Temple vs. Copper Basin

Green_Acres

I thought he's done we'll from his first week. I had thought he was just going to be a basketball coach trying to coach football, but it's obvious when you watch him that he knows what he's doing. I'm excited about Temple's future with him at the helm.

He doesn't have a clue what he is doing... he never played football at any level, he followed John Allen around for 2 years....for you to think he knows what he is doing shows how ignorant you and any other person is that agrees with you...

TheLivingLeged....

Who is the legend walking the sidelines that you are talking about??? is it Chip Kell?? cause if that is who you are talking about you are severly mistaken....he quit last week, and will never be back on those sidelines...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have a clue what he is doing... he never played football at any level, he followed John Allen around for 2 years....for you to think he knows what he is doing shows how ignorant you and any other person is that agrees with you...

TheLivingLeged....

Who is the legend walking the sidelines that you are talking about??? is it Chip Kell?? cause if that is who you are talking about you are severly mistaken....he quit last week, and will never be back on those sidelines...

Eagle,

Someone posted on another thread something about his having played in Alabama before moving to Temple. Also, He was only at Silverdale for one year and he was at David Brainerd for two years. Did you mean to say that he followed John around for one year or am I missing something here? From watching him, he looks and acts like a John Allen clone, so I wonder if he had not been following him around for longer than two years. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

He played basketball - not football- and you might be correct about the years spent at DB and silverdale- I was only guessing- I know that DBCS and SBA are not exactly powerhouse football programs- so I doubt he really learned alot...unless he learned how to lose which he will be doing alot...

I cannot really comment on either program but John Allen had some pretty successful years at LFO. It seems to me that he may have learned a little more from John Allen than how to lose.

Temple's "new team" settled down in the 2nd half against Silverdale and played their 1st string to a 6 - 6 tie. If another week of practice yields the growth that the new team's 1st week yielded it should be a good game.

Did this 6 - 6 tie take place between Temple's starters and Silverdale's JV? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Temple will get there 1 st win this week and i m not even a Temple fan. They have come along good from what i ve seen, there not the same team from the beginning, Temple by 3

I would have to agree that they aren't the same team from the begining... Most of the starters are brand new guys!

I kid about temple (and sorta don't like them) but i do think that with the new players they progress even further this week. That being said, i think they put up a decent fight but still lose by a touchdown or two, but it isn't going to be a huge blowout in favor of Copper basin or Temple.

He played basketball - not football- and you might be correct about the years spent at DB and silverdale- I was only guessing- I know that DBCS and SBA are not exactly powerhouse football programs- so I doubt he really learned alot...unless he learned how to lose which he will be doing alot...

Such a classy comment. Just because a coach does not win does not make him a bad coach, especially in start up programs. He learned a lot from an Ooltewah assistant for 2 years at DB, and then got some more experience from John Allen at Silverdale. Obviously, Temple is not my favorite place, but I don't think their coach should be bashed. At least he is trying, and did get some loyal bb players to help.

Having seen Copper Basin and the original Temple team on film I would be pretty comfortable saying that Copper basin would win had temple played with the original group. Now that 10 or so kids have joined the team and several of those are pretty good athletes I would say that the field has been somewhat leveled. Add new coaching and a more fitting offense I'll say Temple wins their first game in a squeaker by 3

Having seen Copper Basin and the original Temple team on film I would be pretty comfortable saying that Copper basin would win had temple played with the original group. Now that 10 or so kids have joined the team and several of those are pretty good athletes I would say that the field has been somewhat leveled. Add new coaching and a more fitting offense I'll say Temple wins their first game in a squeaker by 3

So how much would it cost for Temple to take down the goalposts at finley?

I agree that temple will put up a good game and will win this one by less than a touchdown. should be close /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />