Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

oops, sorry siegelplayer. Typing too fast.

DonC - I agree with your observation in part. I believe that most coaches, though, are in the habit of having more than a couple of conversations with the oppossing coach before and after the match. At the very least, I talk with other coaches who have just played the team we are about to face. On the whole, though, I find that coaches will share with me how their team is playing lately, who is injured, etc, etc. And at tourneys, I simply watch them play and ask other coaches.

Teams that are not in our immediate area our a little more challenging as far as getting information about them. However, its not too difficult to find out what you need and want to know (how they are playing, who is injured, are they a little flat right now or are they hot, etc) about teams in the area. I enjoy doing it...as I see it, it's part of my job, part of my homework. Random example, do I know why Hendersonville (trasditionally quite strong and who was in the state semi-finals last year) looks to be down this year? No. But a call to Russ, or to Gallatin for that matter, will help to answer any questions I might have.

My comments were more directed to the parents and/or players and/or general fans of a team rather than the coaches. We don't have the same homework that you mention. Our homework, if any, is more of the Monday morning armchair quarterback variety...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shelbyville is winning 5-2 over columbia

Final score Shelbyville 6 Columbia 2

Columbia's 2 goals were both PKs.

The 1st was at best 50|50 that made the score 3-1.

The 2nd PK was such a bad call that it was all the fuel SCHS needed to fire them up.

They came back to score 2 goals in the next 5 min. then added 1 more before the final whistle.

P.S.

Sorry Big G. First negative words ever written by me On this board.

My comments were more directed to the parents and/or players and/or general fans of a team rather than the coaches. We don't have the same homework that you mention. Our homework, if any, is more of the Monday morning armchair quarterback variety...

Ahh yes, I am familiar with that homework, as well. I am just glad that there are parents like yourself who are as into the game as you are. The girls need the support and deserve the support for their work.

i kinda agree here....ive always said that if you can score more goals than the opponent..you will win the game...if you dont, then you will lose....thats all there is to it...everyone has there injuries, and bad calls....just score more goals and you dont have to worry about it.....Also looks like Segal is on a roll..there a good team.....kym conrad must be playing forward or something as of late....conrad go back to defense...you know you love it there...

Wow.. hey laban, you are all over Kim right now aren't you? Or it could be the fact that you used to coach her. But w.e it is it's a little strange. Yes siegel is on a roll and no Kim is not "playing forward or something as of late". She is playing centermid where they need her and is making a huge impact for the stars. The stars have a better defense now that gerhart is back at sweeper and trollinger was able to move back to stopper. If you put kim back on defense, who are you going to put in at centermid for her spot? That's a very vulnerable postion and kim does a great job. So let's just chill out on the i love kim act ok? k, thanks.

Final score Shelbyville 6 Columbia 2

tullahoma 3-1 shelbyville

goals kaitlin buchanan, shelby herron and kirsten heikkenen and i think the shelbyville goal was by kayla anderson or hannah martin but i'm not sure

we beat shelbyville, shelbyville beats columbia and columbia beats us GO FIGURE

so shelbyville wins district 8-AAA columbia 2nd, tullahoma 3rd lincoln co 4th, franklin co 5th and winner of lawrence co/coffee co 6th the loser 7th

So is that it? Shelbyville will play second place from 7aaa and Columbia first place? Tullahoma will not come out at all?

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound but it seems early to have distict 11aaa finalized. Siegel still has two more district games to play (Cookville and Riverdale) and then the district tounament which will actually determine the final winners.

So is that it? Shelbyville will play second place from 7aaa and Columbia first place? Tullahoma will not come out at all?

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound but it seems early to have distict 11aaa finalized. Siegel still has two more district games to play (Cookville and Riverdale) and then the district tounament which will actually determine the final winners.

no thats the seeding going into the district tournament

1st round is at home sites

lawrence/coffee loser at columbia

lawrence/coffee winner at tullahoma

franklin co at lincoln co

semi's are at shelbyville on monday i think and then the final on wednesday

no thats the seeding going into the district tournament

1st round is at home sites

lawrence/coffee loser at columbia

lawrence/coffee winner at tullahoma

franklin co at lincoln co

semi's are at shelbyville on monday i think and then the final on wednesday

Ok thats good. I misunderstood. Good luck in the district tourny then! Sounds like it could be competitive.

Ok thats good. I misunderstood. Good luck in the district tourny then! Sounds like it could be competitive.

we have to contain mallory and actually finish to beat columbia

shelbyville has 2 problems getting girls healthy and they don't have a goalie

unless shelbyville can control more than 65% of possession and out shoot us atleast 20 to 1 shelbyville can win but shelbyville needs casey bearden at 80% for a total domination

or it could be like it was tonight except we could totally space give up a goal and not finish

1st thing is 1st we have to win 3 saturdays from now and beat columbia but i also think they will play us different

Wow.. hey laban, you are all over Kim right now aren't you? Or it could be the fact that you used to coach her. But w.e it is it's a little strange. Yes siegel is on a roll and no Kim is not "playing forward or something as of late". She is playing centermid where they need her and is making a huge impact for the stars. The stars have a better defense now that gerhart is back at sweeper and trollinger was able to move back to stopper. If you put kim back on defense, who are you going to put in at centermid for her spot? That's a very vulnerable postion and kim does a great job. So let's just chill out on the i love kim act ok? k, thanks.

im not all over anyone. The post was to compliment Seigal on a nice run as of late and make a joke to one of my club players, who will be playing center mid for me as well. Although I might switch her and Wynn. Not sure yet. Any thoughts?