Farragut @ William Blount.

wbballplayer03

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wareagle05, come on man be real. I'm not blaming all farragut's defensive woes on #35, I also pointed out that their secondary is suspect as well. They moved #45 inside for the same reason, he is too slow to play the outside run. Why else move a player like #44 who's tearing it up at Mike? It's because the players next to him are a liability. If Farragut played in a region of primarily I formation teams, all of their LB's would do fine. But be honest #35 and #45 are to slow to play teams that spread the field. It's not like those guys are terrible, they have ability to tackle anyone they can get their hands on, it's having the athletic ability to get their hands in them that is hurting them.

im in agreeance with wareagle i believe 35 is a fantastic player and has nothing at all to do with problems in the defense in fact i believe hes one of the main reasons its kept together and had a really good year.

Starpower i know your a fan of the program so how can you bash farraguts 2nd or 3rd leading tackle and possibly the hardest hitter on the team(#35). If a team can run on farragut its the front 8s problem not just one or two of the linebackers

Anyways, this should be a great game to watch. Both teams are pretty physical and have good offenses and good defenses. im getting my popcorn ready!

WB 31

Farragut 21

I have enjoyed watching high school football here in east Tennessee for years and last weeks WB-Maryville game is the Best high school football game I have ever seen! THANK YOU! I have had the opportunity to see Farragut play twice this year (Bearden and central). Farragut is tough! This game will be different than the WB-maryville. WB coaching staff did an outstanding job! The preparation will be different against farragut especially on defense. WB's defense is very good. Last week WB's defensive coaches schemed maryvilles offense by stopping their running game literally with 3 linemen and dropped 7- 8 to control their passing game. With Farraguts running game it will be the exact opposite this week. Instead of 8 in the secondary farragut will see 7-8 in the box to stop Sterling. I have not seen mcminn co. but I doubt their as quick or tackle as well as WB. WBs running back is a threat everytime he touches the ball and will be the fastest kid on the field. Without maryvilles passing game the WB defense shuts maryville out and if they stop Farraguts running game they potentially could shut farragut out. That will be a tough task though. Although Farragut depends greatly on their running game their coaches do a great job mixing in some productive pass plays. Look forward to seeing another great game. Good luck to both sides!

Champman ... very good assessment. This one counts for more than bragging rights, so I think we see another battle looming. I look for WB to pull away toward the end, but who knows.

ktownman, iamdamaster, hunter: I am glad you are standing up for your friend and teammate. I never said #35 and #45 couldn't tackle, or that they couldn't hit. I'm saying that they are not fast, and have trouble with teams that don't run right at them. Their tackle numbers should be the best on the team because that is what your defense is geared toward. The DL squeezing the OL and creating lanes for the LB's to make the tackles. These guys do excel at running plays inside the tackles, but are a liability when having to play the outside run, or in pass coverage. #35 should be leading the team in tackles by a wide margin because most teams Farragut has played this year run his side. Is it just by chance? I'm not saying anything every coach that has watched film doesn't already know. I like #35 and #45, they're good guys who play with great effort, but you can't take a mule to the Kentucky Derby.

Hunter, been a Farragut fan all my life, from watching Bill Bates as a kid, to wearing the star, to seeing pretty much every game the last 20+ years. I try to keep up with all the Farragut Football teams from Middle School thru Varsity. You may not know me by name but if you are around the program you may have seen me hanging around from time to time. I don't have any insider scoop other than idle gossip, my opinions of the Farragut program are from my own personal observations.