Bruceton @ Union City

Bruceton rolls into Union City fresh off a big win against Region 8-1A power Fayette Acd. 25-14....Union City comes into the game on a positive note as well,stopping the 5 game losing streak to county rival 3A Obion Co. Central 42-14....

Bruceton was hyped as a potential candidate to go to Murfreesboro....Some Tiger posters even started saying this team had the potential to be as good as the powerful Bruceton teams that played under Rod Sturdivant....McKenzie put a damper on that talk with a 35-0 win earlier in the season....Bruceton also lost a hard-fought game to Huntingdon and seem to be getting back on track after getting the win against FA.....Most of the talk about Bruceton starts and stops with Chad Jordan and Alex Matlock and UC will HAVE to stop Bruceton's run game much like McKenzie did......

Union City was predicted 3rd or 4th by most people coming into the season....Union City started coming together with the big 4th quarter comeback against Dresden.....Although Dresden is a pretty weak team,UC came back strong against the Lions with 22 points in the last 8 minutes to erase a 30-14 deficit to win 36-30.....The following week the Tornadoes took region frontrunner McKenzie down to the final seconds in a 42-39 loss.....This week the Tornadoes got one Rebel monkey off their back with a convincing win and celebrated Homecoming 2007 in style....

With all due respect to Greenfield,this game will probably determine who stays at home and who hits the road in the first round of the playoffs come November....Union City has shown since the Westview game that they have an offense to be reckoned with and they are balanced...You can't just put 9 in the box and stop the run game...Brett White has shown his mobility the last three games and has added the threat of being able to roll out of the pocket and make things happen with his feet...Pat Polk is UC's best player..He is a tough runner with deceptive speed and also has the strength to shake off defenders.....UC's defense will be tested again this week....Bruceton will try to line up and run over the Tornadoes,like they did last season..UC will have to make the Tigers pass....Union City has a pretty good secondary and is used to defending against the pass because of the offense UC runs...They see the pass every day in practice...They cannot allow Jordan to get over 200 yards rushing and eat up chunks of clock....

Union City will score in this game....They have put up 34,36,39 and 42 points the last 4 weeks...They played McKenzie much better than Bruceton did,although I'm not much on comparing scores...The game Bruceton played against the Rebels was earlier in the season and doesn't really have a bearing on this game....I've picked Union City to finish in 2nd place in Region 7-1A since back in the summer and end up 8-2 heading into the playoffs....That means I wasn't drinking all that Blue Kool-Aide......Here's hoping I don't choke on the Purple stuff.....People will start to mention Union City as a contender after this one.....

Union City-33

Bruceton-20

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree....Not only has Union City's offense start coming around, our defense has showed some improvement as well. We pose a tripple threat with White, Polk and Nicks. Our passing game is better with age as well. It al depends on stopping Jordon. Union City is going to score but the question is if our defense holds Jordon down to the amount of points we are able to score.

Our kicking game may have some problems now with Wilks going down late in the game on a "possible" cheap shot to him during a P A T. This was out of frustration on the Rebels part. Hope and pray the injury is not as bad as it may seem.

If Union City could hold Bruceton down and continue to improve, you just might see a rematch with McKenzie / Union City somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.

Ways to go though.

Union City 27

Bruceton 17

Bruceton rolls into Union City fresh off a big win against Region 8-1A power Fayette Acd. 25-14....Union City comes into the game on a positive note as well,stopping the 5 game losing streak to county rival 3A Obion Co. Central 42-14....

Bruceton was hyped as a potential candidate to go to Murfreesboro....Some Tiger posters even started saying this team had the potential to be as good as the powerful Bruceton teams that played under Rod Sturdivant....McKenzie put a damper on that talk with a 35-0 win earlier in the season....Bruceton also lost a hard-fought game to Huntingdon and seem to be getting back on track after getting the win against FA.....Most of the talk about Bruceton starts and stops with Chad Jordan and Alex Matlock and UC will HAVE to stop Bruceton's run game much like McKenzie did......

Union City was predicted 3rd or 4th by most people coming into the season....Union City started coming together with the big 4th quarter comeback against Dresden.....Although Dresden is a pretty weak team,UC came back strong against the Lions with 22 points in the last 8 minutes to erase a 30-14 deficit to win 36-30.....The following week the Tornadoes took region frontrunner McKenzie down to the final seconds in a 42-39 loss.....This week the Tornadoes got one Rebel monkey off their back with a convincing win and celebrated Homecoming 2007 in style....

With all due respect to Greenfield,this game will probably determine who stays at home and who hits the road in the first round of the playoffs come November....Union City has shown since the Westview game that they have an offense to be reckoned with and they are balanced...You can't just put 9 in the box and stop the run game...Brett White has shown his mobility the last three games and has added the threat of being able to roll out of the pocket and make things happen with his feet...Pat Polk is UC's best player..He is a tough runner with deceptive speed and also has the strength to shake off defenders.....UC's defense will be tested again this week....Bruceton will try to line up and run over the Tornadoes,like they did last season..UC will have to make the Tigers pass....Union City has a pretty good secondary and is used to defending against the pass because of the offense UC runs...They see the pass every day in practice...They cannot allow Jordan to get over 200 yards rushing and eat up chunks of clock....

Union City will score in this game....They have put up 34,36,39 and 42 points the last 4 weeks...They played McKenzie much better than Bruceton did,although I'm not much on comparing scores...The game Bruceton played against the Rebels was earlier in the season and doesn't really have a bearing on this game....I've picked Union City to finish in 2nd place in Region 7-1A since back in the summer and end up 8-2 heading into the playoffs....That means I wasn't drinking all that Blue Kool-Aide......Here's hoping I don't choke on the Purple stuff.....People will start to mention Union City as a contender after this one.....

Union City-33

Bruceton-20

With all due respect to Greenfield,this game will probably determine who stays at home and who hits the road in the first round of the playoffs come November....[

Not sure what you mean by this comment Purple..Have you already got Greenfield penciled in over Lake Co...I saw that Bruceton beat Fayette Ac....But I'm not sure how good Fayette Ac is..Halls took them to overtime and Lake Co had about 3 or 4 touchdowns called back against Halls...I believe Lake Co will give Bruceton a good game as well..If Bruceton was to win against U.C. ...2nd place could still be up for grabs..if Lake Co was to beat Bruceton and take care of business the rest of the way!I believe Lake Co still has a good chance of 3rd place..If not..the winner of Greenfield -Lake Co may get the 4th spot..I believe they beat Halls by about the same score but also lost to Dresden..

Also....Not sure it's too bad being the 4th place team and playing the #1 team from the other district...T.C.A. may struggle with their quarterback out and Fayette Ac..Not saying our teams will win..but they may not be as strong as last year!

I like McKenzie, UC, Bruceton and Lake County to make the playoffs from your side of bracket...from the region to the south TCA and FA will be the only two teams to really compete in playoffs...over all I would say the region to the north is stronger as a whole...not to take anthing away from TCA and FA...FA is a very physical team or at least they always play us that way...TCA is very good and the latest news is that Tomlin and Crenshaw both hurt last night against us will be able to return shortly...

I like McKenzie, UC, Bruceton and Lake County to make the playoffs from your side of bracket...from the region to the south TCA and FA will be the only two teams to really compete in playoffs...over all I would say the region to the north is stronger as a whole...not to take anthing away from TCA and FA...FA is a very physical team or at least they always play us that way...TCA is very good and the latest news is that Tomlin and Crenshaw both hurt last night against us will be able to return shortly...

That's about the way I have it also..but Lake Co being so young and not as as good defensively could still finish as high as second..maybe 1st if they were to beat MCKenzie and Bruceton etc., to not making the playoffs at all..Reality is probably between Greenfield and Lake Co for the last spot..But..with J.C.S. having a key injury and Halls taking Fayette Ac to overtime..just wouln't be afraid to think any of our teams wouldn't win!But if Tomlin was to come back quickly..that would help T.C.A. a lot!

I am very much looking forward to coming to Union City this next Friday to watch this game. I think this could turn out to be one of the better games to be at friday night. I know my Tigers had a hard fought game last year and expect the same friday night. I Hope my Tigers can pull this one out but I am smart enough to realize its not going to be easy and Union City will bring there A game. Lets Hope for a injury free night and another hard fought game.....GO Tigers!!!

That's about the way I have it also..but Lake Co being so young and not as as good defensively could still finish as high as second..maybe 1st if they were to beat MCKenzie and Bruceton etc., to not making the playoffs at all..Reality is probably between Greenfield and Lake Co for the last spot..But..with J.C.S. having a key injury and Halls taking Fayette Ac to overtime..just wouln't be afraid to think any of our teams wouldn't win!But if Tomlin was to come back quickly..that would help T.C.A. a lot!

Mr. Bigster is proving to be the constant optomist. Bigster if you beat Mckenzie is your glass half full or half empty?

because If You Beat Mckenzie Mine will be Full. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

With all due respect to Greenfield,this game will probably determine who stays at home and who hits the road in the first round of the playoffs come November....[

Not sure what you mean by this comment Purple..Have you already got Greenfield penciled in over Lake Co...I saw that Bruceton beat Fayette Ac....But I'm not sure how good Fayette Ac is..Halls took them to overtime and Lake Co had about 3 or 4 touchdowns called back against Halls...I believe Lake Co will give Bruceton a good game as well..If Bruceton was to win against U.C. ...2nd place could still be up for grabs..if Lake Co was to beat Bruceton and take care of business the rest of the way!I believe Lake Co still has a good chance of 3rd place..If not..the winner of Greenfield -Lake Co may get the 4th spot..I believe they beat Halls by about the same score but also lost to Dresden..

Also....Not sure it's too bad being the 4th place team and playing the #1 team from the other district...T.C.A. may struggle with their quarterback out and Fayette Ac..Not saying our teams will win..but they may not be as strong as last year!

No,I'm talking about at this present time...Greenfield fans are going to say what about us??...They are currently 2-0 in region play with a game against South Fulton and should be 3-0 next Saturday morning,which will still make them at least tied for first place in the region.....Ahead of Union City,Bruceton and Lake County no matter what any of us do next Friday night.....And none of us better sleep on Gleason either.....I hear they are getting better every week...

I have been saying for a long time our region would end up 1-McKenzie 2-Union City 3-Bruceton 4-Lake County....So,I fully expect Lake Co to beat Greenfield.....

As far as playoff seedings,I want to host a first round game,then take my chances...You are going to have to play and beat someone good to get where you want to go anyway,hitting the road in the first round is not a good thing...TCA,although the injury to the QB is a tough blow,really has enough time to develop their other QB before playoff time gets here....TCA will be fine

I'm with you PandG. It will depend on how UC handles Bruceton's running game. UC 32-26.

This will be a great game... but bruceton's passing game has been gettin better every week.. they will hit with Jordan and Matlock over and over and when you ain't ready they will throw one deep for a touchdown