Teams are standing in line to get at Melrose

highschoolking

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well is the talent available and can the kids play disciplined football?

There is more talent on that Melrose sideline than most teams in the city if developed right. Melrose dress outs about 100. How many freshmen? You should have a freshman team, jv, and varsity. All playing and gaining experience. Between the private schools and schools across west Tennessee you could fill out a schedule for non-varsity. Question how bad ya'll want to be back on top? As for discipline that starts and ends with the coaching staff. If you got a good enough leader they will follow.

If Melrose really wanted to get back on top and compete for gold balls instead of silver they should go after Wayne Randall who is sitting up there in Munford, Tn. with a team that went 2-8 before they got there and won the region with basicly the same team. Took a kid like Madison who the current staff didn't want and turned him into a region allstar. Melrose has the talent to be a National Team. It should be Melrose-Maryville every year. Why isn't it? Why don't they go after a guy like Randall? I would like to hear what you think?

CougarMike,

I don't think the Melrose Alumni and the Orange Mound Community would EVER "allow" Coach Randall to become the Head Coach @ Melrose! The reason: Coach Randall is the former Head Coach at Melrose's longtime, #1 most hated rival--Easts High School!

If the Principal @ Melrose even uttered the name "Wayne Randall" to the Melrose faithful, that Principal would be run out of town on a rail, the same day! I mean, that's just how much the Orange Mound Community hates East High. They dont' even want to be associated with ANYTHING about East High, let alone have such a person actually become the Head Coach of Melrose.

"Go after the former East High Coach, to be the Head Coach at Melrose?"

That's the umtimate insult to the folks in Orange Mound. Those are indeed fighting words!

CougarMike,

I don't think the Melrose Alumni and the Orange Mound Community would EVER "allow" Coach Randall to become the Head Coach @ Melrose! The reason: Coach Randall is the former Head Coach at Melrose's longtime, #1 most hated rival--Easts High School!

If the Principal @ Melrose even uttered the name "Wayne Randall" to the Melrose faithful, that Principal would be run out of town on a rail, the same day! I mean, that's just how much the Orange Mound Community hates East High. They dont' even want to be associated with ANYTHING about East High, let alone have such a person actually become the Head Coach of Melrose.

"Go after the former East High Coach, to be the Head Coach at Melrose?"

That's the umtimate insult to the folks in Orange Mound. Those are indeed fighting words!

This is where your wrong after all that has happened between Wayne Randall and Curry at East high who do you think hates East high and Fred Curry more the community of Orange Mound or Wayne Randall. It would an epic killing. He is the man to destroy East High and the rest of Memphis.

Teams are standing in line to get at Melrose, After losing to Mitchell, Whitehaven, and Kingsbury so far. Memphis area teams are standing in line impatiently to get a piece of Melrose. With Hamilton, Fairley, Northside, East and Fayette Ware still on the schedule Melrose could easily be looking at going 4 -6 on the season and barely making

the playoffs. The current coaching staff has done a outstanding job at tearing down a legacy in one season. I am at a loss. How could you get rid of a coach who take you to the state championship and was in the game with Maryville before mental breakdowns in the 4th quarter and then go out and get a coach who is out of touch with high school football ?

no offence to any of the melrose supporters on these boards, but "handing" a battered and bruised Christian Brothers team their first loss ever in the Bridges Bowl might be what theyll have to hang their hats on after this season because they appear to be in tail spin and im not sure if there can be much righting of a ship that is so off kiltered.

i could tell when melrose played the Brothers that the golden wildcats would have trouble doing anything this year because of horrendous OL play. though thats just my two cents.