Region 3-3A Playoff Possibilities

UTCSCOUT07

I honestly believe this is one of the hardest regions in the state of Tennessee, not because it has alot of tallented teams in this region but because it has so many. With nine teams in the mist, one loss could ruin your chances of going. I remember when you used to could go (6-4) and still make the playoffs, but not in this region. I think Polk is a very good team with the help of a great coach,Howard has very good speed and hard to keep obtained, Meigs is a hardnosed run over you kind of team, Mcminn Central has very nice speed with good athletes this year, and Grundy also is a threat. I believe with this five teams it could go either way for playoffs. Mcminn Cental barely beat Meigs but it was in Meigs hands if their quarter back hadn't of got sacked on the 40 yd line iwth 20 seconds left...I believe Central will lose to Howard and possibly Polk....I believe it will end up like this

1. Howard

2. Meigs

3. Cental

4. Polk

xxxxxxx

5.Grundy

6.Notre Dame

7.East Ridge

8.Sequoyah

9.Tellico Plains

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe this is one of the hardest regions in the state of Tennessee, not because it has alot of tallented teams in this region but because it has so many. With nine teams in the mist, one loss could ruin your chances of going. I remember when you used to could go (6-4) and still make the playoffs, but not in this region. I think Polk is a very good team with the help of a great coach,Howard has very good speed and hard to keep obtained, Meigs is a hardnosed run over you kind of team, Mcminn Central has very nice speed with good athletes this year, and Grundy also is a threat. I believe with this five teams it could go either way for playoffs. Mcminn Cental barely beat Meigs but it was in Meigs hands if their quarter back hadn't of got sacked on the 40 yd line iwth 20 seconds left...I believe Central will lose to Howard and possibly Polk....I believe it will end up like this

1. Howard

2. Meigs

3. Cental

4. Polk

xxxxxxx

5.Grundy

6.Notre Dame

7.East Ridge

8.Sequoyah

9.Tellico Plains

Central will fight for either first or second polk wont beat them the only team that should be trouble is howard and that only because they can match centrals speed

Central will fight for either first or second polk wont beat them the only team that should be trouble is howard and that only because they can match centrals speed

WELL YOU CANT JUDGE POLK LIKE THAT, CENTRAL HAD ALOT MORE SPEED THAN MEIGS DID BUT IT CAME DOWN TO THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME WHEN MEIGS GOT STOPPED ON THE 2 YD LINE THAT GAVE CENTRAL THE WIN. CENTRAL HAS A REAL GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR IM GIVING THEM THAT, BUT THEY AINT (THAT MUCH BETTER) IF ANY THAN MEIGS BECAUSE MEIGS HAD 2 STARTING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OUT WITH 2 FRESHMEN STARTING...IM NOT TAKIN AWAY ANYTHING FROM CENTRAL, THEY ARE A VERY FAST, GOOD COACHED, TEAM THAT HAS A REAL GOOD SHOT AT WINNING THE REGION...SO DOES POLK, MEIGS, AND HOWARD....THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS WILL BE A BETTER LAY OUT OF WHAT THE POST SEASON IS COMING DOWN TOO...

WELL YOU CANT JUDGE POLK LIKE THAT, CENTRAL HAD ALOT MORE SPEED THAN MEIGS DID BUT IT CAME DOWN TO THE LAST PLAY OF THE GAME WHEN MEIGS GOT STOPPED ON THE 2 YD LINE THAT GAVE CENTRAL THE WIN. CENTRAL HAS A REAL GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR IM GIVING THEM THAT, BUT THEY AINT (THAT MUCH BETTER) IF ANY THAN MEIGS BECAUSE MEIGS HAD 2 STARTING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OUT WITH 2 FRESHMEN STARTING...IM NOT TAKIN AWAY ANYTHING FROM CENTRAL, THEY ARE A VERY FAST, GOOD COACHED, TEAM THAT HAS A REAL GOOD SHOT AT WINNING THE REGION...SO DOES POLK, MEIGS, AND HOWARD....THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS WILL BE A BETTER LAY OUT OF WHAT THE POST SEASON IS COMING DOWN TOO...

two reasons meigs was even in that game...1. special teams. meigs' starting field position was at midfield almost every time. central has fixed that problem. 2. game clock. the game lasted 5 minutes longer than it should have. meigs had multiple oppurtunities to win it, more than they should, but weren't good enough to do it.

stop making excuses for meigs. central is better, stronger, faster, tougher. thats right, tougher. did you not see central blow meigs off the football all night long?

it will be interesting to see how the region shakes out. don't think that grundy will be a real threat in the end. i could be wrong, though...we will see. GO CHARGERS!!!!

nobody is making excuses, i said central was good but not as good as they think they are. Yeah they probably have improved since they played meigs, but does that mean meigs hasnt? Meigs beat Boyd, a team that Redbank was only beating 7-0 halftime...so im not on here tryin to argue with you, i have seen some of your post where you think central is the best. Yeah i admit im a meigs fan, and no they are not the best team in the region andn either in Central....Howard is the best team in the region...im sayin Central had meigs by double digits with three mins to go in the game and it came down to the last play...Meigs has heart....Central only beat Notre Dame by 7, Meigs beat them by 8...its seems to me they are pretty even...so im complimenting Central so you don't have to down other teams....Howard whens this region with MEIGS,Central, and Polk fighting for the second spot

nobody is making excuses, i said central was good but not as good as they think they are. Yeah they probably have improved since they played meigs, but does that mean meigs hasnt? Meigs beat Boyd, a team that Redbank was only beating 7-0 halftime...so im not on here tryin to argue with you, i have seen some of your post where you think central is the best. Yeah i admit im a meigs fan, and no they are not the best team in the region andn either in Central....Howard is the best team in the region...im sayin Central had meigs by double digits with three mins to go in the game and it came down to the last play...Meigs has heart....Central only beat Notre Dame by 7, Meigs beat them by 8...its seems to me they are pretty even...so im complimenting Central so you don't have to down other teams....Howard whens this region with MEIGS,Central, and Polk fighting for the second spot

i don't think central is the best team in the region..don't put words in my mouth...i'm not trying to argue with you either...and i didn't say meigs hadn't gotten better since the central game, but what does that matter?

howard is the best team in the region right now, but that is why they play the game. i'm not ready to say howard is a dead-lock for 1st in the region. lets see what polk and central do the rest of the way. but it will be those four teams in the playoffs, the only thing in question is in what order. we will know a lot more about polk and howard when they go at it friday night. central has a tough test in er friday..meigs will dominate grudy

one more thing...you can't base how good teams are compared to each other by saying teamA beat teamB who lost to teamC who tied teamD...different games man...different things happen.

You have to remember that Central wasnt starting one of their starting wide recievers and that during that game two quarterbacks switched out some during that game

ALL FOUR TEAMS: HOWARD,POLK,MEIGS, AND CENTRAL HAVE THE POTENTIAL AND THE ATHLETES TO TAKE THE REGION....I THINK HOWARD HAS THE MOST SPEED, MEIGS HAS THE FAST POWERBACK,POLK HAS THE COACH AND KICKER, CENTRAL HAS THE QUARTERBACK...........IT ALL FALLS DOWN TO WHOEVER WANTS IT THE MOST....AGREE?

i can agree with that. best athlete for polk is a the kicker? that the only guy you can mention? if that is the case then why should anybody worry about the wildcats?!!

The bottom line is that nobody in this region is as good as they think they are. Meigs is getting better offensively each week and their defense is much better after switching to a more attacking style after the Central game. Central has good athletes but need to quit talking about how good they are and just play. Polk is not as talented as they have been but you can never question how hard they play. They are the only team in this region who plays hard every play from beginning to end. I would think Howard has the most talent, but fundamentals will catch up with them before its over. They are eventually going to play a team that won't kick to their returners, probably this week. East Ridge probably has as much talent as the rest, but for some reason can't put it together. Grundy seems to be much improved but that still don't mean they are a playoff threat. Notre Dame needs to learn how to take a snap from under center and run a regular high school offense. Wait till next year, AGAIN, for Sequoyah and Tellico.

Win a playoff game against Region 4 and THEN you can open your mouth.