Dyersburg's Tripple Threat Gets Recognized

mg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg is and has always been D-I-S-C-I-P-L-N-E-D....and discipline is what has always gotten them so far. The team has been blessed with talent but even if they weren't they would still be successful due to their discipline.

Please rethink ur comment. The lack of discipline is going to be the killer of this team. Goood players can only take u so far!!

Well since you said please, I rethunk it and still came to the same conclusion. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No team is discipline when they have as many unsportsman like penalities as they had against Obion Central. Regardless of their reasons for getting them, a discipline and championship calabier team does not get these type of penalities. The coaching staff must get a grip on these sitiuation or they will continue to grow out of control.

No team is discipline when they have as many unsportsman like penalities as they had against Obion Central. Regardless of their reasons for getting them, a discipline and championship calabier team does not get these type of penalities. The coaching staff must get a grip on these sitiuation or they will continue to grow out of control.

Unfortunately I missed the Obion County game. I did listen to most of it on the radio but a person can't really get a sense of what is really going on over the waves. If they played that undisciplined then it is very uncommon and maybe just an isolated game that these incidents happened. In the past years all the way back to the late 80's the Trojans have always played with class and discipline. If this is starting to slip I am saddened to hear of it. I hope it will be corrected and these men get back on track to make a good state run again. We can't afford to have 15 yard penalties against any team.

How can you expect good sportsmanship when they have their coaches building it up against Obion County?? In class one day last week, Paul Decker told his students that Dyersburg would not have to worry about Central because they s@#$. Then you have a head coach who degrades the same coaches he hired in Dyersburg?? What is he saying about our school, our program?? I think he made the best decision he could and we are glad to be rid of him! Good luck to Logan! We still love him and always will! As a sensible adult, you cannot begrudge a young man for following the advice of adults who are trying to look out for his/her best interests. I just hope Bowling doesn't leave him high and dry like he did Central!

this thread is not about complaints....but as usual, someone somewhere would find fault with a brick of gold......

i have never heard paul decker or coach bowling say anything degrading about OC, or any other school.......

but if they did, then so what......... WHO CARES........he said she said crap....

my gosh.......

Momismad this is Paul Decker. Kids in Obion County know how I feel about them. You want to question my Christianity, when you post LIES behind a screen name. If you have the guts, which I know you don't, call me I'm in the book. Or better yet why don't you come by my house and see me. I'm still right behind Troy First Baptist Church, were I go every Sunday. Hey, why don't you come with me this sunday. I would love to have you in my Sunday school class. I will even take you out to eat. The Olympia has a great Sunday buffet

Momismad this is Paul Decker. Kids in Obion County know how I feel about them. You want to question my Christianity, when you post LIES behind a screen name. If you have the guts, which I know you don't, call me I'm in the book. Or better yet why don't you come by my house and see me. I'm still right behind Troy First Baptist Church, were I go every Sunday. Hey, why don't you come with me this sunday. I would love to have you in my Sunday school class. I will even take you out to eat. The Olympia has a great Sunday buffet

don't think she will take you up unless they have "crow" on the buffet.....

but hey i will take you up........will you feed me too?

The game was won on the field & is OVER ! Any issues between former coaches & Mr Decker from what I gather are heresay. I'm workin' out of state right now & can't even get away to see my son play in his Senior year @ DC (He's havin a GREAT year by the way!As well as the rest of the Choctaws)), so I certainly have no idea other than what I read on here what happened last Friday night. BUT ...... that is just what it was "Last Friday Night! I am certain that it was a VERY EMOTIONAL game for both teams. As for Dyersburg delivering "Cheap Shots" I can't say... I wasn't there ! But .... Adrenalin makes you do strange (sometimes not very smart). But I have seen comments on here that state that it wasn't all one sided. Having played for a LOT of years & being close to the game for my entire life I can tell you that situations like this one sometimes get a player over exuberant & they try to do MORE than they should.But I'd be willing to bet that there was "trash talk" from BOTH sides & maybe a little questionable sportsmanship on both sides. I don't really think it was a sportsmanship issue (Granted I WAS NOT THERE) but more of an overzealous, very EMOTIONAL game for both the Rebels & the Trojans. I wish both teams the best (EXCEPT AGAINST DYER COUNTY) & hope that both can turn this into a GREAT RIVALRY in the future. Rivalries area great (aren't they the games that we LOVE to watch) ? Soon enough (if we on this forum allow it) this will be in the past. OC you'll be OK this too will pass. I remember a hard fought game in'73 when you were undefeated & unscored on (8-0) We (dc) had to come to your house & play. That game stands out in my mind second only to the State Championship that year.There was mouthing & trash talk I even got a letter from someone in Obion County tellin me what was goin to Happen to me & my "FAT PANSY @$$ LINEMEN (It didn't by the way) Your tradition will prevail (given time, every team has to relload from time to time) & YOU WILL BE OK! Dyersburg is on a roll & EVERYBODY will want to be the spoiler, BUT .... they are a LEGITIMATE CONTENDER. I'd just like to see all this put to rest & concentrate on THIS FRIDAY ! DANG OC Y"ALL GOT UC ! HOW BIG A RIVALRY IS THAT ! WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY TO BOUNCE BACK ! I'm not in any way a piece of this puzzle, but all concerned on this thread need to let this one lay & concentrate on the rest of the season starting on the 28th under the "FRIDAY NiGHT LIGHTS". NO OFFENSE DIRECTED AT ANYBODY ! But your players read these threads. "LET THE BOYS PLAY !!"