Baylor vs Knox Cath

lookerr2255

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Th players you mention are all great players. Riley Dyer, Evan Joseph, Alan Owsley...all senior starters. And Brent Blaylock who at the time was one of most effective runners. Owsley and Blaylock are gone for the year. This was not meant to be a pity party I was responding to the person talking about a player that KC was going to be without this Friday night or it would not have come up. Injuries are a part of the game but Baylor has had more than their share this year. Give who a break....by just stating a fact?

What 4 starters have been missing since week 1 ... this sounds like a pity party ... What about Massey / Idellette / Fehr / THe Transfer RB ... give us a break! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Give who a break. Any educated sports fan would know that losing 4 starters would hurt any team. Please give me a break. Hope Baylor wins tomorrow night. Go MBA.

What 4 starters have been missing since week 1 ... this sounds like a pity party ... What about Massey / Idellette / Fehr / THe Transfer RB ... give us a break! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As I wrote on another thread, Baylor will come up I-75 with literally a couple of bus loads of talent. No Kevin Cooper, who seems to be making some noise with the Vols, but plenty of athletes, just the same. Massey is an oustanding QB, and IMO is one of the better dual threat guys around this year. He's right there with Gray, Mason, Halladay, etc. The TE, Feher was a pre-season All-State selection as selected by a number of folks, as was Jordan Wright on the DL. If Joseph, and Dyer are back, along with Idlette, that will give Massey all the targets, along with Feher he will need. By the way Joseph and Dyer are not just good, but very good Corners. I feel that Baylor might have the advatage at some of the skill positions.

The OL/DL is solid, and well coached. Wright and Bock have been around. Junior, Tyler Watson who goes about 6-3, 270 could also factor. Feher also goes at LB, and the folks I talked to said the Shuford kid is good.

Baylor has played a heck of a schedule. They stomped a hole in St. Anne's Belfield, VA. Don't be deceived by the name. This is a team that has Howie Long's son(s) on it. Lost to always powerful MBA, and Brentwood Academy, and then should have beaten Ft Walton Beach FL.

Now I am headed to the Billy Blount/Murrville Backyard Brawl tonight, and will TiVo the Baylor/Catholic game if the the guys at unapproved website are doing it, which I think they are. Pretty sure that when I watch it later, I will see Catholic do what they do, with or without Zak Tait. I am no great fan of the bagpipe lady and all the rest of it, but I have been a fan 2-3A with AE, Fulton, LA, etc. Used to be OR and DB and, the 5A bunch, and then 4A with Mville, Central, Powell, Halls. Things change, but Catholic's offense won't. Don't get me wrong the Tait kid is special, and there is a reason he's a Rivals Top 100 to watch for 09, but Catholic will plug another OG in there and pound away. Defensively, they will need to get pressure w/3 or 4, and contain Massey, get deeper in their drops, and keep the receivers in front of them. Catholic's DB's do break on the ball pretty well.

Catholic has played a pretty tough schedule. They dismantled Morristown West, who is down this year, Webb by a larger margin than I expected, along with Stone Memoraial, and Livingston Academy. I saw them play once in person against Austin East whom they beat 35+ to 14 or so. All in all Baylor has played the tougher sched. Contrasting styles, both teams playing without key contributors. I like Catholic w/home field advantage.

ruse?