Milan @ USJ - Thursday Night Football

Bulldog Fan #2

I was at the game tonight, what was apparent to me was that Milan is not the same Milan team have been watching for years. Maybe they are just getting it going coming back from injuries and all. They are not near as good as I have seen in the past. Westview wins the region. Milan maybe goes a couple of games into the playoffs. I was impressed with the qb's from Dresdens arm however I didn't think that Milan needed to throw the ball against USJ. Maybe just practice.

I wondered the same thing about Milan leaving in their skilled players with 6 minutes left and a 20 point lead.

As far a freindly calls it seemed to me there were calls(or no calls) on both sides. I know when you go to Milan you expect to home freindly calls.

All in all it was a fun game to watch.

I think you're seeing the result of the Oline not playing to their capabilities. They still had 400 yds of offense tonight but there is a lot of room to get better.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from Jackson...The Coleman QB IMO didn't have a hot night passing the ball...a few interceptions on the few passes he through...I know he is probably better than what he performed tonight...USJ has offense and no defense...I commend the USJ players on the sportsmanship they showed...I saw a few of the players patting Milan players after big runs and getting up out of the piles etc...Gilbert is a force to be recogned with...only a sophomore I'm amazed with his ability...Hardegree through some BEAUTIFUL passes tonight that were dropped by receivers...All in all this was a very good game and was surprised with USJ's ability to play with Milan...Good Job to both teams!!!! OH YEA...I sat on USJ's side tonight...A WHOLE different atmosphere than what I'm used to at GC...nothing like having 5 doctors and 5 lawyers sitting around ya!!

And to VG, I commend your coach and your assistant coaches!!!!!!!!! Me and some of my buddies were in Perkins in Jackson a couple of weeks ago and it was about 1 or 1:30 in the morning and the JCM coaching staff were in there eating and they came up to our table and asked if any of us played football and I told them I did as I used to play at GC and the head coach and one of the assistants(tall bald headed younger guy) stood there for a good 5 minutes and discussed football with us and then told us to have a safe night etc...You would figure at 1:30 in the morning, after the game, watching film, then coming to eat afterwards they would be ready to get home but took 5 minutes out of their time and to talk with us...Classy guy!! Good Luck to JCM this year!

very good to hear of the good sportsmanship on the field tonight it sounded good on the radio maybe this could be a rivary in the works ? usj sounded drastically improved from last yr great game from both teams tonight

very good to hear of the good sportsmanship on the field tonight it sounded good on the radio maybe this could be a rivary in the works ? usj sounded drastically improved from last yr great game from both teams tonight

USJ is a much improved team. But its for 1 reason. Hardegree is much improved and has a couple of pretty good recievers. They are not a physical team. Hardegree just keeps them in the game when he's not pressured. There defense is not good and I wonder if when Hardegree graduates if USJ will go back to how they were the last couple of years.

USJ is a much improved team. But its for 1 reason. Hardegree is much improved and has a couple of pretty good recievers. They are not a physical team. Hardegree just keeps them in the game when he's not pressured. There defense is not good and I wonder if when Hardegree graduates if USJ will go back to how they were the last couple of years.

i really hope not makes it more interesting i mean im not saying i want em to beat milan ya know just that its nice to see a contest and not a beat down oh well m aybe they will continue to get better

Clean game from both teams.

Hardegree is improved from last year.

Milan started 4 sophomores on D and they got some great experience tonight.

Refs were pretty bad.

12 YO,

On what basis are you saying the officating was bad. Milan scored first and dominated the entire game. Yes, USJ is try and make a couple of come backs but the Bulldogs rose to the challenge. What did you see on the field that was affected by the zebras or what could have been done better? Just curious...

12 YO,

On what basis are you saying the officating was bad. Milan scored first and dominated the entire game. Yes, USJ is try and make a couple of come backs but the Bulldogs rose to the challenge. What did you see on the field that was affected by the zebras or what could have been done better? Just curious...

USJ's first TD was made possible of a 4th and 10 pass play that bounced before being caught and was ruled a catch. It was a pass on the Milan sideline.

Maybe saying they were bad was to harsh on them but that play was obviously missed and it resulted in a USJ TD.

12 YO,

The back judges status as a referee should be re-evaluated.

USJ's first TD was made possible of a 4th and 10 pass play that bounced before being caught and was ruled a catch. It was a pass on the Milan sideline.

Maybe saying they were bad was to harsh on them but that play was obviously missed and it resulted in a USJ TD.

I know from the stands that pass looked incomplete. But please find a game film and watch it. The ball bounced but not off the field, it hit the recievers hands and bounced into his chest when he clamped on it. A supervisor for the officals was at the game. He asked a film crew next to him to replay it to verify. After the game, he confirmed that the call was correct.