York

singray

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scott played york in the spring and york is a very tough football team!

but the score was scott 36-6

BUT that was in the spring but yet again they are very good i hope they blow hog eye out

York was without Brian VanWormer, Micah Norman (who won your sprint contest in the Jamboree), and a couple of injured lineman (?) when you scrimmaged them. When this squad is healthy, they are a very good football team.

York was without Brian VanWormer, Micah Norman (who won your sprint contest in the Jamboree), and a couple of injured lineman (?) when you scrimmaged them. When this squad is healthy, they are a very good football team.

Thats what ive heard it would of been alot closer and prob woulda wnet either way both have excelent D.

IMO them and scott shoulda played at the 1st annual jack e diggs jamboree. woulda been a barn burner

York is a good football team. They played probably their best game all year in my opinion last week against Smith County. And what better time to do it.

I was looking at the next 6 teams that they will face and they have a combined record of 8 wins and 20 losses. Westmoreland is the only team with a winning record that is just slightly over .500 at 3-2.

With that being said, you can look back at who they have played already. They beat Coalfield (1-4), Cannon County (2-2), Monterey (3-2), and Smith County (4-1). Those teams combined record is 10-9. So, they have already played their toughest competition. They will be on cruise control the rest of the season as they should not be contested, unless they lose this week in a rival game with LA, which records don't mean a thing in that game. Look for them to move up in the rankings barring a MAJOR upset.

I guess it is good to win all your games convincingly, but it could hurt them during the playoff run by not playing many quality teams during the regular season. You have to play the teams in your region, but Coalfield, Monterey, Cumberland County, and Marion County are not TYPICALLY quality non region games FOR YORK. I excluded Livingston Academy because those two play every year. But the combined record of those non region foes are 5 wins and 18 losses.

But hey, 10-0 is what it is.

I want to see the SC/YAI rematch if both teams advance that far.

• 1 month later...