Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

I have to disagree seeing as this offense needs all the 1st string reps they can get this late in the year. And as Chris is a freshman with only 3 varsity games under his belt, he too could use the experience and it's not as if they were passing the ball down the field at the end...they were running a freshman! That is the Fulmer menatality...if you are up big let off the gas. Well that carried over from the 2nd half of the GA game to the MissSt game. Florida didn't have any problems doing there thing up by 20+ points because they weren't worried about hurting feelings as much as doing what it took to get better. South coaches have no problems keeping the gas pedal pressed down when the game is in hand because they know that it will pay off in a game where the score IS in doubt late. If a kid never plays a 4 qtr game, regardless of score, how are you going to know what he has at the end after being beat on for 40+ minutes. At this late stage of the season, the opponent's feelings have to be secondary to getting a kid reps. Especially a freshman. And it's not like Sevier County is a chump, they have a good team and there defense was out there to stop the opponent just like DB. Had SC pulled there 1st team? Just curious

Comparing a college coach and high school coach is like comparing the cashier at Pals and Pal himself. $$$$! When you make millions to win games the alumni dont care as long as you win. Funny how you would compare Fulmer now that he has won 2 games in a row. "Freshman" has nothing to do with it when he is your best! Dont bring South into this, we are discussing DB. You sound like my kids when they were little, so and so is doing it too. Since when does a 3-4 record with 2/3 wins against teams with losing records make you a good team. Sorry coach, typically the team getting whipped doesnt show their cards first by pulling first teamers. I bet Karns is a good team too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. We're all good. And trust me, we'd take Chris at South in a heartbeat! I do see why we got a couple of transfers from you. We'll gladly take them too. Dang, why did you have to go and make me all teary eyed! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

If those players had come from South to DB Graham would be acused of recruiting, don't you think? But if they leave DB and go to another school their just "transfers". But thats ok, I wouldn't trade Chris Sensabaugh for the whole South football team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT !!

You people need to get off Clarks back. I was very critical of his play calling the past two years. Especially that last goal line deal against William Blount last year. Coach Clark, the rest of the staff, and the entire team have really turned it on this year. Remember before the season started what all the talk was about? Worst team ever? Clark can't coach anymore? DB might not win a single game? So here we are today. Sure they have lost 3 games, three games they were in until the final seconds and all against top 10 teams. They have improved by leaps and bounds. Went from a team that wasn't very good to a VERY GOOD team. Great job by the coaches and all the players! This team today is 14 points better that the team that narrowly lost to William Blount, Bearden, and Oak Ridge. You do the math.

Wow the wind has changed in WaCo' neighborhood. He must be downwind of the chemical plant on the island. When they lose 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs the wind will shift again in WaCo Forest. As long as you are getting a good hit from the chemical plant I bet you think Coach Morgan is the best basketball coach too.

Comparing a college coach and high school coach is like comparing the cashier at Pals and Pal himself. $$$$! When you make millions to win games the alumni dont care as long as you win. Funny how you would compare Fulmer now that he has won 2 games in a row. "Freshman" has nothing to do with it when he is your best! Dont bring South into this, we are discussing DB. You sound like my kids when they were little, so and so is doing it too. Since when does a 3-4 record with 2/3 wins against teams with losing records make you a good team. Sorry coach, typically the team getting whipped doesnt show their cards first by pulling first teamers. I bet Karns is a good team too.

watchdog

I'm not sure how good Karns is but they did put up more points against Sevier County than DB did /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If those players had come from South to DB Graham would be acused of recruiting, don't you think? But if they leave DB and go to another school their just "transfers". But thats ok, I wouldn't trade Chris Sensabaugh for the whole South football team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Strong statement. Just think where you guys would be/would have been with Curt.

Well looks like it hasn't taken long for the Sensabaugh posts to start overflowing the threads; like shrimp on Forrest Gump's and Captain Dan's shrimp boat. Anyway sticking with the theme of the thread, aside from it being scary that VolmanScott is a parent, the really scary thing is that we haven't even see Sensabaugh play his natural position yet. As good as he is at tailback, wait 'til you see him play linebacker next year. The kid is a beast.

He played linebacker at JC at the end of the game

watchdog

I'm not sure how good Karns is but they did put up more points against Sevier County than DB did /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The infamous Rick Spivey once said on 1320 WKIN (the real call letters) many years ago "happiness my friend is a stuffed beaver!" And with that comment he flipped a cig over his shoulder and accidently burned a hole in the tent below where they were selling stuffed beavers for homecoming. As Lily Tomlin used to say "and thats the truth!"

The infamous Rick Spivey once said on 1320 WKIN (the real call letters) many years ago "happiness my friend is a stuffed beaver!" And with that comment he flipped a cig over his shoulder and accidently burned a hole in the tent below where they were selling stuffed beavers for homecoming. As Lily Tomlin used to say "and thats the truth!"

Hope he didn't spill his drink too! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hope he didn't spill his drink too! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thats funny in a small group but not here. FYI - he hasn't spilled one in a VERY long time if you catch what I'm saying. Taylor and Spivey are two of the best around. I will scan the dial while traveling just to hear other annoucers for all sports and very few compare to what they do. Typically, other games outside of the area have the low man at the station having to do the games and/or somebody young. R and T are very fair to BOTH sides. They love what they are doing and you can hear it in the game they call. When it gets slow the comic relief kicks in. No wonder so many people listen to the games via the net.