Elizabethton @ East?

orange and black

GO CYCLONES!!

Coach Witten99 is suffering from the 'Pless Hangover'. It will take time to re-align the 'young minds'.

As far as Wes Anderson & P Smith. They would both give thier 'eye teeth' for their teammates. 99% of thier teammates can't look in the mirror and say the same. Those two are tough caracters. Hang tough......... better times are ahead! The re-alignment has begun but it takes time.

Thanks Cap. 'They' had that coming. The truth hurts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. Ill say it it when do we make changes and try some other kids at different positions? Nothing we did against DB gave us a chance! If you cant run inside and cant throw the ball if Im on defense you know its coming outside! When you run the ball on 3rd and 13 up the middle you know your passing game is bad! I may be wrong but tell me one positive that came out of the DB game!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I hear thru the rumor mill that things have changed this week and some were not happy with the outcome. We'll see for sure friday night.

If ELiz. wins friday it gives them the inside track for the 4th playoff spot. If they lose

then they have to have a lot of help. E does not have a lot of talent. The soph. class

is not very good the junior class is not real good. Look at there records at Jr. high

and as freshman. If you can not win playing against kids your own age then how are

you going to fare when you are plAying against men. Coach W will be able to make

something by cherry picking these next several years, and building a team. Some

of these kids are good athletes in track and maybe other sports but they are not

football players. They have played a few of the younger kids at FB against The Hill

the FB did not make contact with anyone on 16 of the first 20 offensive plays ran.

The defense all jump on no one hits. This is something you can't teach. It takes a

little something that these kids don't seem to have you have to like contact. We seem

to try and avoid contact. They do at least look like a football team and play like one.

PLAY HARD FRIDAY AND GIVE YOURSELF A SHOOT AT THE PLAYOFFS.

GO CYCLONES.

Where are u from? Some times it takes a more than just a great bunch of kids to win football games. The soph. class will be the best since the Witten's days. Freshman and jr high football are just building blocks for the future. My personal class was 0-6 at TAD but we were ranked as high as 3rd in the State my senior year.

nomore Posted Oct 1 2007 - 08:25 PM

I hope and pray they do great I only know what has happened on the field and what I have seen from

kids so far this season. They do not like contact and a coach can't teach that. Itero [spelling] Forbes are

fast and will make good backs, but you must have blocks. The whole conference is down this season.

THS will be the team to beat next season. I believe EHS could make a fight for second. South will

lose Phillips. South will get better up front over the next two seasons. JC is down and probably will

not be as good next season. E is on the way up. Coach W will make something out of a sauws [spelling]

ear. Keep that hope and build on it, good things will happen. But the talent still is not there,

some good athletes but not a lot of football players.

Nomore what are you looking at the boys club league. I can vouche personally for the jv team. #10 has a vince young ora about him. I said it at the begining of the year e-town is loyal and if coach w has the guts he will pull the skill postion players after 1quarter, if they are not performing. IMO coach w should take the jv team and build for the furture. They've got the champions of the mlc next year. It's not a jv team that can handle them right not. One thing though, the couple of jv games I attended they did not hardly put the ball in the air. Good luck cyclones.

I noticed that Coach Whitten has announced some of the changes on offense. Ryan Thomas will get the start at QB and Derek Carr will get the start at tailback. I didn??™t know that Carr wasn??™t starting anyway. I would question the fact that Carr wasn??™t the go to guy on that team in the first place unless it was because of the injury in the SH game. It looks like Coach Whitten is determined to find what works. From what I have seen some of them just need to take more pride in the position and role they play on the field, and I don??™t think it would hurt for the OL to look at and take more pride in their individual performance. You would think watching film would allow the coaches to point out who the weak link is and replace him/them for players that do their best not to let the team down. JMO

If Betsy can contain Easts QB (because his is 90% of their production off the option) they can stay in this game. I would suggest taking QB first on the option because the others can??™t hurt you like he can and he keeps the ball 6 out of 10 times.

BLOCKING is the key to Elizabethton??™s offensive success. If they can hold there blocks to spring Carr past the line of scrimmage he is more than capable of doing the rest.

Something about Nelson gets under my skin (he seems way to confident about this game), so I would love to see the Cyclones pull this one off. Physically they can, but I??™m not sure if Coach Whitten and staff have been successful at convincing them of this.

Penalties and turnovers killed EHS. They had a turnover at the East 4 yard line and then fumbled with around 2 minutes left in the game. I think the penalties hurt worse because they got some dumb personnel fouls that killed their momentum.

East is mostly a one man team ( their QB). If a team could pass I do not think East would ever stop them.

# 10 for EHS showed some good things and when he gets some more playing time he could turn out to be a good QB.