Brentwood at Siegel - Let's Hear It

bearfeet

Congratulations Siegel. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will be honest and say I did NOT predict y'all winning this one. Especially as I watched a Brentwood team that played and beat Ravenwood just a week ago.

You did represent Region 4 very well last night!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSFB84, your ignorance is hilarious. Child-like antics always having to bash the coaching, man there people to and if you were around to really listen to what they taught and not just bs through everything then maybe you would pick it up. They are people just like every other coach around and they try to scheme up a gameplan and beat an opponent every week. Things just havent fallen siegel's way. Thats like last year should've been there year yes but guess what Corven got hurt and there went the offense. You just need to never sign on to this again if thats all your going to do and act like SSFB84, otherwise be a man and tell your identity b/c i no more than a couple of people who are wanting to no it.

Way off the topic at hand, great job Siegel with that crazy win against Brentwood, definate respect for both sides.

whoever you are - you've got some sense!

this game shouldnt have been close siegel was a little conservative and could have scored more points but settled with a TD and a missed EP the whole game until the last drive and it almost cost them either way though it was a good win for the stars

If we had had a couple of our starters it may not have been as close as it was. But we didn't and thats the way it goes.

Yes, the Bruins are banged up- but then again, so is most everyone.

Good job overall for Brentwood- think on the positives of the game and work from there. Having a sophomore kicker kick it through with 10.3 seconds left from 43 yards out- well, the odds were in your favor, but you rolled snake-eyes.

Has anyone blocked #6 for Siegel yet? He must've had 30 tackles, with at least half coming from running down the ball carrier from the back side. Great specimen!

Brentwood is going through a little down cycle, but they have strong younger classes. It is taking this group longer to show improvement, but it IS improving each week. No question. The opening of Ravenwood hasn't hurt the numbers as both schools are near maximum and get a large number of players out for football.

Sometimes talent is not evenly spread. The whole region appears to be in a downcycle this season, which happens to just about everyone sooner or later. It has been almost 13 years for the Bruins, but it will turn back up- and I predict before the season ends.

Yes, the Bruins are banged up- but then again, so is most everyone.

Good job overall for Brentwood- think on the positives of the game and work from there. Having a sophomore kicker kick it through with 10.3 seconds left from 43 yards out- well, the odds were in your favor, but you rolled snake-eyes.

Has anyone blocked #6 for Siegel yet? He must've had 30 tackles, with at least half coming from running down the ball carrier from the back side. Great specimen!

Brentwood is going through a little down cycle, but they have strong younger classes. It is taking this group longer to show improvement, but it IS improving each week. No question. The opening of Ravenwood hasn't hurt the numbers as both schools are near maximum and get a large number of players out for football.

Sometimes talent is not evenly spread. The whole region appears to be in a downcycle this season, which happens to just about everyone sooner or later. It has been almost 13 years for the Bruins, but it will turn back up- and I predict before the season ends.

I agree with everything you said right on the money. You would be making a mistake to count them out just yet!!

I agree with everything you said right on the money. You would be making a mistake to count them out just yet!!

#6 for siegel is a beast

I hear all the time " oh he looks big but hes not that good"

well every time he has played smyrna he is running down people from side line to side line

he has impressed me.

He is the real deal. He could not be blocked, and even when the play was away, he ran it down from the backside and into the hole to stop the runner after a three or four yard game. He was manhandling ball carriers and blockers all night long. It was like watching Lawrence Taylor out there.

Upon further review-Huge missed call in the game that came on the Stars final drive.

Kiss drops back to pass on about his 38 yard line, and is being chased by Brentwood. He runs toward the sideline and launches the ball at a severe angle behind the Stars bench. The video confirms that there was not a Siegel player within 30 yards of the ball as a potential receiver-just three BHS players. It was noted on the broadcast as well. He might have thought (as apparently the officials did), that since he was outside the tackle box, he could do this. That, however, is NOT a rule in high school. No flag, just an incompletion. Had the officials made the correct call, then it would have been a penalty and- importantly- a loss of down. It would've then been fourth down and approximately 18 yards. Might have changed the succeeding course of plays, or at the very least, field position.

He is the real deal. He could not be blocked, and even when the play was away, he ran it down from the backside and into the hole to stop the runner after a three or four yard game. He was manhandling ball carriers and blockers all night long. It was like watching Lawrence Taylor out there.

Upon further review-Huge missed call in the game that came on the Stars final drive.

Kiss drops back to pass on about his 38 yard line, and is being chased by Brentwood. He runs toward the sideline and launches the ball at a severe angle behind the Stars bench. The video confirms that there was not a Siegel player within 30 yards of the ball as a potential receiver-just three BHS players. It was noted on the broadcast as well. He might have thought (as apparently the officials did), that since he was outside the tackle box, he could do this. That, however, is NOT a rule in high school. No flag, just an incompletion. Had the officials made the correct call, then it would have been a penalty and- importantly- a loss of down. It would've then been fourth down and approximately 18 yards. Might have changed the succeeding course of plays, or at the very least, field position.

what really hurt brentwood on the last drive was the pass interferance call that took a 3rd and real long to an auto first down that was the killer