Milan @ USJ - Thursday Night Football

Bulldog Fan #2

I know alot about USJ since they are from here in town...I think they have a talented group and are probably better than they have been since entering 8 2A...I know less about this years Milan squad, but I do know the teams history and would expect the same hard hitting physical type team they have every year...I think it is an interesting matchup...I hope the game is injury free and lives up to it's potential to be exciting...Good Luck to both teams

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't JCS give up ten sacks against Fayette Academy? That's not what I call "good protection." When does Peabody even pass the ball? Get real.

Harding Academy has the best football player in Tennessee on their team in WR Marlon Brown. I would not call them weak. Same thing with Briarcrest, which is a DII Large division team. USJ has the toughest non-region schedule of anyone in 8-2A. As for criticizing Hardegree, there's a reason he is the leading passer in all of Tennessee.

This game will probably be a "shoot-out." Milan will be running the ball all night long, which is what they do best. USJ has some good receivers who will make plays. There will probably be a lot of points put up on the board, should be a good one.

Yes there is a reason Hardegree is the leading passer. All USJ does is pass. They aren't physical enough to run the ball. Milan's defensive secondary is as good as it has been since we won back to back state titles. IF hardegree has time to throw to a receiver and the receiver touches the ball the receiver will get hit hard. They will be scared to catch a pass by the second quarter. Not the mention that Hardegree's eyes will still be rolling around from back side tackle that crushed him the last time he stood in the pocket. He will get a little wild. PREDICTION: Milan will pick off at least 4 passes. Not only is Milan faster and bigger, they are, and will always be more physical.

Yes there is a reason Hardegree is the leading passer. All USJ does is pass.

Not much logic there. All Milan does is run the ball, so their backs get a lot of yards. Don't see anyone discounting them based on that??? Teams all over the state run the spread, USJ does it very well. Give credit where it is due.

I have to agree with Kublah - this will be an interesting game to watch. Milan is always a powerhouse - this year is no different. The exception may be a team that has had injury issues, and while they may be back to "full strength" - it takes time to get back into synch after that much time off the field. They run the ball extremely well - as usual. USJ is much improved TEAM over last year. Their QB has matured - he's stronger and more accurate. His offensive line is the best that USJ has had in many years and the secondary has two of the state's leading tacklers.

With all that being said - anyone who knows football - especially West TN football, will agree. Milan is the favorite, but upsets do happen here.

The deciding factor in this one will come down to, IMHO, 3 things:

1) How bad does USJ want to win this game? Their effort is second to no one in this Region, and they have the talent to win a 2A game of this magnitude. A win here goes along way in showing others in the Region you really belong!

2) Which USJ defense will show up? The one that tries to arm tackle a hard hitting tailback, or the one that has LBs attacking the play and making reads/stops? USJ won't be able to STOP the running attack that Milan will throw - but to have a chance in this ballgame, they MUST slow it down.

3) Who loses the turnover battle? The team that capitalizes in this category, as always, will be victorious.

This will be a very close game. It sounds like both teams are relatively healthy (and I hope it stays that way). I believe USJ wants it more...I think they win by a field goal or less. GL boyz!!

Not much logic there. All Milan does is run the ball, so their backs get a lot of yards. Don't see anyone discounting them based on that??? Teams all over the state run the spread, USJ does it very well. Give credit where it is due.

I must agree that USJ does pass the ball well...By looking at Hardegrees stats proves that he is an excellent passer...However in this game I really don't think that USJ and company will be able to beat the backs of Milan...Milan has TREMENDOUS speed and a few big boys to go along with that...from what I hear the Coleman kid at Milan can give a good passing show /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I must agree that USJ does pass the ball well...By looking at Hardegrees stats proves that he is an excellent passer...However in this game I really don't think that USJ and company will be able to beat the backs of Milan...Milan has TREMENDOUS speed and a few big boys to go along with that...from what I hear the Coleman kid at Milan can give a good passing show /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

[/color] I agree, USJ does pass the ball well, Not taking anything away from the QB. However, Milan is just on a different level than USJ. Milans coaches will ensure that they are pumped for the game. Milan has speed, and they have some corn feed boys on the line that can run when they need to. I doubt USJ has played a more physical team than Milan this year. Our Defense put the hurt on them Booker T boys last Friday. I just hope that USJ keeps it a clean game this year. Best of luck to both teams.

I have to agree with Kublah - this will be an interesting game to watch. Milan is always a powerhouse - this year is no different. The exception may be a team that has had injury issues, and while they may be back to "full strength" - it takes time to get back into synch after that much time off the field. They run the ball extremely well - as usual. USJ is much improved TEAM over last year. Their QB has matured - he's stronger and more accurate. His offensive line is the best that USJ has had in many years and the secondary has two of the state's leading tacklers.

With all that being said - anyone who knows football - especially West TN football, will agree. Milan is the favorite, but upsets do happen here.

The deciding factor in this one will come down to, IMHO, 3 things:

1) How bad does USJ want to win this game? Their effort is second to no one in this Region, and they have the talent to win a 2A game of this magnitude. A win here goes along way in showing others in the Region you really belong!

2) Which USJ defense will show up? The one that tries to arm tackle a hard hitting tailback, or the one that has LBs attacking the play and making reads/stops? USJ won't be able to STOP the running attack that Milan will throw - but to have a chance in this ballgame, they MUST slow it down.

3) Who loses the turnover battle? The team that capitalizes in this category, as always, will be victorious.

This will be a very close game. It sounds like both teams are relatively healthy (and I hope it stays that way). I believe USJ wants it more...I think they win by a field goal or less. GL boyz!!

jp. I agree with most of what you have stated. Especially the part about being "in sync", turnovers and being a close game. But I think Milan will take this one.