Dyersburg's Tripple Threat Gets Recognized

mg

i know....i have pounded parrott and the jackson sun for several years on these boards......

but i can also dish the "thanks" as well.... so thanks to josh and the sun for the recognition...

josh parrott had some great words about the "tripple threat" at dyersburg in sundays sports section....below are the comments and here is the link for those who don't believe it:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../-1/PREPSSPORTS

"Here's something else we learned Friday night....

Dyersburg has more playmakers than any team in the area - and maybe the state: How do you match up with a team that has offensive standouts like Rashad Taylor, Tyler Caldwell and Logan Parker?

Taylor, a do-everything senior who started at quarterback last year, shined in a 54-12 win over Obion County last week with 309 all-purpose yards and four TDs.

Caldwell is just now getting healthy after overcoming an early season ankle injury. After scoring on a 70-yard kickoff return last week, he appears to have added another dimension to his game after running for 1,700 yards and 21 TDs last season.

Parker chipped in two TDs last week and is getting healthier every week.

Watch out for the Trojans. They're scoring points, playing well and having fun - which is a deadly combination."

dyersburg is averaging a whopping 40 points per game and the first string defense is giving up about 9 points per game...... most of that has been without preseason all state running back tyler caldwell who made his first appearance back after being out for two weeks ...

and add to that the fact THE TROJANS ARE NO WHERE NEAR HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS ----YET.....

like we said pre-season, the "triple threat" is becoming a defensive coach worst nightmare.....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree 100%....

not to change the subject......but about DC!........ i think they can beat crockett....ripley i am not sure cause have not seen any comparisons......i do know that haywood will be a huge challenge........

but if dc can pull all of the above off, then that late friday in october with the "burg" just might be for a region championship....

JC SAWYER WILL BE PACKED WITH 10,000 REDNECKS and MISSISSIPPI RIVER FLAT FOOTERS...all cheering for their teams.....

agree 100%....

not to change the subject......but about DC!........ i think they can beat crockett....ripley i am not sure cause have not seen any comparisons......i do know that haywood will be a huge challenge........

but if dc can pull all of the above off, then that late friday in october with the "burg" just might be for a region championship....

JC SAWYER WILL BE PACKED WITH 10,000 REDNECKS and MISSISSIPPI RIVER FLAT FOOTERS...all cheering for their teams.....

It'll be the hottest ticket in West Tennessee for SURE ! Glad to see the "Sun" sendin' some press toward Dyersburg. As it stands right now they deserve it. It's a shame that the circulation that they have in our area that there isn't better coverage for both our High Schools ! Both Dyersburg & the Choctaws are havin' newsworthy seasons to this point ! But I guess the Sun doesn' realize how many papers they sell in Dyer County or just don't care ! All the best to the Trojans UNTIL ......... that fateful "NIGHT IN OCTOBER" ! THEN for my part it's GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!

i know....i have pounded parrott and the jackson sun for several years on these boards......

but i can also dish the "thanks" as well.... so thanks to josh and the sun for the recognition...

josh parrott had some great words about the "tripple threat" at dyersburg in sundays sports section....below are the comments and here is the link for those who don't believe it:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../-1/PREPSSPORTS

"Here's something else we learned Friday night....

Dyersburg has more playmakers than any team in the area - and maybe the state: How do you match up with a team that has offensive standouts like Rashad Taylor, Tyler Caldwell and Logan Parker?

Taylor, a do-everything senior who started at quarterback last year, shined in a 54-12 win over Obion County last week with 309 all-purpose yards and four TDs.

Caldwell is just now getting healthy after overcoming an early season ankle injury. After scoring on a 70-yard kickoff return last week, he appears to have added another dimension to his game after running for 1,700 yards and 21 TDs last season.

Parker chipped in two TDs last week and is getting healthier every week.

Watch out for the Trojans. They're scoring points, playing well and having fun - which is a deadly combination."

dyersburg is averaging a whopping 40 points per game and the first string defense is giving up about 9 points per game...... most of that has been without preseason all state running back tyler caldwell who made his first appearance back after being out for two weeks ...

and add to that the fact THE TROJANS ARE NO WHERE NEAR HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS ----YET.....

like we said pre-season, the "triple threat" is becoming a defensive coach worst nightmare.....

From what I listened to and heard from many O C fans on the Dyersburg / O C game, the coach has a lot to do between now and the playoff time getting his players to show respect for the other team. Knowing the coach the way I do, he will get a handle on his player or lets say he better or things will get worse before they get better.

I wasn't at the game, but I was told and did hear the radio announcers make several comments on how the Dyersburg players were throwing in cheap shots and showing no respect or CLASS.

If and when you have players such as these, if the day does come and you win a Gold or Silver ball, that takes the shine right OFF...end of comment!

From what I listened to and heard from many O C fans on the Dyersburg / O C game, the coach has a lot to do between now and the playoff time getting his players to show respect for the other team. Knowing the coach the way I do, he will get a handle on his player or lets say he better or things will get worse before they get better.

I wasn't at the game, but I was told and did hear the radio announcers make several comments on how the Dyersburg players were throwing in cheap shots and showing no respect or CLASS.

If and when you have players such as these, if the day does come and you win a Gold or Silver ball, that takes the shine right OFF...end of comment!

Its great the Sun finally got into Trojan football, We appericate it. I for one know the Trojan players are 1st Class players from all previous years and games this year ,however they have made too many senseless penatlies this year that Will come back to Haunt them in tougher games. Friday nite was a very emotional game both sides of the ball and whos to know the real cause ..possibly them taking up for Parker from comments the OC players made. That cant happen no matter what!! The Trojans of 2007 as stated are 1st Class young men as they have shown during their years at DHS. I only hope Bowling n staff will get these Trojan team back on track as they have All the Tools for running the gaunlet to the Boro, "IF" they are focused ,not lose tempo, remember 2005 when they were not ready(focused) for Sheffield, which in my opinion were better than the Trojans of 2007,without the "O" threat they pose for any team . This being said the 2007 Trojans can attain more than any DHS team to date with the "O" Weapons they have . An EverGrowing "D" UNIT has been very Pleasing to all Trojan fans, and have the True Heart of previous DHS "BLACK WATCH "D". Now Trojans lets get our heads straight and by all means not "Big-headed" from news media, or you will Lose all you have worked towards for during your years at DHS. ONE GAME AT A TIME YOUNG MEN no matter the oppontent. Never let up or lose Control , Keep THE 2007 Trojans Train moving forward each game And Never Give Up ,as thats what your years at DHS has taught you. KEEP FOCUSED = Never.Never,Never under estimate your opponent .ONE GAME AT A TIME. GO TROJANS!

as far as cheap shots.....there was plently by both sides......funny how some fans only see or hear about the trash talk or other crap the "other team" does.....AND NOT THEIR OWN.......

dburg must work harder and play smarter.............there is still much to be IRONED OUT.....

as far as cheap shots.....there was plently by both sides......funny how some fans only see or hear about the trash talk or other crap the "other team" does.....AND NOT THEIR OWN.......

dburg must work harder and play smarter.............there is still much to be IRONED OUT.....

The key word for Dyersburg is D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E.....talent will only get them so far.

I think it's great these kids get some of the pub they deserve. it is hard for some of the athletes in that area to get the credit they deserve without a large media outlet in that area. The gazette does do good job just not the circulation of the Sun or the Appeal.

Rashad Taylor has had 4 tremendous games to begin 2007. For those who are interested, here are Taylor's 4-game stats:

* rushing--35 carries, 313 yards, 9 TDs, 8.94 average per carry

* receiving--3 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD, 36.7 average

* passing (played first two games at QB)--5 completions, 7 attempts, 109 yards, 1 TD

* punt returns--4 returns for 128 yards, 32,9 average, 2 TDs

* kickoff returns--2 returns for 35 yard, 17.5 average

Taylor has 695 yards in total offense and 12 TDs after those 4 games.

I believe at 7pm on our(Union City/Obion Co) Channel 2 we can see the replay...I am interested in seeing who from both teams have been said to have dished out cheap shots.....It will replay on Thursday night at 7pm.....