Elizabethton @ East?

orange and black

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. Ill say it it when do we make changes and try some other kids at different positions? Nothing we did against DB gave us a chance! If you cant run inside and cant throw the ball if Im on defense you know its coming outside! When you run the ball on 3rd and 13 up the middle you know your passing game is bad! I may be wrong but tell me one positive that came out of the DB game!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The faster and better teams you play outside of Region ,will help your guys in the long run.Elizabethton can hang their hats on the fact it was close at the half.

EHS would get beat in 3a also. So would 5 or 6 other teams in the MTN Lakes Conference. The conference is not that good except for South. TN High is ok but you cannot beat a good team when you cannot pass.

I hate hearing the small school playing the big school crap. South Greene beat David Crockett and Crockett has a lot more students.

they seem to be slowly bringing the JV guys along. the JV kids are doing a good job but they aren't ready for science hill or db varsity teams either. they are getting some playing time in the big games to get a taste of what level of play they will need in the next few years and give them something to shoot for in conditioning. i think we will continue to see the coach bring in more younger guys in the next few games. at the same time the older players will continue to develope within the system. i agree with ripper and we need to keep in mind the kids are playing playing up a level about every weekend. when more evenly matched they have played well.

it might be interesting to see some option plays on offense. this may work well with wes, i wouldn't mind seeing forbes try to run the option from qb. there would definitly be some speed on the field. we'll see what happens

GO CYCLONES

If ELiz. wins friday it gives them the inside track for the 4th playoff spot. If they lose

then they have to have a lot of help. E does not have a lot of talent. The soph. class

is not very good the junior class is not real good. Look at there records at Jr. high

and as freshman. If you can not win playing against kids your own age then how are

you going to fare when you are plAying against men. Coach W will be able to make

something by cherry picking these next several years, and building a team. Some

of these kids are good athletes in track and maybe other sports but they are not

football players. They have played a few of the younger kids at FB against The Hill

the FB did not make contact with anyone on 16 of the first 20 offensive plays ran.

The defense all jump on no one hits. This is something you can't teach. It takes a

little something that these kids don't seem to have you have to like contact. We seem

to try and avoid contact. They do at least look like a football team and play like one.

PLAY HARD FRIDAY AND GIVE YOURSELF A SHOOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.

GO CYCLONES.

nomore,

be careful what you point out. there are some that have watched these JV kids longer than you have. through years they were very competitive in the pee wee junior league play against any team in the region. when their carreer started at TA Dugger they didn't do quite as well but they never seemed to play the positions they had for years. i guess the coaches saw something diffrent than their previous coach. whatever they saw it didn't seem to work as well. as freshman again not their best season. this year they have new coaching and a great deal of hope for the future. it seems to be making a diffrence. i'll agree a number of the uounger players got shell shocked at the beginning of the science hill game. welcome to varsity football. they got their welcome and since then i believe they have been steadily improving. dwell on the science hill game all you want. you said the sophmore class isn't very good. i beg to differ. the JV team has now beaten science hill and DB's JV teams. they are still undefeated this year. not to jinx them but what more do you need from them in order to play up to your lofty standards.

this thread wasn't originally about the JV team. i'm hoping for a good showing for the varsity team this weekend. a little time for wes and some more strong running from brooks and good things may happen. great group that has plenty of adversity to deal with through their high school career. i hope the second half leaves them with good memories.

GO CYCLONES

I hope and pray they do great I only know what has happened on the field and what I have seen from

kids so far this season. They do not like contact and a coach can't teach that. Itero [spelling] Forbes are

fast and will make good backs, but you must have blocks. The whole conference is down this season.

THS will be the team to beat next season. I believe EHS could make a fight for second. South will

lose Phillips. South will get better up front over the next two seasons. JC is down and probably will

not be as good next season. E is on the way up. Coach W will make something out of a sauws [spelling]

ear. Keep that hope and build on it, good things will happen. But the talent still is not there,

some good athletes but not a lot of football players.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> no football players on the elizabethton j.v. team?? omg, you will be eating those words in the future, watch out

I hope and pray they do great I only know what has happened on the field and what I have seen from

kids so far this season. They do not like contact and a coach can't teach that. Itero [spelling] Forbes are

fast and will make good backs, but you must have blocks. The whole conference is down this season.

THS will be the team to beat next season. I believe EHS could make a fight for second. South will

lose Phillips. South will get better up front over the next two seasons. JC is down and probably will

not be as good next season. E is on the way up. Coach W will make something out of a sauws [spelling]

ear. Keep that hope and build on it, good things will happen. But the talent still is not there,

some good athletes but not a lot of football players.

Sorry...I have to do this.

QUOTE(getinthere @ Jul 14 2007 - 05:17 PM)

All I can say is thank god some of those coaches in the stands are gone from last year. Of course I don't know how we will ever make it without the heisman candidate back there at qb. GLee needs to stay in kentucky and keep his mouth there too. If that kid on the backside is who i think you are talking about there must be some reason he is listed as one of the top players in the state, I don't think its because his daddy gets on here whinning every week like a couple i can think of. If your kid isn't on the team why would you sit here and put down others, obviously you must be jealous.

QUOTE(cyclonefaithful @ Jul 14 2007 - 08:41 PM)

Anderson is three or four times the leader of the infamous P Smith. The Cyclones will be just fine.

QUOTE(winchampionships @ Jul 9 2007 - 02:19 PM)

we will see a big difference this year i look for some surprises along the way with winning some games we shouldnt or be expected to win. T-20 days till 2 adays start! buckleup folks its going to be a wild ride

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Sorry...I have to do this.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Cap, people don't need a conscience with you out there /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The best athlete on the field is not being used enough and it's not the coaches fault. They have tried to get the ball into his hands but for whatever reason - you all see the same games I do. What if you put him behind center maybe a third or 50 percent of the time and run a spread option with Price, Carr and those speedy sophomores? There is enough speed between Fuqua, Price, Carr, Itaro, Forbes and Eryasa running the football that people in this conference would have a hard time controlling. Fuqua with the wide pitch or tuck it and go would kick people's butts.

If Cloudland can go to the Class 1-A State Championship with a running athlete back in the backfield, the same kid win a Mr. Football two years later, then Fuqua - who is hands down one of the best athletes I've seen - could do it and be dangerous even if it's just used 30-40 percent of the team. That's just my opinion. I'm not a coach. I don't claim to be, but judging what I've seen I honestly believe it would be effective. I saw some tape from Sullivan East-Unaka and looking at the East defense, with respect to that program, they could not stop a spread rushing attack.

That being said, I'm not saying anything bad about the current quarterback. He is a good kid and the community should support him. He's done some good things this year. I'm just saying adding a little bit of razzle and dazzle wouldn't hurt things.

I agree with what someone said earlier, this week's game will be more of a gauge as to how much the team's improved and how they stack up with the rest of the conference. Everybody have a good week!

To be completely honest, you have made some good points, except for the fact that the main problem is the coaches try to get the ball in fuqua's hands a little too much............ok, WAY too much, and quite frankly he is not the athlete people think he is AT ALL.... He drops 9 out of 10 balls that come his way. During the central game i realized Wes actually throws the ball pretty well, But his main downfall is his speed, he is not quick enough to give himself time to make the play or run with the ball if he gets in trouble!!! The best receiver on the team is Wendell Loving..... Fuqua couldnt carry his jock strap... But of course because fuqua is faster he is automatically better /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> NOT!!!! Personally, I think Fuqua should stick to the track... If they wanna throw to someone, throw to Loving!!!!!!!! He'll get the job done!!!!!!!