Brentwood at Siegel - Let's Hear It

bearfeet

According to the coaches, the team has no "magic". Have you ever heard such a lame excuse? When is Watson and the rest of the coaching staff going to take responibility for their own incompetency? After all WATSSON is the only factor thats been there the entire 5 years.......that should tell you its the coach and not the team.

O.k... SSFB84, we get it. You get on here every game and blast the Siegel coaches. I don't know any of those guys over there, nor am I even in the business to meet them. I am a long time Riverdale fan, ever since my daughter was in the band over there... but you've got to be kidding! Everyweek I get on here and read about the region games (trying to decide who to go see!) And you stick out to me. You obviously have a personal problem with the Siegel staff, and that's fine. My guess: some kid who doesn't get to play enough or some dad whose son is an 'all-american' walking the hallways. To my point: enough is enough, we get it, you want them all fired! Have you given one thought to the fact that you are on here demanding that these men lose their jobs, their income? Now, before you come back and start blasting me or accusing me of being affiliated with Siegel, please know that I have been on here posting before Siegel was even a thought. Just ask: 82cat, 2priceless, Lost Old Dad, and all the rest of my region friends.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have had the top freshman team for the last 3 yrs.....so they definitely have some players.

2p...you are dead on most of the time...

but you missed this one...blackman had the best team last year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ...but the stars were 2nd...so you only missed it by a hair /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

O.k... SSFB84, we get it. You get on here every game and blast the Siegel coaches. I don't know any of those guys over there, nor am I even in the business to meet them. I am a long time Riverdale fan, ever since my daughter was in the band over there... but you've got to be kidding! Everyweek I get on here and read about the region games (trying to decide who to go see!) And you stick out to me. You obviously have a personal problem with the Siegel staff, and that's fine. My guess: some kid who doesn't get to play enough or some dad whose son is an 'all-american' walking the hallways. To my point: enough is enough, we get it, you want them all fired! Have you given one thought to the fact that you are on here demanding that these men lose their jobs, their income? Now, before you come back and start blasting me or accusing me of being affiliated with Siegel, please know that I have been on here posting before Siegel was even a thought. Just ask: 82cat, 2priceless, Lost Old Dad, and all the rest of my region friends.

Well anyone who doesn't do their job, usually gets fired. Maybe THEY should think about the JOB they are SUPPOSE to be doing but aren't. If they lose their job they have NO one to blame but themselves.....but then again we are talking about coaches that blame the players each week for the loss. So I am sure they would find someone else to blame if they lost their job.

I gotta disagree to some respect as ALOT of players from Oakland found their way to Siegel somehow. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

R'dale wins for one reason. They outwork other teams when it comes to preparing and as perinnial winners more kids come out for the team so that adds talent and debth.

having said that though oakland wasnt really that loaded with talent and i dont think very many of their future starters in football went to siegel but i could be wrong...

I will not disagree about how hard they work in fact all of our athletes work hard in all their sports (my son who plays baseball came home tonight talking about how hard baseball conditioning was LOL)i do not know if we outwork anyone but i do know our kids work very hard and one of the things that added so much depth and talent was that we got BIG leads and the 2nd and 3rd stringers play almost of all of the 4th quarter and some of the third with some sprinkled in the first part of the games and the way we play now we dont have that luxury of building our depth like we have so i think other teams will catch up to us in that aspect

I do think it is NOT FAIR to compare a 5 year old program to one of the top programs in the state or to expect them to be as good as us year in year out already after all inour 5th year of existance we were not state contenders in fact it was over 20 years before we got to that status

To think riverdale has won because they have out worked everyone is laughable. While I am sure they work hard.Smyrna works as hard as anyone despite their inferior facilities and many other teams work their tails off year round.

Riverdale won because they had better players and great position coaches pur and simple. This may come as a shock to many but most of the time the team with better players wins!

The talent pipeline is slowing and being split more ways now and while I think adeylott is a really good coach. I dont know if the rest of his staff matches riverdales previous staff that included coach collins one of the most underrated coaches ever.

It will be interesting to see how that work ethic deal works over the next 2 to 4 years.

2p ck your pm

no comment on the first part of your post

I agree with your second part... i can think of many games that we won over a team that was better than we were but our players was well prepared and we just outcoached them in all facets of the game espcially in playoff games we should have been eliminated many times in the semi final and even a few times in quarters(LC comes to mind during edmistons SR yr)we now have a new staff BUT our team still looks well prepared

the pipeline is being spread out a lot but our kids still are working hard while i do not like the offense we run in 5A football our coaching staff does a good job preparing them

no comment on the first part of your post

I agree with your second part... i can think of many games that we won over a team that was better than we were but our players was well prepared and we just outcoached them in all facets of the game espcially in playoff games we should have been eliminated many times in the semi final and even a few times in quarters(LC comes to mind during edmistons SR yr)we now have a new staff BUT our team still looks well prepared

the pipeline is being spread out a lot but our kids still are working hard while i do not like the offense we run in 5A football our coaching staff does a good job preparing them

hello Rman ive seen on here a few times that you dont like the offense riverdale runs , why not ?

It is a final...Siegel 9, Brentwood 7 on a game winning 43 yard field goal by Siegel with 10.7 seconds left.

Brentwood falls to 1-4, 1-1 in 6-5A, losing all 3 non-region games to Region 4 teams Smyrna, Blackman, and Siegel. Next up, the Bruins host Franklin in the granddaddy of 'em all in Williamson County...7:30 P.M. October 5 at James C. Parker Stadium in Brentwood.

ssfb84 just hates the coaches b/c he didn't get his playin time... but he does have a point... after 5 yrs of being the doormat w/ only one winning season, something has got to change. the instilation of brian guthrie as OC was just one step taken to fix this program. so as a former player, i apologize for ssfb84's total spew of ignorance and bias. it hurts mewhen bitter spiteful idiots try to post here and ruin the programs image, one which i spent the better part of 4 yrs trying to build up along with my teammates. we'll have to see how everything plays out in the next few weeks as every team runs the gauntlet that is region 4-5a football...

good luck to all...

ssfb84 just hates the coaches b/c he didn't get his playin time... but he does have a point... after 5 yrs of being the doormat w/ only one winning season, something has got to change. the instilation of brian guthrie as OC was just one step taken to fix this program. so as a former player, i apologize for ssfb84's total spew of ignorance and bias. it hurts mewhen bitter spiteful idiots try to post here and ruin the programs image, one which i spent the better part of 4 yrs trying to build up along with my teammates. we'll have to see how everything plays out in the next few weeks as every team runs the gauntlet that is region 4-5a football...

good luck to all...

You act like you know who I am. You have no clue. I am sure you're one of the players in the locker room, at home, etc who was running your mouth about the coaches too. There isn't a player on that team that hasn't had it in for the coaches and if you spent the better part of 4 years building up that program like you say you have.....you know I speak the truth.

Congrats to Siegel on the win tonight.

excuse me? this is gabe froula... and yes while i have talked bad about watson after a hard butt chewing... i HAVE never been on the fire watson bandwagon... i have immense respect for the man...and if this who i think it is, you owe watson

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Tell that to someone who doesn't know the truth. We all know how you feel about the coaches. You have no clue who I am.