6 5A whats your take

DC5AFootball

This year there is no big stand outs. Dickson has the early lead but still have to play Franklin & Independence at home and Ravenwood & Centennial on road with Riverdale at the BIG HOUSE this weekend that a tall order for any team. This is by far the hardest class in 5A (top to bottom) but this year its down a little anything can happen. Who going to step to the bar.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree with that anymore. The region is down this year from top to bottom, but especially the top 5 teams in it (Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, Dickson County, and Independence). Mark my words now, "Region 6 will NOT be represented in the state championship game this year." I say all of that to say that there is still alot of individual talent throughout the region, just the teams aren't up to par of what they have been in the past.

I think everyone will be chasing Dickson Co. I would put top three Dickson, Franklin, Brentwood I don't know about the rest. I think they are the worse of the group but your right a down year for all the programs with no real stand out.

i agree that 6-5A is alittle down but the region standings dont mean much right now since 6 of 8 teams are 1-1 and are in pretty much alphabetical order and Dickson is 2-0 becuase they have beaten Brentwood and Columbia. It would be different if they had played 2 of the harder teams then it would be alittle clearer how it will play out. I think its alittle early to be picking the top 4 I cant even try to put one together but i think it will be Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Dickson Co. in no particular order just yet give it another week or 2 and ill put them in order. I think that a 6-5A team can make it deep into the playoffs im not sure about state but hey last year the first round surprised every1 and Ravenwood still made it even though they lost.

i agree that 6-5A is alittle down but the region standings dont mean much right now since 6 of 8 teams are 1-1 and are in pretty much alphabetical order and Dickson is 2-0 becuase they have beaten Brentwood and Columbia. It would be different if they had played 2 of the harder teams then it would be alittle clearer how it will play out. I think its alittle early to be picking the top 4 I cant even try to put one together but i think it will be Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Dickson Co. in no particular order just yet give it another week or 2 and ill put them in order. I think that a 6-5A team can make it deep into the playoffs im not sure about state but hey last year the first round surprised every1 and Ravenwood still made it even though they lost.

I think you should give DC a little more credit. Brentwood beat Ravenwood who beat Franklin the week before that. What makes you think they couldn't beat Ravenwood or Franklin. I'm not saying they will but they should be close games just like the games between the big four have been so far.

This is a little more open year for 6-5A. Unlike last year, where Franklin was widely considered the favorite in the region, there really isn't a clear cut number 1 team. I agree that the talent level is down a little bit this year, and as a result, teams don't have the depth that they did last year. That top 5 is sagging dangerously low to where Columbia and Centennial can pull an upset.

I still stand by my prediction of Franklin winning the region. Dickson will be second. Like last year, they'll stumble only against Franklin. The other two spots are really a toss up. Ravenwood has been inconsistent, Indy is still making too many mistakes, and Brentwood can't play offense. Columbia and Centennial may stay in the hunt, but they will more than likely be on the outside looking in.

I think you should give DC a little more credit. Brentwood beat Ravenwood who beat Franklin the week before that. What makes you think they couldn't beat Ravenwood or Franklin. I'm not saying they will but they should be close games just like the games between the big four have been so far.

I never said anything about how good they are or arent all i said was by who they have played in the region so far you cant really tell whats gunna happen where franklin has had ravenwood and indy and ravenwood has had franklin and brentwood it gives alittle better picture of what could happen

I never said anything about how good they are or arent all i said was by who they have played in the region so far you cant really tell whats gunna happen where franklin has had ravenwood and indy and ravenwood has had franklin and brentwood it gives alittle better picture of what could happen

oh well you said DC was 2-0 BECAUSE they have played Brentwood and Columbia so I took it another way. I understand what you mean and I think you are right about the playoff teams being the same four as last year. I also think a region 6 team can make it to state, winning it is another question though.

In my mind the region is down, primarily because the traditional powers in the region have average or worse QB talent, and no real "stud" running back.

The talent level will come back, but this is as weak as it has looked in ten years.

I guess the "traditional powers" don't have that but DC has a good QB in Primm and Rayburn is a stud RB.

In my mind the region is down, primarily because the traditional powers in the region have average or worse QB talent, and no real "stud" running back.

The talent level will come back, but this is as weak as it has looked in ten years.

I agree with you on that the region is as weak as it has looked in 10 years. However, at the quarterback and running back positions there is talent ( ex. Scott Pettigrew at Independence and Michael Becker at Ravenwood, and even Shane Rayburn at Dickson County), its just that the teams as a whole just don't have it this year. There will be no Region 6 team in the state championship game.

I will say that the three people mentioned above would not stack up against the likes of Austin Everson, T.C. Jennings, or Curtis Steele (just to name a couple), but they are ALL still very good football players.

At the midway point this season, the region championships and the three other playoff spots are still wide open. Dickson County is in the lead with a region record of 2-0. Every other team in the region is 1-1, with the exception of Clarksville Northeast, which is 0-2.

With that said, the average fans at Brentwood, Franklin, and Ravenwood (all in playoffs each of the last 3 years) don't have as much to worry about as they think. On the surface, Brentwood and Ravenwood are both 1-4, something neither school has seen in awhile, especially Brentwood. Franklin is 2-2, but they also have that tie to Hillsboro, meaning they will finish with 9 regular season games instead of 10, which might come back to hurt them later in tiebreaker situations for playoff seeding. Every team in the region has completed their non-region schedule, which means every game from here on out will have a big impact.

Next week's region games (and my predictions) include:

Franklin @ Brentwood -- Brentwood in an upset

Ravenwood @ Columbia -- Ravenwood, but it will be close

Dickson County @ Centennial -- Dickson County, not even close

Clarksville Northeast @ Independence -- Independence, same as above