Region 3-3A Playoff Possibilities

UTCSCOUT07

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that nobody in this region is as good as they think they are. Meigs is getting better offensively each week and their defense is much better after switching to a more attacking style after the Central game. Central has good athletes but need to quit talking about how good they are and just play. Polk is not as talented as they have been but you can never question how hard they play. They are the only team in this region who plays hard every play from beginning to end. I would think Howard has the most talent, but fundamentals will catch up with them before its over. They are eventually going to play a team that won't kick to their returners, probably this week. East Ridge probably has as much talent as the rest, but for some reason can't put it together. Grundy seems to be much improved but that still don't mean they are a playoff threat. Notre Dame needs to learn how to take a snap from under center and run a regular high school offense. Wait till next year, AGAIN, for Sequoyah and Tellico.

Win a playoff game against Region 4 and THEN you can open your mouth.

your right. This region is so weak compared to the other 3a regions its not even funny. All 4 teams went 0-4 1st round last year, and i would'nt be surprised if the same thing happens this year. and thats region 4, Imagine if we had to play against region 2. I don't think we have a team that would finish in the top 5 or 6 spots in that region.

your right. This region is so weak compared to the other 3a regions its not even funny. All 4 teams went 0-4 1st round last year, and i would'nt be surprised if the same thing happens this year. and thats region 4, Imagine if we had to play against region 2. I don't think we have a team that would finish in the top 5 or 6 spots in that region.

Not really! Think about this, Howard barely lost to station camp last year. Even thouhg they did go 0-4 they were very competetive and there were no blowouts

The bottom line is that nobody in this region is as good as they think they are. Meigs is getting better offensively each week and their defense is much better after switching to a more attacking style after the Central game. Central has good athletes but need to quit talking about how good they are and just play. Polk is not as talented as they have been but you can never question how hard they play. They are the only team in this region who plays hard every play from beginning to end. I would think Howard has the most talent, but fundamentals will catch up with them before its over. They are eventually going to play a team that won't kick to their returners, probably this week. East Ridge probably has as much talent as the rest, but for some reason can't put it together. Grundy seems to be much improved but that still don't mean they are a playoff threat. Notre Dame needs to learn how to take a snap from under center and run a regular high school offense. Wait till next year, AGAIN, for Sequoyah and Tellico.

Howard lacks Fundamentals! What are you talking about. AND THE HATING CONTINUES!!!! I dont know if Howard will this region but we have a good shot this year. I think POlk and Central have a shot at winning this region along with Howard. But you have no clue! have you seen the Hustlin Tigers play. And If you dont kick to them you are still giving up field position! And I think Meigs has a great team Mobrient is one of the top two players in the region

Notre Dame won three and without taking a snap from under center.

Hey i like this region down in the Chattanonga, but me coming from the midstate this is how the 4-3A region race is shaping up remeber these are the teams the region 3-3A will face in the first two rounds.

1. Staion Camp (2nd round last year

2. Pearl-Cohn (semifinals)

3. White House (2nd round)

4. Greendbrier 4-6

Now last year this region swept 3-3A. It wont be the case this year with howard being so good! but i think the quarterfinal matchup will be Howard vs Pearl-cohn it should be a great matchup of two good football teams and how can i forget to good bands

Not really! Think about this, Howard barely lost to station camp last year. Even thouhg they did go 0-4 they were very competetive and there were no blowouts

I hope your right, and it seems that howard is having a good year. And know this come playoff time I will be pulling for them as I will all the teams in our region, I always do. I have not got to see Howard yet this season so it is hard for me to say much about them. I would like to see them have a good run come playoff time. But you have to admit this region has not been up to par with the other 3A regions over the years. Sure every 4 or 5 years we may have 1 team that will win a couple of games in the playoffs, but that has been about it. I have seen all the other teams in our region except for Grundy. And from what i have seen just average teams. From the teams i have seen in our region I don't think any of them would make the playoffs in region 2 2a. much less region 2 3a.

Hey i like this region down in the Chattanonga, but me coming from the midstate this is how the 4-3A region race is shaping up remeber these are the teams the region 3-3A will face in the first two rounds.

1. Staion Camp (2nd round last year

2. Pearl-Cohn (semifinals)

3. White House (2nd round)

4. Greendbrier 4-6

Now last year this region swept 3-3A. It wont be the case this year with howard being so good! but i think the quarterfinal matchup will be Howard vs Pearl-cohn it should be a great matchup of two good football teams and how can i forget to good bands

Region 1 in 3A is pretty soft this yr. PC vs. Howard in the 1/4s wih the winner rolling to Knoxville to tangle with Fulton or Catholic, but who's looking ahead?

ruse?

Notre Dame has won 2, against Hixson and Sequoyah, who have a combined record OF.......................0-10.

i'm sorry. Since you were making historical references I assumed you were talking obout history since the 07 playoffs have not happened yet and therefore it would be impossible to have beaten a Region 4 team in the playoffs since they have not happened yet..

Notre Dame won three and without taking a snap from under center.

Your right ND won 3 playoff games in 05. Sequoyah went 3 rounds in "99". Now unless i am wrong that has been it for teams advancing past the 2nd rd. the past 10 years out of this region. And for most of those years we did'nt have any teams advance past the 1st rd. Maybe howard can be that team this year?