Will Hampton have to move up to 2A

WhoaNellie

You are one funny dude. I love your posts. But since 1990 the only thing the Dogs own is a losing record against a school that has at least 100? fewer kids in it. And who REALLY cares about coach of the year? I'm sure J.C. and Robbie both lay awake at nights thinking "MAN I SURE WISH I COULD KEEP ENSOR FROM WINNING COACH OF THE YEAR".You all are a funny bunch.(funny haha,not funny ....well you know) I hope you all get to stay in 1a. If not you'll have the G-P Highlanders for company in 2a. So see, try as hard as you can to elude playing the Landers and you still will have to. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ensor winning coach of the year now that is funny. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We have never tried not to play cloudland. It is a big rival between the two teams and everyone except a few people get along. Even if we do go back to 2A we still will compete. The question for you to answer is, will unaka try to take Hampton off of there schedule again like acey did so they want get embarrased any more by Hampton like they do every year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensor winning coach of the year now that is funny. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We have never tried not to play cloudland. It is a big rival between the two teams and everyone except a few people get along. Even if we do go back to 2A we still will compete. The question for you to answer is, will unaka try to take Hampton off of there schedule again like acey did so they want get embarrased any more by Hampton like they do every year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually, hampton use two play Cloudland twice a season. Never is a big word.

Actually, hampton use two play Cloudland twice a season. Never is a big word.

Yeah we played them twice for 4 years when they where really good and when no one wanted to play them and we still did. It has been a rival for many years and will be for many years to come, with both programs having much respect for the other.

Yeah we played them twice for 4 years when they where really good and when no one wanted to play them and we still did. It has been a rival for many years and will be for many years to come, with both programs having much respect for the other.

Yeah the competion is a good thing. It could even be debated that the reason Cloudland has been so good for so long, had alot to do with Hampton and the rivalry. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

HOW CAN HAMPTON GET ON HERE AND BRAG AND PUT DOWN ANY OTHER CARTER COUNTY TEAM WHEN THEY LIED ABOUT HOW MANY STUDENTS WENT TO THERE SCHOOL SO THEY COULD DROP DOWN TO 1A…….. BECAUSE THEY JUST WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN 2A…………. ALSO YOU IDOLIZE A MAN CALLED POOPOO WHO ONLY TALKS GOOD ABOUT YOU BECAUSE OF HIS NEPHEW………….. THEY ARE USING YOUR SCHOOL AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT…………. LUNSFORDS COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HAMPTON IT’S A JOB FOR DADDY AND GOOD 1A TEAM AROUND HERE FOR LIL MIKEY……………. WAKE UP HAMPTON CAUSE TSSAA WILL BE INVESTIGATING SOON……………

HOW CAN HAMPTON GET ON HERE AND BRAG AND PUT DOWN ANY OTHER CARTER COUNTY TEAM WHEN THEY LIED ABOUT HOW MANY STUDENTS WENT TO THERE SCHOOL SO THEY COULD DROP DOWN TO 1A…….. BECAUSE THEY JUST WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN 2A…………. ALSO YOU IDOLIZE A MAN CALLED POOPOO WHO ONLY TALKS GOOD ABOUT YOU BECAUSE OF HIS NEPHEW………….. THEY ARE USING YOUR SCHOOL AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT…………. LUNSFORDS COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HAMPTON IT’S A JOB FOR DADDY AND GOOD 1A TEAM AROUND HERE FOR LIL MIKEY……………. WAKE UP HAMPTON CAUSE TSSAA WILL BE INVESTIGATING SOON……………

Hampton in no way cheated on the count. Anyone who says that is stupid (gr8one).At the time when the count took place, I was a senior at Hampton. Our senior class graduated 67 students. THAT IS A FACT NOT JUST HEAR SAY!!! In order for Hampton to be over 400 kids, the other 3 classes would have to have well over 100 kids in each class. Everyone should be able to cearly see what I am trying to say. why do the Stoner Creekers continue to cry about this? they are the only ones that I ever hear say anything like that. you don't hear people from Cloudland getting on here and saying crap like this. the stoner creekers should just stay on the baseball boards (since they are clearly overmatched by every school in the county at football, basketball, and academics) and tend to their meth labs...

Are the student attendance numbers correct? If so, I'm amazed Hampton is still playing 1A...they have comparable #'s to Alcoa's student population.

If my memory serves correctly, Alcoa has met Hampton in the playoffs a few times. I think they even beat us once.

So, apparently Hampton has a football tradition that will keep going on in 2A.

Are the student attendance numbers correct? If so, I'm amazed Hampton is still playing 1A...they have comparable #'s to Alcoa's student population.

If my memory serves correctly, Alcoa has met Hampton in the playoffs a few times. I think they even beat us once.

I talked to the new principal Campbell at the game Friday about this and he stated that they were about 35 kids above the cut-off point at this time. I ask if the graduating class this year was about 80 or so and he said he thought it was around 100 to 120. We are not above the TSSAA allowed percentage over the cut-off that would require us to move back down at this point.

Quit whining notsogr8one

yea we beat Alcoa in the first round 1996. That was the best team our school has ever had. We got put out in the third round by eventual state champion Knox Webb even though we outgained Webb by 300 yards...

This is a really really stupid thread. I can hear it now, if Hampton Does when state thier will be the same people " the niegh sayers" saying that Hampton doesn't deserve it because of school attendence numbers.

Do you really think that the TSSAA would actually allow any team to do this?

the answer is NO.

Go Hampton Bulldogs!!

Actually, I know for a fact you are wrong on THREE different parts of your statement. FIRST: Hampton has won more than 4 games since 1990. I know Hampton and Cloudland split the games in 1990 and 1992 then they won in 1996, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. So that is seven times right there. Nice try though. SECOND: they by no means dominated Hampton while Tim Clipse was there (even though Clipse may be the best player to play in Carter Co. besides Byrd). In the games in which Clipse was in high school the matchup was 4 wins for the Dawgs and 4 wins for the Landers. I wouldn't really say that a 4-4 record should be considered "steamrolling." THIRD: you said that it be just like the good old days when we were getting countless beatdowns by GP and Cumberland Gap. You are right GP is tough. But Cumberland Gap has NEVER beaten Hampton. When we were in 2A we went 2-0 versus CG. So next time, Judas, check your stats before you type something so I won't have to go back correct everything that you have said...

Pooh boy, I was talking about from 1990 through 2003. Hampton has only recently regained control of the county. Before that, it was the 1980's. Cloudland dominated since then. When Clipse was on the field, Hampton only won one game against Cloudland. He was hurt and missed the first game in 1992. The only time that Hampton beat Cloudland with Clipse on the field was a 21-14 come from behind win at Hampton in 1990 during Tim's sophomore year. After that he made Hampton's Taylor look slow. Then we whipped them in 93 and 94 after Tim had graduated. During my four years, we had a 5-1 record against Hampton. You were only an apple in your mothers eye back then, so don't try giving me any history lessons.

Pooh boy, I was talking about from 1990 through 2003. Hampton has only recently regained control of the county. Before that, it was the 1980's. Cloudland dominated since then. When Clipse was on the field, Hampton only won one game against Cloudland. He was hurt and missed the first game in 1992. The only time that Hampton beat Cloudland with Clipse on the field was a 21-14 come from behind win at Hampton in 1990 during Tim's sophomore year. After that he made Hampton's Taylor look slow. Then we whipped them in 93 and 94 after Tim had graduated. During my four years, we had a 5-1 record against Hampton. You were only an apple in your mothers eye back then, so don't try giving me any history lessons.

good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> thank you you no some time the truth hurts /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />