Milan @ USJ - Thursday Night Football

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To your question about all the hype:

This is Private versus Public, the greatest gift TSSAA has ever given to the public schools. They finally forced the private schools to earn a spot in the playoffs, notice i said earn, not purchase! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you want to make comments about the public v. private debate, there is a separate section in this forum set up just for that purpose.

IMO I believe USJ will win this hard game by 2 touchdowns. Milan cannot handle the high intense passing attack lead by Bill Hardegree and his recieving corp.

I imagine Milan will have their hands full in the DB's dept. this Thursday night. Hardegree and crew are better than last year but I don't see them pulling the upset this week. Hardegree will have to get rid of the ball quick on the hot read all night long. It may take a half but Milan's size will wear down the Bruins before the game is over.

I imagine Milan will have their hands full in the DB's dept. this Thursday night. Hardegree and crew are better than last year but I don't see them pulling the upset this week. Hardegree will have to get rid of the ball quick on the hot read all night long. It may take a half but Milan's size will wear down the Bruins before the game is over.

Milan has to change their entire defense this week in three days because Milan has not played anyone with the offensive scheme that USJ uses. You can blitz all night and Hardegree will get rid of the ball to the open reciever...you cant blitz without a good secondary. Hardegree is known for picking apart some of the better secondarys already. USJ's offensive line is, in my opinion, one of, if not the best pass protection lines in the region. They can hold their own against anyone. Their recievers are great at getting open and making catches. I think USJ will take this by two touchdowns. Milan can't stop USJ's offense.

Milan has to change their entire defense this week in three days because Milan has not played anyone with the offensive scheme that USJ uses. You can blitz all night and Hardegree will get rid of the ball to the open reciever...you cant blitz without a good secondary. Hardegree is known for picking apart some of the better secondarys already. USJ's offensive line is, in my opinion, one of, if not the best pass protection lines in the region. They can hold their own against anyone. Their recievers are great at getting open and making catches. I think USJ will take this by two touchdowns. Milan can't stop USJ's offense.

Alright, no offense[no pun intended], but who has USJ beaten that Hardegree has been "known for picking apart some of the better secondarys already". They BARELY beat Trinity Christian and destroyed a VERY VERY VERY weak Dresden team. They lost to an UNUSALLY awkward Humboldt team, a weak Harding Academy team, and a Briarcrest team that beats teams like "Southwind" [who only has one other TN game this season in Week 7 according to the TSSAA website]. So who is he picking apart? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You want to see some decent pass protection ... go watch Trenton Peabody or JCS.

Again, they have met ... anyway. The only sentence I would agree with would be "Their recievers are great at getting open and making catches". Milan defense WILL stop what offense USJ can muster. Booker T. Washington was a good warm-up for Milan.

Didn't JCS give up ten sacks against Fayette Academy? That's not what I call "good protection." When does Peabody even pass the ball? Get real.

Harding Academy has the best football player in Tennessee on their team in WR Marlon Brown. I would not call them weak. Same thing with Briarcrest, which is a DII Large division team. USJ has the toughest non-region schedule of anyone in 8-2A. As for criticizing Hardegree, there's a reason he is the leading passer in all of Tennessee.

This game will probably be a "shoot-out." Milan will be running the ball all night long, which is what they do best. USJ has some good receivers who will make plays. There will probably be a lot of points put up on the board, should be a good one.

Milans team speed is outstanding. I really don't think that short passing game will be too effective with all the speed milan has in the secondary and linebackers. On offense last year it was obvious USJs defense couldn't keep up with the Lydale, Moore, and Pearson. This year's team is faster. Hard to win a ballgame win your slower and smaller.