Teams are standing in line to get at Melrose

highschoolking

Teams are standing in line to get at Melrose, After losing to Mitchell, Whitehaven, and Kingsbury so far. Memphis area teams are standing in line impatiently to get a piece of Melrose. With Hamilton, Fairley, Northside, East and Fayette Ware still on the schedule Melrose could easily be looking at going 4 -6 on the season and barely making

the playoffs. The current coaching staff has done a outstanding job at tearing down a legacy in one season. I am at a loss. How could you get rid of a coach who take you to the state championship and was in the game with Maryville before mental breakdowns in the 4th quarter and then go out and get a coach who is out of touch with high school football ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Melrose get a new coach this season?

Melrose got a new coach last season. He is Hubbard Alexander, who was the receivers coach for The Dallas Cowboys in 1990 - 1994. He has a wealth of knowledge about football, but he can't relate to the game of high school football at all. This has cost the demise of Melros football. It is a very good chance that he may be fired after this season. The Orange Mound Community will not tolerate a mediocre football team.

Doesn't matter. Everybody in 4a is playing for second. Maryville may have their best team yet.

You're right Maryville is a force to be reckoned with. On paper they will be State Champs again. However anything can happen on any given Friday night.

Doesn't matter. Everybody in 4a is playing for second. Maryville may have their best team yet.

I think everyone agrees that Maryville is definitely the team to beat and has to be considered the favorite, But I can also assure you that there are a few teams that are playing for first, As good as Maryville has been and as good as they my be, they still have to earn the number one spot each year.

I have seen Melrose play. Their defense is great, but their offense is terrible. You would think with all the athletes Melrose has they could score.

Dude I can't even tell you the amount of talent that Melrose have. This is a true testament of how pitiful the coaching is over there. They have kids that don't play that could go and start for any other schools. Alot of kids go over there for the hype but the hype has faded away until they bring in a new & fired up coach.

Teams are standing in line to get at Melrose, After losing to Mitchell, Whitehaven, and Kingsbury so far. Memphis area teams are standing in line impatiently to get a piece of Melrose. With Hamilton, Fairley, Northside, East and Fayette Ware still on the schedule Melrose could easily be looking at going 4 -6 on the season and barely making

the playoffs. The current coaching staff has done a outstanding job at tearing down a legacy in one season. I am at a loss. How could you get rid of a coach who take you to the state championship and was in the game with Maryville before mental breakdowns in the 4th quarter and then go out and get a coach who is out of touch with high school football ?

Everything I've heard about Melrose's problems seems to stem from poor O-line play. Their defense seems to be fine. You simply can't produce points offensively if your line can't control the line of scrimmage. Perhaps the coach kinda took offensive line play for granted and didn't give it the attention it needs to build a successful group to open running lanes and protect the QB.

Everything I've heard about Melrose's problems seems to stem from poor O-line play. Their defense seems to be fine. You simply can't produce points offensively if your line can't control the line of scrimmage. Perhaps the coach kinda took offensive line play for granted and didn't give it the attention it needs to build a successful group to open running lanes and protect the QB.

What ever they are doing, well I hope they keep doing it, it seems to be causing problems in the ranks. I tell you, i saw tem play in the Jamboree in 2006 against Ridgeway and thought the Madison kid was the main reason they won that jamboree, I here the next week that he is not the starter and is not even on the field. Courtney then transfers out and may well had been the answer that Melrsoe needed last year, from my perspective, he created lots of problems with his athleticism, they lost that with the change.

What ever they are doing, well I hope they keep doing it, it seems to be causing problems in the ranks. I tell you, i saw tem play in the Jamboree in 2006 against Ridgeway and thought the Madison kid was the main reason they won that jamboree, I here the next week that he is not the starter and is not even on the field. Courtney then transfers out and may well had been the answer that Melrsoe needed last year, from my perspective, he created lots of problems with his athleticism, they lost that with the change.

Yeah that was last year and that din't sit well with me. The coach didn't want Madison at quarterback so they put him on the sidelines. Courtney Madison was one of the most electricfying players in the area last year. I was shocked that they didn't put him on the field as a receiver. The kid was just on the sideline and ended up transferring to Munford where he gave competitors complete heck.

The Madison situation is in the past (old issue). And, I doubt if he would have had a positive impact on last year's team.

The big problem this year is simply coaching. A component of bad coaching is Melrose's case, is poor offensive line coaching. The coaches have simply failed to put a decent/well-coached offensive line on the field. This has nullified the potential they seem to have at the skill positions. You would think that they would improve as the season progresses, but so far, there is no sign of improvement.