Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

The last part first,but yes I think DB is capable of running the table and then some. We needed the two wins badly.I want to see us go into the playoffs on fire,and hope we can improve some of our weekly mistakes.Special teams still worry me to death. Can we please get away from a punt that is near our goal line or rolling on the ground with the other team all around it.I'd like to see us improve more each game and have no weak points at years end.Roll Tribe

I agree about special teams.I heard #10 doesn't even want to be returning punts.Maybe #24 would be a good fit for the job.The coaches need to tell players to stay away from punts that are no returnable don't you think?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB's remaining schedule:

Dobyns Bennett (3-3, 1-1)

OPEN WEEK

@ Sevier County (2-4, 1-1)

@ Knox Karns (1-5, 0-2)

Campbell County (3-2, 1-0)

Science Hill (3-2, 1-0)

I think they get past Sevier County next week in Sevierville and we'll be looking at a 6-3 (4-1) DB squad battling a possibly 6-3/5-4 (4-1, 3-2) Science Hill ball club. I'm not allowing Science Hill to write off Jefferson County yet either, although the game is in Johnson City.

I agree about special teams.I heard #10 doesn't even want to be returning punts.Maybe #24 would be a good fit for the job.The coaches need to tell players to stay away from punts that are no returnable don't you think?

One would think, punt return has cost them atleast one game already this season (William Blount).

One would think, punt return has cost them atleast one game already this season (William Blount).

Right on.That was #15.But it could have been any of a bunch of players.That position should not be taken lightly.With all the speed that DB has a number of players can play back there,but you have to be smart about catching the ball and letting it roll.With players from opposing team all around you and in your face tends to put pressure on you.Catching the ball and holding on is the trick.

DB's remaining schedule:Dobyns Bennett (3-3, 1-1)OPEN WEEK@ Sevier County (2-4, 1-1)@ Knox Karns (1-5, 0-2)Campbell County (3-2, 1-0)Science Hill (3-2, 1-0)I think they get past Sevier County next week in Sevierville and we'll be looking at a 6-3 (4-1) DB squad battling a possibly 6-3/5-4 (4-1, 3-2) Science Hill ball club. I'm not allowing Science Hill to write off Jefferson County yet either, although the game is in Johnson City.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow a good win over a bad Betsy squad and all the band wagon jumpers are back on board. Now weren't you just over on another thread telling people not to count wins before they happen.

Right on.That was #15.But it could have been any of a bunch of players.That position should not be taken lightly.With all the speed that DB has a number of players can play back there,but you have to be smart about catching the ball and letting it roll.With players from opposing team all around you and in your face tends to put pressure on you.Catching the ball and holding on is the trick.

Glad to see you back and posting since your self imposed exile or is it because your back on board now after a couple of wins.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow a good win over a bad Betsy squad and all the band wagon jumpers are back on board. Now weren't you just over on another thread telling people not to count wins before they happen.Glad to see you back and posting since your self imposed exile or is it because your back on board now after a couple of wins.

Hey we have been here.I never did get off the wagon.Are you looking thru them binoculars cause I am rite in front of U.hahaha

Speaking of numbers,this was the first time that we were"100"strong.I think when the kids get back to work next week,they should have an extra skip in their step.The coaches rewarded many kids for nearly a year of hard work.If many fans would see what this entire team went through during the Jan.spring drills,they would be thankful as GC and his staff are by rewarding the whole team.If some players didn't get into the game,I know they tried,and even got a delay of game doing it.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow a good win over a bad Betsy squad and all the band wagon jumpers are back on board. Now weren't you just over on another thread telling people not to count wins before they happen.

True, I was telling people not to count wins before they happen. It had everything to do with counting a victory over Dobyns Bennett, not a down Sevier County, and perennial cellar dwellars Campbell County (I don't care what their record is now) and Knox Karns. I think your point to be insignificant since it deals with counting wins prematurely against teams that are collectivley under five hundred until SH meets DB in Kingsport. Jefferson County has McFall, and with him you can't count the Patriots out. That's why I said wait on Jefferson County too.

I will say after Science Hill's debacle against South in their opener, when they beat a "bad Betsy squad" 28-7, everybody jumped back on Gilligans wagon. They asked him to beat TH and he couldn't. Ask me why and I couldn't tell you.

I saw with my own eyes what Bearden has and it is something to see. Their defense is every bit as good as Dobyns Bennett's, played to a 0-0 tie after four quarters to prove it. If you try to use the Bearden/Farragut 35-28 gun slinger to take down Beardens defense, well thats just a usual Bearden/Farragut game, all bets aside. Thier quarterbacks a good one too. I know Coach Overbay, SH's defensive coordinator is good, but he is no Watson. That crazy old man has the magic. I guess we'll see what Overbay can do with him. I'm traveling to the game so if you can't make it I'll be glad to offer my full blown assesment.

I still think DB beats SH in Gilligans inaugural game against DB at J.Fred. I think the man has a bit to learn about tradition in east Tennessee. TH showed him some, SH hasn't earned anything yet. Beat Bearden in Knoxville, that'll be a start. Then beat DB at the Fred and that'll be a step. I don't think SH can do either though. The man is not the savior you swore you'd look for. I will say he's alot better than your previous coach. Has the media on his side.

Coal for the fire boys, coal for the fire!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow a good win over a bad Betsy squad and all the band wagon jumpers are back on board.

Glad to see you back and posting since your self imposed exile or is it because your back on board now after a couple of wins.

Back on what band wagon TopVol. I am a DB fan, I'll go ahead and label myself though I support the region as a whole. Imagine that. We DB fans are always on the band wagon, usually the first and last to complain or make excuses, and ALWAYS the first to defend. I think plowboy2 would agree.

I don't beleive, in the past decade, that Science Hill has scheduled any programs like William Blount or Oak Ridge, let alone be willing to stick their necks out to find out what could happen. Lord knows, they for some reason cant manage to scrap around some dollars to travel further than Colonial Heights and Morristown. I guess the boosters club isn't anything like the Quarterback Club, or the DB Bands organization for that matter. Try to play the best to become the best, sometimes you fall and scratch your knee but you atleast you know you tried.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow a good win over a bad Betsy squad and all the band wagon jumpers are back on board. Now weren't you just over on another thread telling people not to count wins before they happen.Glad to see you back and posting since your self imposed exile or is it because your back on board now after a couple of wins.

I don't think wanting your team to do well and getting frustrated when they don't is jumping off and on the band wagon. It's called being a fan, you know kinda like the big brother syndrome. Where you get frustrated with him, pick on him, call him names, and even get annoyed with him, but he is your little brother and it's o.k. for you to say these things about him but don't dare anyone else try or they will be dealt with.

Blood is thicker than water! And ours runs MAROON baby!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />