Coffee Co. at Franklin Co.

RaiderRat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We both ask the same question....3rd and 8 ...maybe 12...run the ball...make them use their last timeout with a minute or less to go...then punt the ball away...or even go for it since they were deep enough in FC territory and then let them try to drive the field with no timeouts. But what gets me is the fake punt in the first half, absolutely mind boggling. CHS up 30-10 with a little over a minute to go, 4th and 12 at its own 36 yard line. Shelbyville has NO timeouts left and Coffee County runs a fake punt with punter Ben AAron of all people. Ben is a great player but to ask him to run 12 yards (plus the lengh of the snap) is ridiculous. Franklin County scored a TD and it was 30-17 at the half. Couldnt' believe it. But CHS kept fighting and tip your hat to Franklin County and Shaquille Shedd, they never gave up . Shedd had 366 yards passing wingman.

You make some good points, however at somepoint and time you need to decide wether you are going to support the Red Raiders, or try and make people think that you are some kind of football analyst that has played the game, have you, if my memory holds i believe you played BAseball not football. I have listened to you on the Radio and several times a player will make a mistake and you will become very critical of that player and never let it rest. If you are going to be one of the voices of the Red Raiders you need to be more supportive of the kids, even if they make a mistake, remember they are still high school students not college players, they will make mistakes. They dont need the Radio announcer to critize them, you are not on ESPN!!! As for the Coaches, guess what they make mistakes too, they don't need one of the people that is suppose to help build support, critize them, what kind of message are you sending. I think if you went down on the field after the game you would have heard Price say that he made some mistakes along with the team and that they was going to have to do better, and he was refering to the whole team including himself and the rest of the coaches. Thunder 1320 does a great job supporting the Red Raiders, you just need to listen to the broadcast and ask yourself should you have said what you said about a kid. If you had kids you might understand what i am saying. You also need to remember that you are suppose to be a Red Raider Coach too, how would you like for someone in the Red Raider coaching staff to go on the air or on line and make comments about one of your players or your Coaching staff, remember this is a small town and we can not afford for some of the comments that you make. As for the game, we made mistakes, anybody that was there knows it, but we held on for the win and that is all that matters. You do allot of good work Pedo just remember the feelings of the kids when you speak, this is just a little friendly advice.

P.S We played Franklin County not Shelpyville, see everybody can make mistakes. Go Big Red

You make some good points, however at somepoint and time you need to decide wether you are going to support the Red Raiders, or try and make people think that you are some kind of football analyst that has played the game, have you, if my memory holds i believe you played BAseball not football. I have listened to you on the Radio and several times a player will make a mistake and you will become very critical of that player and never let it rest. If you are going to be one of the voices of the Red Raiders you need to be more supportive of the kids, even if they make a mistake, remember they are still high school students not college players, they will make mistakes. They dont need the Radio announcer to critize them, you are not on ESPN!!! As for the Coaches, guess what they make mistakes too, they don't need one of the people that is suppose to help build support, critize them, what kind of message are you sending. I think if you went down on the field after the game you would have heard Price say that he made some mistakes along with the team and that they was going to have to do better, and he was refering to the whole team including himself and the rest of the coaches. Thunder 1320 does a great job supporting the Red Raiders, you just need to listen to the broadcast and ask yourself should you have said what you said about a kid. If you had kids you might understand what i am saying. You also need to remember that you are suppose to be a Red Raider Coach too, how would you like for someone in the Red Raider coaching staff to go on the air or on line and make comments about one of your players or your Coaching staff, remember this is a small town and we can not afford for some of the comments that you make. As for the game, we made mistakes, anybody that was there knows it, but we held on for the win and that is all that matters. You do allot of good work Pedo just remember the feelings of the kids when you speak, this is just a little friendly advice.

P.S We played Franklin County not Shelpyville, see everybody can make mistakes. Go Big Red

Sounds like you have it all figured out. You just know the right things to say or not say so apply to 1320 and get on the radio and off the message boards. Look pedo does a fine job, maybe gets a little excited for time to time but, in no way is he out to hurt anybody. I don't think he said he played football but, does spend alot of time around the game. If you are the fan you claim to be why jump on pedo? He support the Red Raiders. Doesn't seem to long ago he was on here and the radio standing up the Basketball coach. He has the right to say what he is thinking.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. You just know the right things to say or not say so apply to 1320 and get on the radio and off the message boards. Look pedo does a fine job, maybe gets a little excited for time to time but, in no way is he out to hurt anybody. I don't think he said he played football but, does spend alot of time around the game. If you are the fan you claim to be why jump on pedo? He support the Red Raiders. Doesn't seem to long ago he was on here and the radio standing up the Basketball coach. He has the right to say what he is thinking.

Didn't Cricket say in so many words last year that the reason we couldn't win a basketball game was because we didn't have much talent? I think that hurt some peoples feelings. Anyway, nobody should be jumping on Pedo about being critical on the radio. I enjoy listening to him (and even Lucky sometimes). Pedo is between a rock and a hard place-- as a baseball coach he has to interact with the other sports coaches plus continue to be unbiased on the air. I think that is very difficult for anyone. He has been loyal to a fault on occasion with other coaches. I have never heard he or Lucky say anything on the radio that wasn't painfully true and to be honest Pedo gives many players more credit than they deserve, so I have to defend him on this one .