Coffee Co. at Franklin Co.

RaiderRat

How is the player from Manchester that got hurt?

i dont know i saw him laying on the ground then i heard someone say it was a neck injury just pray for a quick recovery. when the rebels got settled down it turned into a great game to watch the rebels got the interception they needed with a little more than a minute to play but fumbled it on the interception tuff loss but i think they can bounce back and beat cookville in two weeks. great game to both teams

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know i saw him laying on the ground then i heard someone say it was a neck injury just pray for a quick recovery. when the rebels got settled down it turned into a great game to watch the rebels got the interception they needed with a little more than a minute to play but fumbled it on the interception tuff loss but i think they can bounce back and beat cookville in two weeks. great game to both teams

why was Coffee Co throwing in that situation?

How many passing yds did Shedd have? Had to be 300.

why was Coffee Co throwing in that situation?

How many passing yds did Shedd have? Had to be 300.

We both ask the same question....3rd and 8 ...maybe 12...run the ball...make them use their last timeout with a minute or less to go...then punt the ball away...or even go for it since they were deep enough in FC territory and then let them try to drive the field with no timeouts. But what gets me is the fake punt in the first half, absolutely mind boggling. CHS up 30-10 with a little over a minute to go, 4th and 12 at its own 36 yard line. Shelbyville has NO timeouts left and Coffee County runs a fake punt with punter Ben AAron of all people. Ben is a great player but to ask him to run 12 yards (plus the lengh of the snap) is ridiculous. Franklin County scored a TD and it was 30-17 at the half. Couldnt' believe it. But CHS kept fighting and tip your hat to Franklin County and Shaquille Shedd, they never gave up . Shedd had 366 yards passing wingman.

click this link to read the full story.... cc quit playing defense after they got up 30-7

http://www.thesaturdayindependent.com/defa...ent&he=.com

Maybe so, but as a neutral observer, it looked like Franklin Co. never started playing defense until the second half. A few of us went over to see the game and we saw a good game, it could have gotten ugly quickly but Franklin Co. made a few plays before the half. Shedd is the man that makes the F.C. offense go for sure, had they let him throw the ball more in the second half (And I don't have any idea why they kept trying to run the ball behind like they were) it could have been a very different outcome. After reading some of the post's on here the past day or so, some C.C. people didn't give F.C. any respect at all, I hope now that they have changed their mind a little. When you looked at common opponents it should have been a close game like it turned out.

Both teams beat Shelbyville, Coffee Co. in overtime, and F.C. blew them out last week, and F.C. lost to Wilson Central 28-7 the first game of the year, while last week Wilson Central beat Coffee Co. 33-15, as far as Tullahoma goes, that is such a bitter rival for C.C. you can throw the records out the window in that game, and from what I was told turnovers by Tullahoma were a big factor in that game. Franklin Co. will win some more games this year if they play like they did in the second half last night for sure, and C.C. definately has an impressive offense for sure.

Maybe so, but as a neutral observer, it looked like Franklin Co. never started playing defense until the second half. A few of us went over to see the game and we saw a good game, it could have gotten ugly quickly but Franklin Co. made a few plays before the half. Shedd is the man that makes the F.C. offense go for sure, had they let him throw the ball more in the second half (And I don't have any idea why they kept trying to run the ball behind like they were) it could have been a very different outcome. After reading some of the post's on here the past day or so, some C.C. people didn't give F.C. any respect at all, I hope now that they have changed their mind a little. When you looked at common opponents it should have been a close game like it turned out.

Both teams beat Shelbyville, Coffee Co. in overtime, and F.C. blew them out last week, and F.C. lost to Wilson Central 28-7 the first game of the year, while last week Wilson Central beat Coffee Co. 33-15, as far as Tullahoma goes, that is such a bitter rival for C.C. you can throw the records out the window in that game, and from what I was told turnovers by Tullahoma were a big factor in that game. Franklin Co. will win some more games this year if they play like they did in the second half last night for sure, and C.C. definately has an impressive offense for sure.

Shedd didn't even start the game. Not sure why he didn't play the first two series and why they swapped out later in the game. CC should have used safties to help out on Dixon and Stovall.

Shedd didn't even start the game. Not sure why he didn't play the first two series and why they swapped out later in the game. CC should have used safties to help out on Dixon and Stovall.

You are right on that, Shedd didn't start the game for some reason, but you can tell a difference when he comes in. F.C. would split Stovall out most of the time and the F.C. tight end would be out there in the pattern all by himself and they would still try to throw the ball to Stovall, but don't get me wrong he was the man they needed to get the ball too for sure but if he was double or triple covered you need to look elsewhere. The tight end was wide open all night long and I think they threw the ball to him once. But I'm sure that coach Britton knows much, much more about his team and what they are capable of than I do. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />