0 a year later. We've got a good coach.

And for all the Clinton people that are trying to make this bigger than it is: If the Clinton students were on the field to congratulate their players for another hard fought loss, why were they at the North goalpost when their team, players and coaches were shaking hands (some of them anyways) at the South end of the field near Jackson Square? hmmmm?

Just like Andy Shattuck says, "Go Cats!"

I forgot to mention, OR went 5 and 5 during the 92' season, which was the following year after their State Championship. Go figure....

I don't expect anything from this adminastration but a cover-up. After all Dr. Bailey and Mr. Green hired Coach Steven(over the selection committee's objection), how would that make them look. And while Chuck Carringer(the principal) is a good person he still works for the school board. And Bailey abd Green are the Chairman and asst. chairman of the school board.

Ahh, the committee again. What a joke, they wanted to bring back a adulter. Way to look after our kids. Now everyone wants to talk about morality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ahh, the committee again. What a joke, they wanted to bring back a adulter. Way to look after our kids. Now everyone wants to talk about morality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There in lies the problem with our administration. The administration dropped the ball by letting the public know how our coach was hired. I believe that a man's personal business is private as far as the "adulter" comment goes. People get divorced over that kind of behavior everyday and Im pretty sure that teachers and coaches get fired frequently if they act in a similar way to the way our coach allegedly acted friday night. However it is my hope that all this blows over. Im ready to get back to our football program being in the lime light because of winning not because of something like this be it true or not.

Ole Dad - If you followed the teacher's case, you would've read that she was talked to multiple times about her behavior. Why would a lawyer think they have a lock on her case? Just admit that you didn't want Stevens here in the first place. I bet you are one of those guys who was a Gaddis fan. Gaddis has done something far more damaging than Stevens. Stevens was trying to protect his turf like any home team would do. Well, Gaddis was looking for something extra when he gave his vows in front of God. What's your message?

The bottom line is this; I can't figure out why there's a problem with Stevens. The guy has won a State Championship. I understand he had a 5 and 5 record last year. Many coaches have that record every year. Gaddis went 5 and 5 in his tenure and the Baylor coach was fired the following year Stevens was hired. Maybe, Oak Ridge could've kept the Baylor coach employed. But, it probably wasn't the coaches fault, he probably didn't have talent, right? Ole Dad I challenge you, not personal, who would you like to see coach Oak Ridge Football? I would like to see other opinions too.

and just what makes you think ole stanton hasn't been talked to multiple times? don't talk about what you don't know. ask last year's boosters how much money he spent not on the program and not on the players. lots of people walking around the ridge sporting new oak ridge duds last year supplied by ole stan. THOUSANDS of $$ misused. you think he wasn't talked to about that? still paying it back i bet. i'm willing to bet he has been called on the carpet about some other things too.

this isn't about gaddis so don't try to take the spotlight off the real problem please.

use spell check....it's ADULTERER not ADULTER. also one should say "an" adulterer not "a" adulterer

and just what makes you think ole stanton hasn't been talked to multiple times? don't talk about what you don't know. ask last year's boosters how much money he spent not on the program and not on the players. lots of people walking around the ridge sporting new oak ridge duds last year supplied by ole stan. THOUSANDS of $$ misused. you think he wasn't talked to about that? still paying it back i bet. i'm willing to bet he has been called on the carpet about some other things too.

this isn't about gaddis so don't try to take the spotlight off the real problem please.

He doesn't get half the stuff the coaches in the past received. Why so? You probably wasn't pay attention back then. Why so now?