Greeneville vs. Volunteer-What going to happen?

DevilFan77

well i think the devils will be fine in this game they have had a week off to prepare and everyone is very healthy. Coach mccurry's method is really working the conditioning with these guys is great there haven't been any injuries and so far at this point in the season i am very impressed with his coaching ethic. Although Volunteer will be wanting a win after this weeks big loss i still think the devils will prevail.

I am assuming everyone is 100% healthy going into this game...good time for an off week heading into the meat of the conference schedule. How did Volunteer hold up injury-wise against Bell County?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, alright, alright! This week is homecoming. Its time for the Devils to exhibit their skills in front of the alumni that doesn't always get to see them play, except during homecoming week. Jeremy Barner has been playing awesome the past two weeks. If that keeps up the Falcons may have some trouble with Greeneville's offense. Also the Greeneville defense maybe a little undersized up front, but those suckers can plan. Coach McCurry gets them in the right spots at the right times too. I can't wait until Friday.

Alright, alright, alright! This week is homecoming. Its time for the Devils to exhibit their skills in front of the alumni that doesn't always get to see them play, except during homecoming week. Jeremy Barner has been playing awesome the past two weeks. If that keeps up the Falcons may have some trouble with Greeneville's offense. Also the Greeneville defense maybe a little undersized up front, but those suckers can plan. Coach McCurry gets them in the right spots at the right times too. I can't wait until Friday.

One player that will be very important for the Devils this week will be Jordan Greenway. In games where he has performed well the Devils as a team have done great. I know Greenway struggle earlier in the year, but he seems to be getting better and making much better decisions on the field. Who is the biggest contributor in keeping Greenway under control? Last year before he was dismissed from the team there seemed to be no control. GO DEVILS!

I think the whole team as a whole are more focused, I dont know if under control is the correct word but I know what you mean. If you have seen their lunch box they carry on the field, it say it all. (This idea may have been borrowd from another team}

The lunch box contains a tongue depressor with each players name on it. Coach holds one up and can break it easy. All bound together can't be broke. He has said many times no one player is more important than the team. These players know he means it. They are truly a team, no stars, no one too important that they can't be tossed or benched.

I think they will take Volunteer.

I think the whole team as a whole are more focused, I dont know if under control is the correct word but I know what you mean. If you have seen their lunch box they carry on the field, it say it all. (This idea may have been borrowd from another team}

The lunch box contains a tongue depressor with each players name on it. Coach holds one up and can break it easy. All bound together can't be broke. He has said many times no one player is more important than the team. These players know he means it. They are truly a team, no stars, no one too important that they can't be tossed or benched.

I think they will take Volunteer.

If this is the game everyone thinks it will be then it cannot be predicted. Both these teams are pretty equaly

matched and that says it all. Volunteer is fine after the game at Bell County Ky, they learned alot that night.

GO FALCONS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Stay Strong!!!! : /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well If Volunteer stopped the running game of boone then we might be in trouble. It just seems like there trying really hard to develop the running game and yes it has been coming along great, but it seems like if the running game isn't there the oc doesn't even try the passing game. I mean come on i feel as though jordan is on of the top 5 qbs in east tn. I know early the receivers failed him, but he was pretending to throw rockets. Now there both connecting. But then again bell co. did run the ball for 300+ yds. But so many people in the stands would love to see jordan throw the ball for around 250yds. and to a previous ? foreverknown7 i think its a former qb that has really helped jordan out keep on with whatever ur doing he's really looking good. Goodluck this week to the devils

Well If Volunteer stopped the running game of boone then we might be in trouble. It just seems like there trying really hard to develop the running game and yes it has been coming along great, but it seems like if the running game isn't there the oc doesn't even try the passing game. I mean come on i feel as though jordan is on of the top 5 qbs in east tn. I know early the receivers failed him, but he was pretending to throw rockets. Now there both connecting. But then again bell co. did run the ball for 300+ yds. But so many people in the stands would love to see jordan throw the ball for around 250yds. and to a previous ? foreverknown7 i think its a former qb that has really helped jordan out keep on with whatever ur doing he's really looking good. Goodluck this week to the devils

Now if Greeneville's O had been clicking against Boone, we would not have lost that one. We only gave up 14 pts. Greeneway was less than stellar against the Blazers...he has been much better in subsequent outings.

Now if Greeneville's O had been clicking against Boone, we would not have lost that one. We only gave up 14 pts. Greeneway was less than stellar against the Blazers...he has been much better in subsequent outings.

And ur point is no duh he wasn't impressive with boone the team as a whole wasn't that was what 4 weeks ago get over it. I mean honestly what is ur point to try and throw my post a curve ball geez woman get a life. Go watch oprah

I think the only reason they stopped Boone is because you know were Boone is going to run. If you told Boone they could not run up the gut at all then they would be one of the worse teams in the region. Greeneville has more speed then Boone an they have more then one play in there play book. With multiple threats from Greeneville weather its Barner running were he wants, Greenway scrambling an throwing, Hall running down your throat, an with Fillers, Epley, trey, grant, and JG catching the ball ( when they do) I would say Volunteers win against Boone means nothing in this game.

Defense wise i expect Arrington, Brimer, Edwards, Duncan, Morrison, an Stewart to have a good game like always

I think the only reason they stopped Boone is because you know were Boone is going to run. If you told Boone they could not run up the gut at all then they would be one of the worse teams in the region. Greeneville has more speed then Boone an they have more then one play in there play book. With multiple threats from Greeneville weather its Barner running were he wants, Greenway scrambling an throwing, Hall running down your throat, an with Fillers, Epley, trey, grant, and JG catching the ball ( when they do) I would say Volunteers win against Boone means nothing in this game.

Defense wise i expect Arrington, Brimer, Edwards, Duncan, Morrison, an Stewart to have a good game like always

i think Volunteer will fall victim to the spread and leave the short routes open for Greenway to pick them apart.