Powell @ Anderson County

FootballLova1234

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this is a non-region game, this is a big statement game for both teams. Both are 3-1, with their only losses coming against powerhouse teams (Maryville and Fulton). This is more of a measuring stick game than anything else. Anderson County's win over Kingston last week is really the only quality win between these two teams. I'm still not sold on the Panthers, especially since they have yet to beat a playoff-caliber team. I'll take the Mavericks, 24-21.

While I haven't seen them play, the Panthers have, I believe, exceeded a lot of folks' expectations. True, the competition in the wins has been less than stellar, but Powell held two of them scoreless. And Karns has some pretty good athletes in Hammontree and the tailback.

Halls scrimmaged AC, and they've got some size and some experienced skill players.

Still, osunut, I think you might be underestimating your Panthers. But you're right that this will be a bellwether for both teams. IMO, with AC's homefield advantage, it's a toss-up.

While I haven't seen them play, the Panthers have, I believe, exceeded a lot of folks' expectations. True, the competition in the wins has been less than stellar, but Powell held two of them scoreless. And Karns has some pretty good athletes in Hammontree and the tailback.

Halls scrimmaged AC, and they've got some size and some experienced skill players.

Still, osunut, I think you might be underestimating your Panthers. But you're right that this will be a bellwether for both teams. IMO, with AC's homefield advantage, it's a toss-up.

I agree... home field advantage might rattle the panthers...

I agree, Powell has definitely surprised a lot of fans this year, myself included. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective, and a win against a team like AC would give the Panthers a big boost for the remaining region games. After the South Doyle game next week, the road is going to get bumpy, and these are 2 wins that the Panthers need badly.

i think that powells defense will bring them to another shutout victory but they wont score so much maybe 17-0 in a tight one till the end but to be honest if Keir Houston has a bad game and Anderson County scores early it could be the exact opposite but i do not see that happening but i am def. looking foward to a great game of football.

Something that I'd love to see as the season moves on is the maturation of Kier Houston. He has really impressed me this year, and even though he had a tough game against Maryville, he is still a game breaker. If he can continue his impressive play, this team will find a way to make it to the playoffs. At this point, spots 2-4 are wide open.

i think that powells defense will bring them to another shutout victory but they wont score so much maybe 17-0 in a tight one till the end but to be honest if Keir Houston has a bad game and Anderson County scores early it could be the exact opposite but i do not see that happening but i am def. looking foward to a great game of football.

Naaa dont think so.... A.C. wins by 17